Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Yes, you ran the tests correctly, and you have started 3 extra tasks. So, my hypothesis about task limit was probably not correct.

@mk: can you start the beep_task with its code replaced to an empty loop like this?

static void beep_task()
{
    while(1) msleep(100);
}

mk11174

Quote from: a1ex on January 11, 2014, 10:06:26 AM
Yes, you ran the tests correctly, and you have started 3 extra tasks. So, my hypothesis about task limit was probably not correct.

@mk: can you start the beep_task with its code replaced to an empty loop like this?

static void beep_task()
{
    while(1) msleep(100);
}

On my 700d, the task starts fine, but if u wanted to know if I could run it with bolt trigger too, well, then no, same crash.

Also, maybe this means something?
When I first started loading features. I was trying WAV RECORDING but when I tried enabling it with FEATURE_BEEP, I lost the modules menu, I could only load 1 of those at a time. If that means anything?

You want me to compile the beep_task test for 650D too.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

a1ex

Don't try wav recording. I've disabled it because of a dangerous bug.

For bolt trigger, I need to modify the beep routine to make it non-blocking (until then, you should not call it from vsync hook). There are two ways: either replace that semaphore with a message queue, or simply drop all the requests done while some other beep is playing. Also, the LED blinking part should be moved in beep_task (because it's the delay that's crashing LiveView). To do this, you need a pretty solid background in multitasking programming though.

mk11174

Ok, on wav recording, at the beginning I thought it was undefed cause the audio stubs were not added yet, so I turned things on to check and when I saw module tab was no longer showing I made it undef again then left it that way because module tab was back.

UPDATE:
Turning off info_led in beep.c keeps it from crashing like you said, it beeps just fine, no crash during bolt trigger detections.

walter_schulz

I don't speak "code" ...
Just drop a line/link if there is anything to test on 650D.

Ciao
Walter

ric

mk11174

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on January 11, 2014, 11:55:10 PM
Anyone want to test to see if Full Time Audio Meters now work?
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads/ML_650D_ML_Audio_Jan_11_2014.zip
Yes does work. Full time Jesus you are Great, Any chance to adjust levels while recording. Thank you :P
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on January 12, 2014, 12:32:05 AM
Yes does work. Full time Jesus you are Great, Any chance to adjust levels while recording. Thank you :P
No, unfortunatly now from me, I don't know how to program the Audio IC code, so for now this is all we can get. I only know very basic stuff.

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on January 12, 2014, 12:48:21 AM
No, unfortunatly now from me, I don't know how to program the Audio IC code, so for now this is all we can get. I only know very basic stuff.
Meters are a lot, a huge step with my Rebel, Thank you ;D
650D-700D

homba_gomba

Quote from: mk11174 on January 11, 2014, 11:55:10 PM
Anyone want to test to see if Full Time Audio Meters now work?
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads/ML_650D_ML_Audio_Jan_11_2014.zip

Hi there guys,

I just registered to report a Bug:

When I boot the Magic Lantern Build with the Full Time Audio Meters, the meters do show up but they flickering a lot and are showing way to high levels (compared to the native canon audio meters). To get rid of these flickering I need to go to the Canon audio settings and back and then the levels show up correctly.

Anyone else noticed this ?

I am using a Rode Videomic Pro on my 650D, dont know if it affects these issue.

Also, im not sure if I may missed anything, but I do not have an audio-tab on my ML-menu.

Felipe

Quote from: homba_gomba on January 12, 2014, 02:12:42 AM
Hi there guys,

I just registered to report a Bug:

When I boot the Magic Lantern Build with the Full Time Audio Meters, the meters do show up but they flickering a lot and are showing way to high levels (compared to the native canon audio meters). To get rid of these flickering I need to go to the Canon audio settings and back and then the levels show up correctly.

Anyone else noticed this ?

I am using a Rode Videomic Pro on my 650D, dont know if it affects these issue.

Also, im not sure if I may missed anything, but I do not have an audio-tab on my ML-menu.
No No flickering at all , If is flickering I guess you are not using a fast enough card, but just guessing.
Using external mic as well, but not either with internal mic.
HOWEVER ONE THING I noticed is that when you turn the camera on doesn't show red or peaking with red color when peaks, but when you go to Canon menu and return to ML interface does show the red of peaking when it happens. Yes levels show too high
YES Levels are more precise with the january 9 version not continous meters but when recording only
650D-700D

homba_gomba

Quote from: Felipe on January 12, 2014, 02:45:13 AM
No No flickering at all , levels are fine, Go by color Green good signal, Yellow around -12 - 6  db fine. Red, peaking, Use the limiter in the Canon menu.
If is flickering I guess you are not using a fast enough card, but just guessing.
Using external mic as well, but not either with internal mic

I think you got me wrong there. The colors of the meters are fine the levels just dont represent the real levels that are being recorded (too high and flickering). To get the ML-Levels to show the real db-values I have to open up the Canon-audiomenu and close it again. Then the levels are correct.

Just test if you got different db-values after opening and closing the canon audio menu.

tbh I dont think this has anything to do with a too slow sd-card.

Felipe

Quote from: homba_gomba on January 12, 2014, 03:10:49 AM
I think you got me wrong there. The colors of the meters are fine the levels just dont represent the real levels that are being recorded (to much db and flickering). To get the ML-Levels to show the real db-values I have to open up the Canon-audiomenu and close it again. Then the levels are correct.

Just test if you got diffrent db-values after opening and closing the canon audio menu.

tbh I dont think this has anything to do with a to slow sd-card.

Yes I edited my last reply. Again not flickering at all but levels change when you open the Canon Menu and Red peaking has a bug there also.
BACK to January 9 version
650D-700D

mk11174

Well, not perfect fix yet anyway, it was only suppose to be a temp solution until we get the audio code written for our audio chip, but I guess it does no good if meters are not accurate, probably best to not use then?

Change will not be in nightly, I wanted to test first before I attempted putting it there.

And yes, sound menu wont show unless you load mlv_snd, because the only sound option you had that needed the sound menu was the beep, but the beep task is one to many tasks for your camera and that will kill your Module Menu, but if you load the mlv_snd module and reboot cam, you will see your sound menu with mlv_snd in it.

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on January 12, 2014, 03:26:23 AM
Well, not perfect fix yet anyway, it was only suppose to be a temp solution until we get the audio code written for our audio chip, but I guess it does no good if meters are not accurate, probably best to not use then?

The meter is great and very accurate, and have no bugs in the previous version when was not continuous, that was in January 9 version . Just that this last one needs
to  do some corrections. Mean while I can not live without your meters, that now are my meters.
Again I don't see any flickering at all, I guess because my Panasonic Gold SDHC Card 90 read 45 write card. ;D ;D ;D
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on January 12, 2014, 03:41:13 AM
The meter is great and very accurate, and have no bugs in the previous version when was not continuous, that was in January 9 version . Just that this last one needs
to  do some corrections. Mean while I can not live without your meters, that now are my meters.
Again I don't see any flickering at all, I guess because my Panasonic Gold SDHC Card 90 read 45 write card. ;D ;D ;D
Oh, i dont mean I will take away meters during recording, they will be there like they were before full time meters, well, just use the nightly and meters will be there like they were before the test full time meters, this was just a test bin for you to test to see if we can make use of meters before recording.

mk11174

Strange, on the 700D the meters and tiny numbers are perfect with the canon ones, I ran a tone test from my pc using the int mic on cam and the numbers match also the colors are perfect.

So at least on the 700D it works fine.

I am not have any bugs to where I need to go into the canon menu to fix them.

Does it happen all the time? Maybe it is something I can tweak, just harder since I don't have a 650D.

mk11174

glassescreditsroll

i know everyones focused on the module tab right now but i cant figure out how to do quick white balance change i know how to do the iso quck change but the wb is driving me crazy / also way off topic but were all filmmakers here  :P black and white video in post or in camera?

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on January 12, 2014, 05:55:22 AM
Can you try this bin?
https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/t5i/downloads/ML_650D_ML_Audio_Jan_11_2014_Test2.zip

The issue remains,  when I open the Canon Menu and go to the ML interface levels change . It doesn't happen with January 9 version. meters when recording only. :'(
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on January 12, 2014, 02:21:51 PM
The issue remains,  when I open the Canon Menu and go to the ML interface levels change . It doesn't happen with January 9 version. meters when recording only. :'(
Sux trying to do it without cam in my hands, this is the kind of thing you need to try over and over till you find the issue, probably going to be to hard to figure out this way, def takes way to long to get feedback for an issue like this, sorry.

Eventually when someone that figures out how to work the audio chip and code it, I am sure everything will work, but until then, I guess for the 650d at least, you will have to just use recording only meters or the canon meters of coarse.

So just keep using the nightly versions, that still only uses recording only meters.

Thanks for the feedback you have given so far though 8]

newsense

Quote from: glassescreditsroll on January 12, 2014, 06:34:56 AM
i know everyones focused on the module tab right now but i cant figure out how to do quick white balance change i know how to do the iso quck change but the wb is driving me crazy / also way off topic but were all filmmakers here  :P black and white video in post or in camera?

Im like 98 percent sure there is no WB shortcut but ive been wrong before. I prefer and I think most filmmakers prefer doing anything they can in camera vs doing it in post.

venture

Hello, just installed magic lantern yesterday and it really is amazing. I'm starting to work through the various options and had a couple of questions:

1) I've enabled Quick Erase (SET+erase) and Set+MainDial (Expose Adjust) under the Image Review Settings on the Prefs page. However, neither is working for me. Both behave as if the Set button was never pressed. I've also enabled Image Review and Quick Zoom and they both ARE working. Has anyone else had a similar experience or am I doing something wrong? I'm using the Jan 11th nightly build.

2) After adjusting the White Balance in the ML menu, is there a way to set it back to Auto without going to the Canon menu?

Thanks..
650D/T4i | EF-S 18-135 IS STM | EF 50 f/1.8 mk1 | 55-250

a1ex

1) enable the GUI events option in Debug menu and see if the camera reacts to the SET button in playback mode. Write down the button codes.

2) no.