Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spider

Quote from: mkay on August 10, 2013, 07:37:16 PM
I have just tried raw video on the 650d but the images have some noticable errors on multiple places - is anybody experiencing the same issue?
Yes, http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658.0

papkee

Quote from: mkay on August 10, 2013, 07:37:16 PM

Here's a video example of some other guy, if you watch in fullscreen you can see the pink dots on dark surfaces: (He used: Canon EOS 650D + 50mm f/1.8 II)

That's my video. :D

That was filmed long before PDRtool came out. Should probably add that in the description.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

davidbolman

Quote from: donjames150 on August 10, 2013, 02:19:46 PM
David, all your questions are covered in this thread and the obsoleted Canon 650D thread. In Nanomad's first post in this thread he says there are problems with audio
"What's currently not working: All ML features that have to do with audio"
as to write speed, if you want to shoot raw, get at least the 45 mb/s card, 35 is too slow.

and yes you need a smaller than 64G card to install
Nanomad: "Yes, the installer (or any canon update for that matter) won't work on cards bigger than 32 GB"

Thank you very much for helping me, i really appreciate.

davidbolman

Quote from: dsagilles on August 10, 2013, 02:13:02 PM
1) Magic Lantern additional audio function doesn't work (like audio meter), but Canon audio functions still works fine : when you install Magic Lantern, It only adds functions, nothing is replaced in the Canon firmware. So all you can do without ML can be done with ML.

2) It appears you can't install ML with a 64gig card. Precisely, you can't use a 64gig card to set the bootdisk flag of the camera.
So, follow the instructions and install ML with a 32gig card or less (=set the bootdisk flag in the camera).
Once the bootdisk flag is setted in the camera, you can install ML on other cards, including 64gig one's by copy/paste your ML files on your 64gig card and enable the bootdisk and EOS_develop flag of the card manualy with EOS Card (on windows).

650d/T4i has maximum write/read speed around 40mb/sec . Generaly ML User wants the maximum speed for shoot RAW video.

Thanks a lot for helping me, i really apreciate that, im happy now ;D

Walter Schulz

@nanomad:

From your post http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3697.msg44640#msg44640
QuoteTrap focus is not working on the 650D because canon isn't updating the "realtime" focusinfo anymore
Unless you have the lens set to AF  ::)"

Same issue with 1.0.4?

Ciao, Walter

Rythmtech

From your post http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=3697.msg44640#msg44640
QuoteBut there is an ML alpha 2 doing trap focus without hardware tweaks. ;-)

On the bottom of the linked post above re: Trap Focus.... would love to try this out....any closer to a solution?

Love your work!

Cheers,
Rythmtech
---------------------------------------------------------------------
650D | Canon 17-55 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Nifty 50 1.8
---------------------------------------------------------------------

mkay

Quote from: papkee on August 11, 2013, 02:49:04 AM
That's my video. :D

That was filmed long before PDRtool came out. Should probably add that in the description.
Yep, good idea. Cool video though ;)

mkay

Quote from: papkee on August 07, 2013, 11:58:08 PM
A question just popped in to my head.

There was buzz a while back about clean HDMI out on the T4i, and while default firmware's HDMI signal is cropped down did ML ever get us full 1080p HDMI out? I'd love to know because I'm debating whether or not to get an Atmos Ninja or similar.
Hmm i think we should just try this one ourselves. Unfortunately I don't have a mini HDMI cable or adapter, so i can't atm. But it would be good to know.

I don't know if this is already outdated but:
QuoteWhile these devices are capable of recording 1080p 422 signals, the HDMI output from the Canon HDMI is limited to 1620x1080 (3:2) while the camera is not recording. This requires the user to crop the footage from the external recorder to 1620x910 (16:9) and then resize it to either 1280x720 (79%) or 1920x1080 (119%).
http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/HDMI_Output
And how about the FPS of HDMI out? is this fixed to 24 or 25, or what does it depend on?

papkee

Quote from: mkay on August 11, 2013, 06:43:49 PM
Hmm i think we should just try this one ourselves. Unfortunately I don't have a mini HDMI cable or adapter, so i can't atm. But it would be good to know.

I don't know if this is already outdated but:http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/HDMI_Output
And how about the FPS of HDMI out? is this fixed to 24 or 25, or what does it depend on?

I'd assume it's relative to the framerate setting in camera. And while cropping up does reduce quality it seems like 119% wouldn't degrade your footage too much. Plus the 4:2:2 is much better than the H264 in-camera, even with increased bitrate.

I may have to look in to this further.

Carlosdurm

Is it possible to record continuous 1080p raw on the t4i? 

demetrisag

Quote from: Carlosdurm on August 12, 2013, 09:09:37 AM

simple answer, No. more advance answer, search through the forum :)

spider

Quote from: Carlosdurm on August 12, 2013, 09:09:37 AM
Yes, nearly 1080p, finding the highest possible fps is your task.

imak

Hi, sorry if it has already been mentioned but, after installing ML, is there any way of putting the camera completly back to stock? And is it still  possible to use the normal canon menu while ML is installed ?

Thank you all in advance .

blade

Quote from: imak on August 12, 2013, 03:18:06 PM
Hi, sorry if it has already been mentioned but, after installing ML, is there any way of putting the camera completly back to stock? And is it still  possible to use the normal canon menu while ML is installed ?

Thank you all in advance .

This is all well documented in the wiki:
http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/install

However, Yes in can be set back to stock, and yes you can ( and should? ) use the canon menu.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

imak

I guess i've been a Litlle lazy, thank you for the fast answer ,although i've already found the wiki and was reading it, found it right after I've posted the questions, the answers are right at the begining.  Thank you

Walter Schulz

-- Deleted bug report, possible test environment error. My wrong! ---

minlite13

I have recorded a one minute raw footage with the 650D using ML and I felt like I should share it here.. Because you guys are doing an amazing work, bringing a whole new life to our DSLRs :)

Plus I would be happy to see your opinion on the video. Thanks.

Canon 650D 1.0.4 / EF-S 18-55 IS II + EF 50 f/1.8

kiketon

Hi everyone,
first i would like to thank to all the team for your work... amazing!
i don´t know if i´m doing something wrong but rack focus doesnt work for me...
it works properly whithout recording but when i press play (rack focus button) doesnt rec anything...(it tries)
if i press rec, and then i go to the MG menu and i press rack focus, the function doesn´t work properly.... it seem like loses the reference points of focus...

Thanks in advance!!!

denister

ty nomad for this...
Q: what about defishing?

kzi2006

Quote from: minlite13 on August 12, 2013, 09:34:03 PM
I have recorded a one minute raw footage with the 650D using ML and I felt like I should share it here.. Because you guys are doing an amazing work, bringing a whole new life to our DSLRs :)
Really? ))) 650D RAW shooting -  absolutelly useless feature.

And? What is it?
EOS 6D, 3xEOS 650D, Canon 24-105, Canon 10-22, Sigma 50-150 2.8 APO HSM, Sigma 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 50 1.4, Samyang 14mm 2.8
https://vimeo.com/kzi/

minlite13

Quote from: kzi2006 on August 13, 2013, 11:28:59 AM

I don't get what are you trying to say by "Absolutely Useless feature".  If it's a feature then it's not useless. Despite the fact that, the whole of us have agreed that it's a great feature and Magic Lantern team is including it in their builds.

I just posted this early test video here to sum up what is done until here on the development of the feature, because all the test videos were recorded using the old 1.0.1 version.

And I assume this is nearly a dev topic. So please don't spam by saying thing like "This feature is useless", "What is it? What is that?" ,..
Canon 650D 1.0.4 / EF-S 18-55 IS II + EF 50 f/1.8

30dbs

Quote from: minlite13 on August 13, 2013, 07:43:31 PM
I don't get what are you trying to say by "Absolutely Useless feature".  If it's a feature then it's not useless. Despite the fact that, the whole of us have agreed that it's a great feature and Magic Lantern team is including it in their builds.

I just posted this early test video here to sum up what is done until here on the development of the feature, because all the test videos were recorded using the old 1.0.1 version.

And I assume this is nearly a dev topic. So please don't spam by saying thing like "This feature is useless", "What is it? What is that?" ,..

I agree RAW is a useful feature, I only have a very few uses for it but I'm glad its there when I do. I saw on the description of your vid that the pinkdots are gone, is this true? this will be great if it is!.

I plan on testing asap.

I see the ML team have now got duel-iso working on the 6d and others, I wonder if we'll get it on the 650d too?

EDIT: Just tested and I still get the pink dots =(

papkee

Quote from: 30dbs on August 13, 2013, 08:45:51 PM

EDIT: Just tested and I still get the pink dots =(

You've got to use the PinkDotRemover Tool (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658) to remove the dots. It's a bug with the T4i and EOS-M (as well as the t5i I'm assuming) due to the new autofocus tracking point system.

30dbs

Quote from: papkee on August 13, 2013, 10:01:34 PM
You've got to use the PinkDotRemover Tool (http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6658) to remove the dots. It's a bug with the T4i and EOS-M (as well as the t5i I'm assuming) due to the new autofocus tracking point system.

Thanks but I was referring to the fact that minlite13 specifically said he didn't use that tool, upon further inspection of his video (ie in 1080p ) you can still see the pink dots too.