Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheUnkn0wn

No, my pull request is pending. If you really can't wait then try THIS.

Please respond with your results!

spider

The request just got approved.

Now we need a new build. ;D

satriani

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 17, 2013, 10:14:15 PM
Doesn't look like. Change log does not include this commit.
Right Walter :)
Playing with dual_iso seems to be exactly like a 700D :D

EDIT: Not, my bad. Needs to be ported  ::)
QuoteISOless LV err(2)

@TheUnkn0wn: Sadly your link is broken, also your build :(
I compiled the new build with fixed red dots and actually they're gone but now came the green dots and occupied the entire screen  ;D
Here the new build who want test it.
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

demetrisag

well works fantastic for me here!!

wait do you actually mean there are green dots? cause I see non on my test

spider

TheUnkn0wn

Green dots!? Can you provide a picture? Has anyone else had this problem yet?

Try RAW_TYPE 78

demetrisag

Quote from: TheUnkn0wn on August 17, 2013, 11:25:09 PM
Green dots!? Can you provide a picture? Has anyone else had this problem yet?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6p287wanfk6ehob/650D.104-TEST.zip

I have not seen any green dots here. tested with iso 100

If its any help, I tested both 99 and 78 builds and both show no pink or green dots for that matter

TheUnkn0wn

newsense

Zebras seem to be working for me now after running the firmware update again from a ML card but ML still says it cannot find the help files.

Tongotongo

Hola , modo raw a 1472x616 24FPS iso 800 no se ven puntos asi que ... FANTASTICO . Muchas gracias .

Hello, raw mode to 1472x616 24FPS iso 800 points are not so ... FANTASTIC. Thank you very much.
Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

dimx

Почему при фотографировании с экрана, не отображаются области фокусировки (зелёные квадратики)? Как вернуть?
google:
Why did the photography from the screen, the focus area is not displayed (green squares)? How to return?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: dimx on August 18, 2013, 12:55:43 PMWhy did the photography from the screen, the focus area is not displayed (green squares)? How to return?

Overlay -> Global Draw -> Q -> ON, all modes
Overlay -> Focus Peak -> Set (if Off)
Overlay -> Focus Peak -> Q -> Color -> Green

Ciao
Walter

dimx

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 18, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
Overlay -> Global Draw -> Q -> ON, all modes
Overlay -> Focus Peak -> Set (if Off)
Overlay -> Focus Peak -> Q -> Color -> Green

Ciao
Walter
Спасибо.
Но... я говорю не про точки, а про квадраты
google:
Thank you.
But ... I'm not talking about points, but about squares

minlite13

I confirm that the pink dots are gone!! :) (Special thanks to theunkn0wn). And as far as I've tested, there are no green dots in my 650D and raw.

However, I still experience issues compiling the ML. As far as I've searches, all the compile guides out there are out-dated and unusable.

I tried to build on all GCC versions (from 4.6.2 to 4.8.1) with both the none-eabi and elf targets, but none of them could build the ML successfully.

Can please someone who can build now (like satriani or theunkn0wn), provide us with their gcc binaries?

Thanks ;)
Canon 650D 1.0.4 / EF-S 18-55 IS II + EF 50 f/1.8

nanomad

Post the build logs. Ubuntu's toolchain is good. That's what I use every single day. You need to create a Makefile.user with the correct paths and GCC versions though.
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

minlite13

Quote from: nanomad on August 18, 2013, 04:41:11 PM
Post the build logs. Ubuntu's toolchain is good. That's what I use every single day. You need to create a Makefile.user with the correct paths and GCC versions though.

With none-eabi (which is supported in newer versions of gcc) I get this error:
stubs.o has EABI version 5, but target magiclantern has EABI version 0
But with elf (which is obsolete since 4.7.3), gcc complains about VFP.

What do you mean by ubuntu toolchain?

EDIT:
And now with linaro's gcc 4.7.4, I get :

[ LD       ]   magiclantern
/home/minlite/toolchain/arm-elf/lib/gcc/arm-elf/4.7.4/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lm
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [magiclantern] Error 1

guillegar

Can someone tell me what the settings for Macboot are?
I installed ML following the instructions and I can see the ML menu but when trying to shot, the default Canon options appear instead.

Even when in the ML Menu I can see the exposure meter overlapping the ML menu options.

Somebody else has the same issue?

Thanks
Guille

minlite13

Quote from: guillegar on August 18, 2013, 07:28:13 PM
Can someone tell me what the settings for Macboot are?
I installed ML following the instructions and I can see the ML menu but when trying to shot, the default Canon options appear instead.

Even when in the ML Menu I can see the exposure meter overlapping the ML menu options.

Somebody else has the same issue?

Thanks
Guille

If you see the ML menus, then you have enabled the bootflag right and you have ML running :) As far as I know, you don't have to do anything with Macboot with newer versions of ML. If you just update with the .fir inside your SD card, then it will automatically enable the bootflag.

For the exposure meter, you are in the LiveView probably. It's a bug in the ML. You should hit the info button until the canon menus go and you only see ML stuff. any if you press Trash in that mode, the exposure meter won't overlap the ML menu. :)

minlite13

Quote from: minlite13 on August 18, 2013, 05:13:29 PM
With none-eabi (which is supported in newer versions of gcc) I get this error:
stubs.o has EABI version 5, but target magiclantern has EABI version 0
But with elf (which is obsolete since 4.7.3), gcc complains about VFP.

What do you mean by ubuntu toolchain?

EDIT:
And now with linaro's gcc 4.7.4, I get :

[ LD       ]   magiclantern
/home/minlite/toolchain/arm-elf/lib/gcc/arm-elf/4.7.4/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld: cannot find -lm
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [magiclantern] Error 1

Finally I fixed the error.
I deleted the magic-lantern code and cloned it again to my system. And used the same gcc as in Makefile.user.default file. Suddenly it started building just fine.

I guess maybe some of the last commits have solved my problem. It is still strange to me. The thing I spotted is that, when I couldn't build, the GCC_VERSION constant in the Makefile.user.default file was being set to plain 4.7.3, and I was setting it to any version I used.
But the new file uses a small dash(-) in the beginning. (It is defined as -4.7.3). That's why I'm sure it was the Makefile.user.default causing the problem.

Anyway it is solved now, and I have the autoexec.bin being built :)

guillegar

Quote from: minlite13 on August 18, 2013, 07:39:04 PM
If you see the ML menus, then you have enabled the bootflag right and you have ML running :) As far as I know, you don't have to do anything with Macboot with newer versions of ML. If you just update with the .fir inside your SD card, then it will automatically enable the bootflag.

For the exposure meter, you are in the LiveView probably. It's a bug in the ML. You should hit the info button until the canon menus go and you only see ML stuff. any if you press Trash in that mode, the exposure meter won't overlap the ML menu. :)

Thanks a lot!!!

:)

Tongotongo

Hola , raw 1600x524 ( cosa que no podía sin los puntos rosa porque PinkDotRemover no los eliminaba ) ahora con la versión ML_N_17.08.2013 no salen mas los puntos de ningún tipo .  Excelente trabajo ML.

Hello, raw 1600x524 (which I could not because PinkDotRemover pink spots not eliminated) ML_N_17.08.2013 version now do not go over any points. Excellent work ML.

Canon 650d Tamron 17-50 mm 2.8 canon 50 mm fijo 1.8 magic lantern

Ftlz

satriani

Not yet. If you saw dual_iso module in my last build, so I'm sorry that was my failure. Please, download the last build again, now it's correct.
Cameras: Canon EOS 70D, Canon EOS 650D
Lenses: 2x CanonEF-S 18-135 IS STM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM Art
Daily builds

Ftlz

QuoteNot yet. If you saw dual_iso module in my last build, so I'm sorry that was my failure. Please, download the last build again, now it's correct.

Thanks man. Hope it will be available later.

And maybe a noob question. I've asked a few times before but no answers. I read in ML user guide that there is an ability to trigger the shutter via proximity (IR) sensor above the viewfinder. It will be very useful for many occasions (astrophotography, hdr, etc.). Why nobody mentions it. Is it possible for 650d?