Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffadkins51

Quote from: ejszarny on September 21, 2013, 12:49:16 AM
installed sept. 19 release, and intervalometer and advanced bracketing soes not work.
setting up intervalometer 3s adv br. 3 pic and no one pic taking. intervalometer sounting but no pic taken :(

Does anyone know if this has been resolved yet? I'm scared to update since the advanced bracketing is the main ML feature that I use ^^

I'm also wondering if that release was taken down since it was reported by him to be "broken", he said sept. 19 release but the newest I see is from the 18th..

benlen

Hey folks, I've been playing around with Magic Lantern on my 650D, and I have a few questions (not simply about this build, but Magic Lantern functionality)

I apologize in advance for the generality of these questions (they may not be specific enough for this topic) and if there is a better forum to ask these in, please refer me!

1) Status of Pink Dot Remover/Raw Therapee: I already posted this in the Pink Dot Removal thread, but I figured I'd post it here as well. Raw Therapee runs extremely slow/laggy on my new Mac and crahses frequently. It also doesn't seem to remove pink dots!

Is anyone else here using a Mac? I'm hoping for a solution. I am following GNA's tutorial on processing RAW video, and it seems on his PC he's able to process the .RAW file in the Pink Dot Removal Tool BEFORE using raw2dng.

On Mac, Raw Therapee doesn't seem to be able to open .RAW, so I first used raw2dng, opened up the DNG's in Raw Therapee, and attempted to use the Hot/Dead Pixel Fixer, but this seemed to do nothing.

2) A simple question, but...I know that the Magic Lantern menu can be accessed by pushing the "trash" icon, but how does one simply jump from the menu to Live Video View? Often, if I press the shutter button, it opens up the Canon live view (instead of the Magic Lantern Live View). What button exits the Magic Lantern menu/settings?

Thanks in advance for the answers, folks!

kazeone

Quote from: jeffadkins51 on September 25, 2013, 05:18:39 AM
Does anyone know if this has been resolved yet? I'm scared to update since the advanced bracketing is the main ML feature that I use ^^

I'm also wondering if that release was taken down since it was reported by him to be "broken", he said sept. 19 release but the newest I see is from the 18th..

I know I am having some issues when I manually select how many photos to take, if I leave it on Auto for the number of pics to be taken it works great but when I pick say 5 instead of bracketing it just burst out 5 photos.

C_you

Quote from: benlen on September 25, 2013, 05:56:44 AM
Hey folks, I've been playing around with Magic Lantern on my 650D, and I have a few questions (not simply about this build, but Magic Lantern functionality)

I apologize in advance for the generality of these questions (they may not be specific enough for this topic) and if there is a better forum to ask these in, please refer me!

1) Status of Pink Dot Remover/Raw Therapee: I already posted this in the Pink Dot Removal thread, but I figured I'd post it here as well. Raw Therapee runs extremely slow/laggy on my new Mac and crahses frequently. It also doesn't seem to remove pink dots!

Is anyone else here using a Mac? I'm hoping for a solution. I am following GNA's tutorial on processing RAW video, and it seems on his PC he's able to process the .RAW file in the Pink Dot Removal Tool BEFORE using raw2dng.

On Mac, Raw Therapee doesn't seem to be able to open .RAW, so I first used raw2dng, opened up the DNG's in Raw Therapee, and attempted to use the Hot/Dead Pixel Fixer, but this seemed to do nothing.

2) A simple question, but...I know that the Magic Lantern menu can be accessed by pushing the "trash" icon, but how does one simply jump from the menu to Live Video View? Often, if I press the shutter button, it opens up the Canon live view (instead of the Magic Lantern Live View). What button exits the Magic Lantern menu/settings?

Thanks in advance for the answers, folks!

Hello #benlen just take a look at  http://www.gna-productions.com/tutos/how-to-process-magic-lantern-raw-videos
#dsagilles wrote a tutorial about processing RAW files with After Effects and Camera RAW. If you have the new ML vesion on your Cam its only available us process RAW whit 1280 x 720 resolution. To process the RAW image whit resolution of 1472*626 and the DotRemover whitout problem you´ll need to install an older ML version...

Greetings from Switzerland... sorry about my English.  :-X

benlen

C_you that's precisely the guide I've been following, haha.

Are you saying that GNA is running an older version of Magic Lantern, and that if you use any resolution less than or greater than 720p, you can't use Raw Therapee?

Rewind

Quote from: C_you on September 25, 2013, 01:50:13 PM
If you have the new ML vesion on your Cam its only available us process RAW whit 1280 x 720 resolution. To process the RAW image whit resolution of 1472*626 and the DotRemover whitout problem you´ll need to install an older ML version...

What are you talking about?
I'm using latest nightly builds and i'm succesfully recording at 1536x640 and whatever other resoultions, and PDR works nice.

benlen

Rewind, what aspect ratio are you shooting at to get 1536x640?

And it seems like there's a difference between the Pink Dot Remover and Raw Therapee?

Rewind

Quote from: benlen on September 25, 2013, 07:05:28 PM
Rewind, what aspect ratio are you shooting at to get 1536x640?

And it seems like there's a difference between the Pink Dot Remover and Raw Therapee?

1536x640 is obviously exactly 2.4:1 )

PDR and RAW Therapee are absolutely different things. Please, read this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0

delorossa

a question when has the end the pink dots problem.To remove the pink dots take my time.....or is there a good Tutorial for remove pink dots.....Regards

simolo

Hey guys !
i have a question ! when i want to start the raw video module it says that i have an to old ver. i should install ver.4 instead of ver.2
any help ? where do I find the download link ??
anyways thank you ! :)

mymate

Quote from: simolo on September 25, 2013, 08:42:03 PM
Hey guys !
i have a question ! when i want to start the raw video module it says that i have an to old ver. i should install ver.4 instead of ver.2
any help ? where do I find the download link ??
anyways thank you ! :)

Use nightlies - http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

dngrhm

Quote from: benlen on September 25, 2013, 05:56:44 AM

For Mac I would suggest RAW Magic after using the PDR tool.  I think you need the latest PDR to run it on the RAW file.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rawmagic/id658860973?mt=12
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

benlen

Hi dngrhm, I have (I believe) the latest version of Raw Therapee––is there a difference between Raw Therapee and Pink Dot Removal Tool? Is there a separate java app maybe for Pink Dot Removal tool that can run on Mac?

dngrhm

Quote from: benlen on September 25, 2013, 09:25:17 PM
Hi dngrhm, I have (I believe) the latest version of Raw Therapee––is there a difference between Raw Therapee and Pink Dot Removal Tool? Is there a separate java app maybe for Pink Dot Removal tool that can run on Mac?
I havent' used RawTherapee, but my understanding is that it uses PDR.  You should be able to download the PDR (there is a link in the tutorial though the link is flawed and lacks a : between http and //) and extract to a directory on your computer. Double click the Jar file to run it.

or run the following from the command line in the directory that you just put it in.
java -jar "PinkDotRemover.jar"
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

delorossa

Who can explain me how i can remove the pink dots thx

kazeone

Quote from: delorossa on September 25, 2013, 11:43:46 PM
Who can explain me how i can remove the pink dots thx

1. make sure you have java installed
2. download pinkdotremover
3. launch pinkdotremover
3. and open your raw video file
4. press convert
5. you may see nothing happen thats normal just wait patiently until a pop up window comes up saying its done
6. do whatever editing you want to images

for more detail check out

about raw video: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5654.0

and

about pink dot remover: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0

kazeone

I was wondering would it be possible to change the advanced bracketing feature so that when its used its put into its own folder maybe something like HDR001, HDR002 and so on each time you do a sequence, man that would make things easier when you go to off load the memory card and you dont have to go through all the photos to figure out when one sequence ends and another starts. ^^;;

C_you

Quote from: Rewind on September 25, 2013, 04:12:53 PM
What are you talking about?
I'm using latest nightly builds and i'm succesfully recording at 1536x640 and whatever other resoultions, and PDR works nice.

I talked about the problem that I've had and appears when I want to remove the Pink Dots with a resoluion of 1476x626 (ratio 1:2.35) at 23.976 so like dsagilles also do​​. With a resolution like you used and the new NB of ML this dons't happen.

That mean "Sir", do you  treated with other resolutions besides 1:2,49 ? I dont think so...

@benlen: if a few less pixel are not a problem for you, try the tutorial #dsagilles with a resolution like #rewind talk about. Have Fun  8) I use Windows and OSX.. ;D

Rewind

Quote from: C_you on September 26, 2013, 12:14:58 PM
I talked about the problem that I've had and appears when I want to remove the Pink Dots with a resoluion of 1476x626 (ratio 1:2.35) at 23.976 so like dsagilles also do​​. With a resolution like you used and the new NB of ML this dons't happen.

PDR works fine with any resolution and aspect ratio with one limitation:
The height and the width must be a multiples of x16.

So i'm using 1600x672 (2,38:1), 1584x688 (2,3:1), 1568x656 (2.39:1) and others.

C_you

delorossa

delorossa

I have one question ,when the cam is bootable with a no name sd card 16gb as example,can i use my Monster 128 SDXC Card after that??? I must only copy the Files what was in the first 16gb card ,right???

dsagilles

Quote from: benlen on September 25, 2013, 03:58:49 PM
Are you saying that GNA is running an older version of Magic Lantern (...)

That's right, I'm using an old version of Magic Lantern (v 08.08.2013) because I experience problem removing pink dots with the recent ML builds at 1476x626 (PDR seems to have no effect at all).

Be sure you're using PDR v0.8 to process directly .RAW files. If it's the case, you still can extract all frames with RAW Magic and process frames with PDR, but you'll need the double of disk space to process all your videos. I've a mac too but I haven't tried processing RAW since the last version of PDR on OSX.

Quote from: Rewind on September 26, 2013, 12:29:48 PM
PDR works fine with any resolution and aspect ratio with one limitation:
The height and the width must be a multiples of x16.

So i'm using 1600x672 (2,38:1), 1584x688 (2,3:1), 1568x656 (2.39:1) and others.

Thanks for the information, I'll give a try with one of those aspect ratio.

I'll do more RAW test with the latest ML version and try to find a quicker workflow using Davinci Resolve (OSx).
Maybe I'll do a complete video tutorial for RAW processing on Windows and OSX. (in French with English subtitles).

I'll keep you posted !
Canon 650d |  Sigma 18-200 II DC OS HSM | Auto-Chinon 50mm f/1.9 | Minolta 35-70mm
DSLR Videos, photos and tutorials on http://www.gna-productions.com

spider

Quote from: delorossa on September 26, 2013, 02:53:38 PM
I must only copy the Files what was in the first 16gb card ,right???
And make it bootable with EosCard

delorossa

Quote from: spider on September 26, 2013, 05:47:22 PM
And make it bootable with EosCard

U mean bevor i put the 128GB card i must use EosCard and set the two options...?