Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucawen

Quote from: Walter Schulz on December 21, 2013, 04:28:09 PM

No, as of today *no* ML related audio function will work. If you're shooting h.264 (= Canon's video implemantion), you have ... see answer above.
Read http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7473.0

Please read F.A.Q. and some 650D-related threads. If you have questions not already addressed you may ask again.

Ciao
Walter

I do not understand what you said, means that we can use the HUD audio or still not ready?
650D + 18-55mm ( KIT ) + 70-300mm Sigma + 70-200 Canon IS II

spider

With or without ML the audio features are exactly the same.
And while recording raw videos there is no audio, but without ML there is no raw video.

So you can say in general ML gives you no new audio features but it also does not remove audio features.

lucawen

Quote from: spider on December 23, 2013, 11:13:00 PM
With or without ML the audio features are exactly the same.
And while recording raw videos there is no audio, but without ML there is no raw video.

So you can say in general ML gives you no new audio features but it also does not remove audio features.

Exactly! I hope that in 2014 this option is available or 650D is the list of supported cameras ..

But the main thing, we already have 80% of ML now available for 650D, and both I and all those who use the alpha we wanted to know a percentage or all that remains to be implemented, some being released by this developer alpha.

Thanks ...
650D + 18-55mm ( KIT ) + 70-300mm Sigma + 70-200 Canon IS II

Nautilus

Quote from: lucawen on December 23, 2013, 11:42:36 PM
Exactly! I hope that in 2014 this option is available or 650D is the list of supported cameras ..

But the main thing, we already have 80% of ML now available for 650D, and both I and all those who use the alpha we wanted to know a percentage or all that remains to be implemented, some being released by this developer alpha.

Thanks ...

Couldn't agree more. Need moar 650D implementations...!
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

ric

Im using Nightly build magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Dec25.650D104

got few questions:

1. How to change clock time?

2. Elapsed time not showing? (No matter which Time Indicator type i choose...its not showing)

3. The camera gets hot pretty fast....is it normal?

anyway...i love the LCD sensor shortcuts...its awesome!

thanks ML team

Toast

Hi,

is there a way to show the overlay (especially focus peak) in play mode? It was possible sometime ago, don't know how to do it now.

blade

Quote from: ric on December 25, 2013, 05:57:51 PM
Im using Nightly build magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Dec25.650D104

got few questions:

1. How to change clock time?

2. Elapsed time not showing? (No matter which Time Indicator type i choose...its not showing)

3. The camera gets hot pretty fast....is it normal?

anyway...i love the LCD sensor shortcuts...its awesome!

thanks ML team

1. just use the normal canon menu

2. is the overlay showing  at all?

3. how hot is hot? it should not get very hot! Does it also get hot without ML

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

maiet

Hi Guys,

ML Newby,

Am might be stupid, but has anyone got the link for the 650d ML firmware? and does anyone know if the sound monitoring issues have been resolved?

Thanks

M

Fuma

EOS 650D | EF 50 1.8 II, EF 40 2.8 STM, Kit Lens, Tamron AF 70-300mm 4-5.6 Di SP VC USD

ric

Quote from: blade on December 30, 2013, 11:16:47 PM
1. just use the normal canon menu

2. is the overlay showing  at all?

3. how hot is hot? it should not get very hot! Does it also get hot without ML

The clock time remains the same after i changed it in canon menu. The time is different from the canon menu though.

The rest is showing while recording. But not the time indicator.

It became 50 degrees after 20 minutes on video mode. The camera became pretty warm, not so warm before using ML. (Image below was taken shortly after i switched on my camera)

Thanks blade.

CKLAslan

Will the latest builds work on an Eye-Fi Pro X2 card ?

kazeone

GerardMT

Hi,

This week I installed the Alpha version in my 650D and I have to say that ML is amazing!

Do you recomend to use the Nightly Builds?

Thanks.

Grizraz

I miss the Trap Focus option, haven't seen it in awhile.  Hoping this works its way back into the nightly builds... unless I'm missing something...

Grizraz

Thanks for the link to the statement regarding trap focus  :)

Ranga

Hi
It seems the pel.hu/eoscard/ site is offline. Does anyone know another way to get the eoscard utility?
Cheers

Ranga

SKiD

I have also problem with temperature over 50°C using ML 2014-01-03 02:55:09
---------
Canon 650D with ML

Nautilus

Quote from: SKiD on January 03, 2014, 07:52:15 PM
I have also problem with temperature over 50°C using ML 2014-01-03 02:55:09

So what? I've seen mine go over 54°C as I was vlogging. Nothing's burnt.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

renfes130

Hi!

Got a problem here ::)

I've just installed the update from 1.0.1 to 1.0.4 with a 16Gb card and everything is working, but until now (with 1.0.1 version) i've been working with a 64Gb without any flaws, but now the camera doesn't recognize ML on it.

I copied de ML folder and boot flagged it as the instructions say, but the camera loads the card as if ML was not on it. (It's a 30mbps SDXC card).

Any ideas???

THX

spider

It seems so that the card isn't bootable. Try Eoscard again.

renfes130

I tried again, EosCard says "Write successful"

Still not working  :o

I only check BOOTDISK, ¿should I check EOS_DEVELOP too?

RenatoPhoto

Make sure EOS Develop box is selected, Bootdisk box is selected and simply click on Save.  If all goes well the card will be made bootable and a "write sucessfull" message will appear on the bottom of EOScard.
http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X