Set camera to mode M and 15s shutter speed
Select Advanced Bracket; EV Increment 2EV

Start Advanced Bracket
First picture is taken normal, second with longer exposure gives a loop of:
1.Exposure starts and bulb timer appeares for 2 seconds
2.Exposure stops, timer disappears, led blinks

a1ex

spider

Yes it works, and I think I made a mistake.
Because the timer disappeared and the LED blinked short and fast, I thought the camera froze.
So I unconsciously pressed the shutter and stopped the exposure.
Sorry.

mymate

Hey,

Just installed ML last night and so far I've been loving all the new features so thanks to the team for a great addon! I'll greatly welcome the audio functionality when its done :)

Couple of things I wanted to know. What is the native ISO level of the sensor because I'm now seeing 160 intervals so I'm assuming I should be using those?

How stable is RAW for 650d? I had a quick play about and it looks great. I believe 720p/30 is the best we can expect?

One more thing... do most people here set the bit rate to 1.4x max to squeeze out as much quality as possible? Im using a  SanDisk 32GB Extreme SD Card (SDHC) 45MB/s - Class 10

Sorry if these are noobish questions.

Thanks

logan15

Hi Guys,

Sorry for this, but where can i find the 650D.104.installer.fir file?
i've looked up the alpha builds link which led me to this fourm.
i've downloaded the nightly builds which only holds the ML library and autoexec.bin file
feel a little ashemed to post such a question here  :-[

mymate

Quote from: logan15 on September 20, 2013, 03:53:15 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for this, but where can i find the 650D.104.installer.fir file?
i've looked up the alpha builds link which led me to this fourm.
i've downloaded the nightly builds which only holds the ML library and autoexec.bin file
feel a little ashemed to post such a question here  :-[

It's in the first post of this thread in a zip file

logan15

Quote from: mymate on September 20, 2013, 04:04:11 PM

Thanks!!!!
I thought it was just the first nightly build from the 3rd of aug  ::)

jjlink

Quote from: mymate on September 20, 2013, 04:04:11 PM
I extracted the contents of that zip file from the first post of this thread to the root of my SD card; then the camera tried to do the update using but said it could not find the update. I had to take the battery out. So was I supposed to add some other files before trying the update?
Thanks

mymate

Quote from: jjlink on September 20, 2013, 06:02:59 PM
I extracted the contents of that zip file from the first post of this thread to the root of my SD card; then the camera tried to do the update using but said it could not find the update. I had to take the battery out. So was I supposed to add some other files before trying the update?
Thanks

Format your card with fat32 then extract this zip file into the root of your memory card.

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Aug03.650D104.zip

Then format card again and download latest nightly into root of your card.

jjlink

Quote from: jjlink on September 20, 2013, 06:02:59 PM
Thanks

OK, I got it working, Thanks. :D

newsense

Quote from: newsense on September 19, 2013, 07:02:20 PM
Anyone know what to set the threshold to so zebras and histogram clip warning work with digital iso? I can't seem to figure it out, i'm using digital iso set to -0.3 so I can get iso 160 etc.. Thanks.

Anybody?

delorossa

ejszarny

installed sept. 19 release, and intervalometer and advanced bracketing soes not work.
setting up intervalometer 3s adv br. 3 pic and no one pic taking. intervalometer sounting but no pic taken :(

Rewind

Guys, what write speeds are you able to get with yours 650d? I mean when recoeding raw video.
I've noticed, that fast sd cards benchmarks are about 41 MB/s (SD controller limit), but the actual speed is never goes higher than 37,4 — 37,5 MB/s. Why is that?
For example those friends with 6D states that their speeds are about 40 — 40,1 MB/s.

learningforever

Quote from: delorossa on September 21, 2013, 12:37:58 AM
And where r the nightlys?

On the home page there's a "Download" link which takes you there.

Jokemeister

Thanks for all the hard work.

Observations with nightly build version magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Sep21.650D104

• Intervalometer - when set to less than 3 seconds interval, some inconsistency with timing occurs and gets worse as interval set to 2 or 1 seconds.  Am using a Sandisk 32GB Extreme Pro 95MB/s card so don't believe it has anything to do with write speed of the card. Shutter set much faster than interval. RAW format. No lens corrections, no noise reduction.
  • Image review - with earlier build ML_N_06.09.2013 and histogram enabled, first push of play button would show image and subsequent push would show Zebras. With this build the more standard function of the play button appears to have been restored so second push turns off image review. How then is it possible to see Zebras in image review as this was very handy feature. I don't find using info button to bring up histogram with blinkies very effective as image size so small. Was far better in full screen mode.

kazeone

question, is it possible to shift ISO levels while the shutter remains open? like for example say at night I wanted to use a flash and an ISO of 400 but then after the flash goes drop the iso back to 100 to only capture the light from the fire... is something like that possible?

benlen

Well folks, after having some frustrating results with more H.264 video out of my 650D, I finally went and installed Magic Lantern (finally, haha!).

It's a little daunting, and I'm sure I'll have many questions tomorrow, but before I flood this one, is there another thread for getting started with ML with the 650D that I could post questions to, or is this THE thread, haha?

kazeone

when the change log is empty does that imply nothing has changed in the build yet?

nanomad

Correct, no changes since the last build
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

kazeone

Quote from: nanomad on September 23, 2013, 11:01:47 AM
Correct, no changes since the last build

cool thats what I figured, thanks :)

Also LOVE LOVE LOVE the new ML font, so much easier to read and see :)

another question, when it comes to the nightly, is only modules that have tested and known to work being included with the builds? I just ask because I see talks of other modules in different parts of the forum that I dont see in these builds, so I was just curious.

kovacm

so is there any chance to implement sRAW (mRAW) feature of more expensive cameras into 650D ?

kazeone

Quote from: kovacm on September 24, 2013, 10:32:51 AM
so is there any chance to implement sRAW (mRAW) feature of more expensive cameras into 650D ?

I think there was some mention of issues with this but not 100% sure on this... Oh I think it was because you can take silent pictures which is like half the resolution of a normal raw but in dng form that there wasnt a point to add a mRaw and sRaw....