Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kostasra

Canon 650d with 18-135mm is STM and 50mm f/1.8 II
Flickr account

vrundel

Guys, I've only registered right now because I wanted to thank someone for this amazing work!

I had a version from last week or so and the zoom function in review mode didn't work (Entry "Hold->Play" in ML menu). I then updated to the version of today... and it works!! This feature alone is so amazing... zooming after taking a shot with only one click of a button.

Thanks!! :-*

big phill

I did all the steps and it looked fine. It stated that Magic lantern was loaded. I cut off the camera, turned it back on and my "menu" looks exactly the same. What did I do wrong.  Using t4i with battery grip.

vrundel

kazeone

Quote from: kostasra on September 18, 2013, 05:58:20 PM
Check this!!!

650d doesn't exist from Canon site....

http://www.canon-europe.com/Search/index.aspx

http://www.canon-europe.com/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_SLR/beginners/index.aspx

same for USA site but thats on their product page since the T5i is the T4i with minor cosmetic changes, they want to push the T5i sales so they dropped the T4i, but just like on both USA and Europe you can still put in the search box T4i or 650D and you will find the product page for it.

mkdevo

Hey all,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I finally installed ML on my T4i last night, and everything seemed to go well. But is it normal for the Exposure Level Indicator on the LCD to obstruct the bottom of the ML screen? Any way to get rid of this?

See here:

Thanks!

davidtlong

Yup a problem and there is good info under there.  However, I believe this is on of the issues mentioned on the first post that is difficult to address.  I may be wrong but I think this is right.

kazeone

Quote from: mkdevo on September 18, 2013, 09:34:32 PM
Hey all,

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I finally installed ML on my T4i last night, and everything seemed to go well. But is it normal for the Exposure Level Indicator on the LCD to obstruct the bottom of the ML screen? Any way to get rid of this?

See here:

Thanks!

Quote from: davidtlong on September 18, 2013, 09:41:55 PM
Yup a problem and there is good info under there.  However, I believe this is on of the issues mentioned on the first post that is difficult to address.  I may be wrong but I think this is right.

go to your live view screen and press info until no overlays appear and its just the video feed, now go back into your ML menu and the issue is gone.

mkdevo

Quote from: kazeone on September 18, 2013, 10:14:04 PM
go to your live view screen and press info until no overlays appear and its just the video feed, now go back into your ML menu and the issue is gone.

Excellent! Thank you!

Something else that I didn't see until running some tests just now - Do I need to put the ML files onto ALL of my SD cards? It would seem so, but I was under the impression that once the initial installation was done, ML was on your camera. But I just swapped SD cards and see that I can't access ML anymore.

Just want to confirm.

dngrhm

Once you set the bootflag on your camera, that is always set, but your camera loads ML from the SD card every time it boots.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

newsense

Are zebras supposed to work with ML negative iso? With the latest build zebras don't work with negative iso.

Tongotongo

Quote from: newsense on September 19, 2013, 02:45:29 AM
Are zebras supposed to work with ML negative iso? With the latest build zebras don't work with negative iso.

Hi, tenes razón esta invertido . Ni idea si eso debería ser asi. Saludos

Hi, you're right is invested. No idea if that should be so. regards
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

kazeone

Quote from: newsense on September 19, 2013, 02:45:29 AM
Negative iso? do you have access to a black hole? last I checked there is no such thing as negative iso but if now there is by all means do tell :)

Tongotongo

Quote from: kazeone on September 19, 2013, 03:41:11 AM
Negative iso? do you have access to a black hole? last I checked there is no such thing as negative iso but if now there is by all means do tell :)

Creo se refiere a que dual ISO esta 800/400 antes era 400/800 . Creo que se refiere a eso.

I refer to this dual ISO 800/400 before was 400/800. I think he means that.
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

kazeone

Possible bug: when using a custom ISO or rather one not already defined by Canon say for example ISO 160, when viewing through the canon firmware it shows the ISO 160 mis-aligned from where it is normally listed, Im on build 2013-09-18 17:54:47 -0700.

spider

Yes the overlay is a little bit off.
But it is just a cosmetic problem.

newsense

using ML digital iso with a negative value the histogram does not properly show clipped channels and zebras do not work.

a1ex

They do, but it's your job to do the math and change the thresholds.

newsense

Quote from: a1ex on September 19, 2013, 04:20:52 PM
They do, but it's your job to do the math and change the thresholds.

Thank you, my mistake. I'll check the manual and see if I can set the thresholds.

dsagilles

Quote from: h18r on September 16, 2013, 02:59:52 PM
Hi! Can you provide us your workflow/camera settings you used for those timelapses? That would be great! Thanks

I shot mainly in RAW or RAW HDR with my 32GIG memory card.
For night I've used 10sec exposure ISO 100 and my 50mm prime lens at f/1.9 for the shot with the city, and same parameters but with ISO 400 for the one with the tree and stars. 10sec exposure is the limit, after that the star's motion is too much visible. I set something like 12sec of intervals between pictures.
The day time-lapses was shot between 1 and 5sec intervals. For HDR, when the dynamic is high I used the Magic Lantern bracketing, which can be much higher (+5 - 5eV) than the Canon one (-2 +2eV), but ML Bracketing speed is also slower than the Canon one, which might be a problem with "fast" motions.

I used After Effect to output 1080p 8bit lossless video of each time-lapses, color-graded direct at import with Adobe Camera Raw for most of them.
For HDR, sometimes I used 3 AFx layers with each of the bracketing I compose by using a luma-key, sometimes I used ginger HDR merger to create a full range exr file. But i'm not good at HDR compositing for the moment.

After that, I just have to edit the final video using Premiere !
Canon 650d |  Sigma 18-200 II DC OS HSM | Auto-Chinon 50mm f/1.9 | Minolta 35-70mm
DSLR Videos, photos and tutorials on http://www.gna-productions.com

alexrow

Hello,

first of all I would like to thank you all for your wonderful work. I used ML on my old 550D and now I've installed it on my new 650D. Today I shot a timelapse with fps override (2 FPS, High Jello) and I found an issue: the video is full of vertical parallel lines. Any clues?

Thanks!

newsense

Anyone know what to set the threshold to so zebras and histogram clip warning work with digital iso? I can't seem to figure it out, i'm using digital iso set to -0.3 so I can get iso 160 etc.. Thanks.

spider

Quote from: alexrow on September 19, 2013, 06:45:54 PM
Today I shot a timelapse with fps override (2 FPS, High Jello) and I found an issue: the video is full of vertical parallel lines. Any clues?
It is a known DIGIC5 Problem.

alexrow

Quote from: spider on September 19, 2013, 07:08:34 PM
It is a known DIGIC5 Problem.

Thanks for you reply. So is there a workaround?