Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Stevenbaril

QuoteHe said the very opposite. It has been removed from his build.
Unzip the file and go to the modules directory. There you will not see this module.
Therefore he requested to delete ML folder on the card and then copy the folder to the card. Copying without prior deleting the folder will keep the old (and invalid) Dual ISO module file.

Thanks Walter, I misunderstood what he had said. I am REALLY looking forward to Dual ISO!

landwomble

Hi All,
I'm on the previous alpha that predates 1.0.4.  What's the upgrade path, same as a clean install, or do I need to remove the previous version of ML?
Probably being overcautious but would appreciate some tips!

kazeone

Quote from: landwomble on August 20, 2013, 10:36:47 PM
Hi All,
I'm on the previous alpha that predates 1.0.4.  What's the upgrade path, same as a clean install, or do I need to remove the previous version of ML?
Probably being overcautious but would appreciate some tips!

Did you even bother to read the first post of this thread? I ask only because all the steps even updating your firmware to 1.0.4 is right there in the very first post of this thread.

landwomble

Nice edit with the "bother" bit.

Yes.  The first post says upgrade to 1.0.4 and then run the installer instructions.  Not clear to me if already being on ML on previous firmware is likely to cause a problem.  Hence me asking.  If what you're saying is that regardless of current state I should just follow those instructions, then that's great. 
I was looking for confirmation.
If that is the case, it would surely have been quicker and more helpful of you to post something along the lines of "just follow the instructions, they apply to upgrades as well as new installs".

dngrhm

just follow the instructions, they apply to upgrades as well as new installs
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

landwomble

kazeone

Quote from: landwomble on August 20, 2013, 10:44:17 PM
Nice edit with the "bother" bit.

Yes.  The first post says upgrade to 1.0.4 and then run the installer instructions.  Not clear to me if already being on ML on previous firmware is likely to cause a problem.  Hence me asking.  If what you're saying is that regardless of current state I should just follow those instructions, then that's great. 
I was looking for confirmation.
If that is the case, it would surely have been quicker and more helpful of you to post something along the lines of "just follow the instructions, they apply to upgrades as well as new installs".

Lol looking for confirmation? we are over 10 pages into this thread, if that didnt work it would have been edited by now. ~_~

davidtlong

davidtlong

Hi all,

Well installed ML, using a 64 gig card.  All ok but when I start the raw video I get "early stop, a number (it changes), then this is a bug, report it."

Any help would be appreciated.

dave

update.  maybe it is my card 64 gig 10 30mb/s  I think it needs to be faster right?

spider

Which resolution and frame rate do you use?
Try a lower resolution.

But if the card is to slow it will just stop recording.

davidtlong

Quote from: spider on August 20, 2013, 11:39:04 PM
Which resolution and frame rate do you use?
Try a lower resolution.

But if the card is to slow it will just stop recording.

I am still messing but 24 and 1080/760

What card do you use.  would this work: SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-064G-AFFP

dave

Tongotongo

Quote from: davidtlong on August 20, 2013, 11:21:38 PM
Hi all,

Well installed ML, using a 64 gig card.  All ok but when I start the raw video I get "early stop, a number (it changes), then this is a bug, report it."

Any help would be appreciated.

dave

update.  maybe it is my card 64 gig 10 30mb/s  I think it needs to be faster right?

Hola, depende de la resolución que desees usar fíjate que cambia de color debajo a la izquierda en verde seria lo que tu tarjeta mejor maneja en amarillo indica que graba poco se corta etc. Saludos.

Hi, depends on the resolution you want to use color-changing look under green left on your card would be the best handles in yellow indicates that records etc little short. Greetings.
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

Tongotongo

Quote from: davidtlong on August 20, 2013, 11:41:45 PM
I am still messing but 24 and 1080/760

What card do you use.  would this work: SanDisk Extreme Pro 64 GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-064G-AFFP

dave

En esas resoluciones no graba ni loco . Baja bastante y veras.

These resolutions do not record or crazy. Low enough and see.

davidtlong

Quote from: Tongotongo on August 20, 2013, 11:44:29 PM

Hola, depende de la resolución que desees usar fíjate que cambia de color debajo a la izquierda en verde seria lo que tu tarjeta mejor maneja en amarillo indica que graba poco se corta etc. Saludos.

Hi, depends on the resolution you want to use color-changing look under green left on your card would be the best handles in yellow indicates that records etc little short. Greetings.

I apologize but I do not quite understand the color idea.  I know some people get annoyed with new guys asking what might be silly questions that have been answered elsewhere.  If so I would be glad to read or is this in the "manual?"

Anyway also thoughts on types of cards would help.

Thanks for your help.
dave

davidtlong

Quote from: Tongotongo on August 20, 2013, 11:46:11 PM
En esas resoluciones no graba ni loco . Baja bastante y veras.

These resolutions do not record or crazy. Low enough and see.

I have read the 24 and 1080/760 is the preferred I thought.

d

Labyrinth

Wow, Nanomad is the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks also to satriani for the builds!

Quote from: Ftlz on August 19, 2013, 05:44:46 PMYes it's very useful when you didn't bring a remote for HDR/Astrophotography. Consider it with Intervalometer function. It would be great!
It's definitely great for HDR and astro work but I think it's still extremely useful even if you do have a remote. I can never be bothered to take my cable release out of my bag and I find it gets in the way especially when I'm adjusting my tripod or swapping filters between shots.

Tongotongo

Quote from: davidtlong on August 20, 2013, 11:52:29 PM
I have read the 24 and 1080/760 is the preferred I thought.

d

En mi caso lo mejor que logre a 24fps 1600x900 graba bien continuo y 1728x736 graba mejor pero poco tiempo. Proba a ver si logras algo mejor. Saludos

PD: no uso mas el traductor ..escribe cualquier cosa jajaja.

davidtlong

Quote from: Tongotongo on August 21, 2013, 12:02:16 AM
En mi caso lo mejor que logre a 24fps 1600x900 graba bien continuo y 1728x736 graba mejor pero poco tiempo. Proba a ver si logras algo mejor. Saludos

PD: no uso mas el traductor ..escribe cualquier cosa jajaja.
Thanks and no problem.  What card do you use.?

spider

Quote from: davidtlong on August 20, 2013, 11:41:45 PM

Sandisk extreme 45mb/s

Tongotongo

Quote from: davidtlong on August 21, 2013, 12:28:54 AM
Thanks and no problem.  What card do you use.?

Una de 8G 90mbs y otra de 16G 40mbs , al parecer esta limitado por la cámara la velocidad de escritura a 45mbs asi que por mas tarjeta que le pongas con mas velocidad, de eso no pasa. Igual graba muy lindo y los colores me parecen fantásticos teniendo en cuenta que no es una cámara buenísima para grabar en raw ..todo lo maneja la plata.

davidtlong

Quote from: Tongotongo on August 21, 2013, 01:04:36 AM
Una de 8G 90mbs y otra de 16G 40mbs , al parecer esta limitado por la cámara la velocidad de escritura a 45mbs asi que por mas tarjeta que le pongas con mas velocidad, de eso no pasa. Igual graba muy lindo y los colores me parecen fantásticos teniendo en cuenta que no es una cámara buenísima para grabar en raw ..todo lo maneja la plata.

hmm this is a bummer

Stevenbaril

QuoteI apologize but I do not quite understand the color idea.  I know some people get annoyed with new guys asking what might be silly questions that have been answered elsewhere.  If so I would be glad to read or is this in the "manual?"

He's referring to the text at the bottom of the screen.

davidtlong

Quote from: Stevenbaril on August 21, 2013, 02:03:35 AM

He's referring to the text at the bottom of the screen.
Ok thanks will look

Tongotongo

Quote from: davidtlong on August 21, 2013, 02:04:54 AM
Ok thanks will look

Te molesto , me podes decir si con la ultima versión ML_N_20.08.2013 se te fueron los puntos rosa?. En mi caso solo una anduvo bien y fue una mescla de ellas. Solo para saber si no estoy loco. En cuanto al lo amarrilo o verde es tal cual te dijo Stevenbaril. Saludos.