Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

mk11174

Quote from: claudelec on January 09, 2014, 11:06:12 AM
For last Nightly build: Sound menu returned... :) :) :).. but module menu disappeared :( :( :(
Maybe a crash before hand u did not catch, or maybe you need to start fresh and get rid of ML folder and put new one on clean. Module menu should be there though for sure.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Unai

Wow, audio features!!! This is awesome, I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all the people making this possible.

claudelec

After verification:  nightly build of 01/08 is ok for modules, and when i replace by 01/09 files, Modules menu disappear .
Wait for your comments, and many thanks for all this work... :)
Body: 70D112 , 650D
Lenses: EFS 15-85 IS USM, Tamron SP 70-300 Di VC USD, Tamron SP 90 Macro Di VC USD, EF 100-400 IS USM MKll and some old...

kazeone

Quote from: claudelec on January 09, 2014, 05:20:11 PM
After verification:  nightly build of 01/08 is ok for modules, and when i replace by 01/09 files, Modules menu disappear .
Wait for your comments, and many thanks for all this work... :)

When I first loaded 01/09 I had modules but then when I powered on and off the camera again it disappeared and hasnt come back...

Walter Schulz

Strange things happening indeed. Played around with module section and it disappeared several times. Could bring it back by overwriting MAGIC.CFG and CURRENT.SET with older versions. Sometimes it worked again after changing the config preset (I have about half a dozen stored).
Thought at first it might be the section can be forced to disappear by deactivating all modules but this was just a coincidence, I believe.

Ciao
Walter

HrRaiko

Quote from: kazeone on January 09, 2014, 07:17:00 PM
When I first loaded 01/09 I had modules but then when I powered on and off the camera again it disappeared and hasnt come back...
Hmm, I dont have any problems with modules section atm
Edit: Ok - now it's gone...
Canon EOS 650D | Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art + CPL Filter | Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED UMC AS | Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II | Kamerar SD-1 Slider/Dolly + Velbon PH-368 | YONGNUO YN-568 TTL | Benro KH25 | Sennheiser ME2 Mic

a1ex

If anyone of you can compile the source code, can you run "hg bisect" to identify the exact change that broke it?

If you can reproduce it on other cameras, I can take a look.

Walter Schulz

If I play around with 2 or 3 config presets menu toggles module tab on/off without any logic. Everytime I thought to have something reproducable ... busted.

a1ex

It happens only on 650D, or also on other cameras?

Nautilus

Audio Features YAY! I'm so happy! Love you guys!
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

Walter Schulz

Quote from: a1ex on January 09, 2014, 09:00:57 PM
It happens only on 650D, or also on other cameras?

Tested it on today's 7D (ML). Created 3 presets and switch back and forth and on/off but menu tab is just there all the time.

a1ex

Can you try without loading any module? Just to make sure the problem is in the core and not caused by some module.

If it's in the core, I would try to undefine CONFIG_BEEP in internals.h. I don't see the connection, but this thing makes some low-level calls; from the recent changes, this one seems the most "aggressive".

Walter Schulz

Tried with two presets and no modules activated. After some fooling around the tab went missing.
EDIT: Not running a developer's environment and therefore not able to compile anything.

mk11174

Quote from: a1ex on January 09, 2014, 09:30:39 PM
Can you try without loading any module? Just to make sure the problem is in the core and not caused by some module.

If it's in the core, I would try to undefine CONFIG_BEEP in internals.h. I don't see the connection, but this thing makes some low-level calls; from the recent changes, this one seems the most "aggressive".
No troubles with same changes on 700D and noone seemed to have any issues with the version I compiled for the 650D, but maybe just not enough testers at that time? But stable on 700D at least.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

davidtlong

hmm,

What I am missing.  I have not updated since October and just did todays.  I see the sound stuff but raw mode etc is gone.  Confused.

dave

Walter Schulz

Are you able to give more details?
Do you have no "Modules" tab or is the module tab present but RAW_REC.MO is missing.
If first: Seems to be a bug. Try to restart several times and there is a chance module tab will be shown.

davidtlong

Quote from: davidtlong on January 09, 2014, 11:19:51 PM
hmm,

What I am missing.  I have not updated since October and just did todays.  I see the sound stuff but raw mode etc is gone.  Confused.

dave

When back to Nov (sorry not Oct) and worked fine.  The module symbol was there and I could load them.  For me there is no module symbol to load the various modules.  The modules are in the ML folder however.  I must have missed something in reading all the posts on this.

davidtlong

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 09, 2014, 11:30:43 PM
Are you able to give more details?
Do you have no "Modules" tab or is the module tab present but RAW_REC.MO is missing.
If first: Seems to be a bug. Try to restart several times and there is a chance module tab will be shown.

Hi Walter,

In addition to my post above I tried what you said about restarting and no icon.

dave

Walter Schulz

"Several times". Don't give up. Restart, restart, restart!

davidtlong

claudelec

Body: 70D112 , 650D
Lenses: EFS 15-85 IS USM, Tamron SP 70-300 Di VC USD, Tamron SP 90 Macro Di VC USD, EF 100-400 IS USM MKll and some old...

davidtlong

Quote from: davidtlong on January 09, 2014, 11:37:58 PM
ok took 10 restarts for me.  Weird

ah but on the next set of restarts was gone again.  I think something is wrong

Walter Schulz