Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniboy111

Well first I'd like to say thanks to Nanomad, seems like you really went out of your way here so chears to you! I have one question, where is the raw video option? I can't seem to find it. Thanks a bunch :)

spider

Quote from: nanomad on August 04, 2013, 01:31:02 PM
The fir is only needed once *per lifetime of your camera*
This means cameras who run already ML just have to be updated to 104 and they will directly run satrianis build?

dsagilles

So in order to update my version of ML running on fir 1.0.1 , I need to unistall ML by lauching again the firmware update (with file "650D-S~1.FIR", then download and install the official 1.0.4 firmware from Canon, and install lastest ML version again, right ?
Canon 650d |  Sigma 18-200 II DC OS HSM | Auto-Chinon 50mm f/1.9 | Minolta 35-70mm
DSLR Videos, photos and tutorials on http://www.gna-productions.com

dsagilles

Quote from: Daniboy111 on August 04, 2013, 01:52:55 PM
Well first I'd like to say thanks to Nanomad, seems like you really went out of your way here so chears to you! I have one question, where is the raw video option? I can't seem to find it. Thanks a bunch :)

You need to load the module (RAW_Rec) under the Module Menu, and then you will found a RAW Rec option under the Video menu.
Canon 650d |  Sigma 18-200 II DC OS HSM | Auto-Chinon 50mm f/1.9 | Minolta 35-70mm

nanomad

Ok forget everything I said, just follow the guide from start to end. Then delete the fir and forget about it. Even when updating builds
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

demetrisag

Quote from: nanomad on August 04, 2013, 02:51:26 PM
Ok forget everything I said, just follow the guide from start to end. Then delete the fir and forget about it. Even when updating builds

nanomad :)

You now sometimes when you know too much of something trying to make it simple to others who don't, can actually make it harder!

baga

Well I just reinstalled ML on my 650D and one of my 4G cards and so far everything I've tried seems to be working fine.  I can't wait to give it a good work out maybe later today.
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

baga

By the way thanks for updating ML to work Canon's new 104 firmware.  I didn't expect it so quick considering everything else the developers have going on. Thanks again!!
Canon T4i/650d, Battery grip,  Xti/400d, 5 lenses, 2x converter, External flash hot shoe, Minolta XG7, power winder, Minolta X700, power winder grip, Sunpak 522 with dedicated sensors, dedicated hot shoe flash, 2x converter, 6 lenes and 4 older cameras

Daniboy111

Quote from: dsagilles on August 04, 2013, 02:07:44 PM
You need to load the module (RAW_Rec) under the Module Menu, and then you will found a RAW Rec option under the Video menu.

I have no modules in the module menu? :S

nanomad

EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

phil_rouge

:o perhaps a stupid question but after make a raw video how open it on computer ?
???

and when I want to make a video, my 650D record only 1 second and after stop automaticully ???

Thank's for your answer :)

bsbeamer

Does performing a re-installation of the "official" Canon 1.0.4 firmware uninstall ML completely, or is that only performed through running the installer again with an "uninstall" command?  Would like to test on a camera and then reset/remove ML.  Have not yet used ML (personally), so sorry if this is a newbie question.

Has anyone tested the HDMI output on the 650D/T4i?  Curious if mirroring is possible.  Not necessarily "clean" output, but being able to use the internal/built-in monitor as well as an external HDMI monitor at the same time (without the internal going black).

Daniboy111

Quote from: nanomad on August 04, 2013, 05:26:58 PM
Then you did something wrong

It's only if I use Satranis (Might be incorrect naming there) build. If I use the one supplied in your link its fine.

dsagilles

Quote from: bsbeamer on August 04, 2013, 06:21:26 PM
Does performing a re-installation of the "official" Canon 1.0.4 firmware uninstall ML completely, or is that only performed through running the installer again with an "uninstall" command?  Would like to test on a camera and then reset/remove ML.  Have not yet used ML (personally), so sorry if this is a newbie question.

Has anyone tested the HDMI output on the 650D/T4i?  Curious if mirroring is possible.  Not necessarily "clean" output, but being able to use the internal/built-in monitor as well as an external HDMI monitor at the same time (without the internal going black).

I've the same question concerning the official firmware update behavior (does it unset the bootflag ?). For beeing sure, I guess unistall ML before updating is the best thing to do...

Concerning the miroring, It actually doesn't work : while plugin an HDMI or a VGA Cable, the internal screen switch off.

spider

Thank you very much it works really fine.

cawahe

Thanks this is amazing!
when will audio come on here?
And how do i use the exposure? Since it jumps back to canon firmware...

Phillips321

Hi guys and thanks to nanomad and others for their efforts.

Currently I can record at 60fps 720p. If I reduce the resolution can I record at a higher frame rate? If so could someone tell me where I can do this?

Many thanks

lynx

I love this! thank you! everything is working good with the 1.0.4 firmware.

red5446

BUG:
when you select flash tweaks and 3rd p flash Live view on
the camera just freezes. it takes pictures but you can autofocus anymore. you have to turning off the camera.

you can replicate this even without external flash. just put live view and try to take a picture with that setting on.

nanomad

Good catch with that bug. I'll see what I can do.

Canon update doesn't touch the camera or card bootflag but you need to disable the card one to make sure you do not run an incompatible binary. ML installer will fix the bootflag for you afterwards

Train

OpenMind

BUG (?)

Camera in movie mode, Crop movie = ON... video works fine.
Suddenly I like to take a photo... Switch camera to photo mode, focus, press shutter... oops... press shutter! Press harder!... Hmmm, no photo!

Go back to movie mode, Crop Movie = OFF
Photo mode: Press shutter... works fine again.

To be short: You can't take photos when switching from movie to photo mode, while using Crop movie.

EDIT: Used satriani's ML_N_04.08.2013

By the way... Thanks for the update(s)! :)
Canon: 5Dc, 650D. EF 24-105mm f/4L IS, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS, 1.4x II, 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS, 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye, 40mm f2.8 STM, 50mm f/1.8 II, EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Speedlite 600EX-RT, Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX, Sigma: 12-24mm f4.5-5.6 EX DG HSM

lordgnagey

Nanomad, I'm going to re-post this because I'm sure it was lost in the 1.0.1 - 1.0.4 deluge.

Are there plans to implement GOP and Slice control? I've read that it is currently implemented in Tragic Lantern.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6913.0

I realize you've been recompiling for the new firmware. I'm not expecting overnight miracles. However, has this been discussed as an option for the 650d? Are there any known issues of compatibility?

Considering that the 650d's write speed is nearly double that of the 600d it stands to reason that we could probably do GOP 1 and pretty high H264 quality without hitting the write limit on the cardbus.
"You're all freaks, sir. But you always have been freaks. Life is a freak. That's its hope and glory."  - The Robot Bartender

1%

No slice its Eeko. Gop should work tho, flush rate works.

lordgnagey

1%

Pardon my ignorance but I don't see a GOP option in the bitrate menu. Is there some other way to alter the GOP?
"You're all freaks, sir. But you always have been freaks. Life is a freak. That's its hope and glory."  - The Robot Bartender