Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeandroFreitas

Where you able to get 192Mhz overclock to work with 650D ?

Walter Schulz

I have no idea what frequency I got. 92.9 MByte/s blanked my mind.

LeandroFreitas

Is there a possibility you also own an Eos m?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: LeandroFreitas on July 16, 2020, 01:32:48 PM
Is there a possibility you also own an Eos m?

After checking my bank account: Nope, I don't think so.

domienz

guys can we take 4k footage? and how?

i saw someone put crop mode screenshot but i cant see on my menu...

Walter Schulz

Highly experimental/bleeding edge sd_uhs.mo module:

Discussion thread
Build used: Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (pull down menu) -> Experiments -> 4K raw video recording; lossless compression

domienz

how can i implement this module? we are not able to use it with original ml right? how to activate this?

domienz

and also normal video footage has lots of grens, i mean my mobile phone has better 1080p even low light... is it normal? its really crap man especially low light grens everywhere, any solution for this?

Walter Schulz

Build used (aka: working well with sd_uhs.mo) will be found if you followed the hints given in post above.
And nobody said ML will change your sensor (dated mid 2012) into something challenging latest smartphone sensors and their improved abilities for night scenes.
If you want to make an outdated camera look good you have to bypass some of its limitations. One is proper white point or black point estimation.
Start to make good use of a search engine for those terms.

domienz

i dont want to deal with raw files, there is bitrate multiplier even if i make it 1.7x noting really changes.

i dont want ml to make my camera perfect you misunderstand, i just complain about my machine (: yeah its from 2012 but has 10x bigger sensor than my 2016 mobile phone even with 50mm 1.4 and 400 iso there is noticable color grens how can i desribe i dont know. maybe my product can be defective.

only i want to learn is there any tweak for this. it should have at least mobile phone video man, am i willing to have very much things?

TheMintHippo

If you are referring to grain or grainy images on the 650D then no ML will not fix that. It is a grainy camera and bad in low light. Also if you do not want to use RAW you are even more affected by the horrible in camera codec compression.
I like to believe the bitrate multiplier helps at least a little with compression artifacts, but it might just be wishful thinking.

I use RAW to avoid compression and try to stay at 100 ISO whenever possible and you need lots of light. I acknowledge RAW workflow is not for everyone, but the RAW grain feels a bit more natural to me to my eye.

To remove grain you might look into in Neatvideo noise reduction software. A lot of people swear by it.
T3i - ML 10/12 Bit RAW Experimental Build

LeandroFreitas

LeandroFreitas

Quote from: Danne on November 27, 2019, 04:23:31 PM
Can you please do it instead? I don´t have the time, the camera or the interest. Tell me when you start. I´ll get you going.
Iam very thankful for your work on Eos M.
I have installed debian on Vmware and try to use the 2.8K settings from eos_m and added to crop_rec.c from https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_jip_hop_git/src/fd13507933922d6b81c31a5a4274f7e39da28464/modules/crop_rec/crop_rec.c?fbclid=IwAR1wMR2TYDd0K0AJvrjt4mgGmh3FmdQkTIy2Gp0bsKFr_wZCBWJhiUHy-oQ
and use with lastest 650D compability crop_rec.c that could find. The result https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JLFN/magiclantern/master/crop_rec.c i tried to compile but modules was not created .Do you maybe have a repo on https://foss.heptapod.net ?
Have a nice day

Danne

I did following since I couldn´t get heptapod working:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern_dannephoto_git/src/master/

It´s a git repo BUT, if you download this repo you can erase all .git stuff and you´ll see that all HG folders are also present. I sort of piggyback on a git-account but I keep adding hg comits too in there.
Then you need to enter this branch via hg:
crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_100D
If I remember correctly it´s the same I used for 650D.

Let me know how it works or not.

domienz

so in short; can i take 4k footage with this machine?

i dont want raw it may have crappy bitrate but 4k is it possible?

Walter Schulz

If you don't want raw/mlv your inquiry doesn't make any sense: All ML supported cams are limited to 1080p in native H.264 mode.

domienz

i dont know camera has 18 million pixel sensor.
you guys are making great things which enables us to record 80-90mb/sec on card.

so i think, i might be able to use 4 million pixel out of 18 million pixeled sensor and, no need for huge raw files so i want to choose 4k with low bitrate which can be also equal to same writing speed.

everybody has 4k tv's, my crap 200$ xiaomi has 4k video with ois... why would i want to deal with insane file sizes? to change color better on 1080p outdated resolution... it doesnt make sense too.

https://youtu.be/kWNIwOzInQU?t=109

this video is shame guys.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Troll Questions section
In engineering your personal opinions don't count as arguments.

Audionut

Some development work and extra builds are available in this thread.

Felipe

Hi guys long time no see you.
Was a great surprise to see how MLV RAW has grown, to the point where I can record 5+ minutes with RAW lite 14 bit 16x9 1736 x 976 with my Canon 700D
HOWEVER with the 650D I can not record more than 10 seconds with the same setting, card ctc, Seems like this 2 cameras are not the same.
Am I right?
650D-700D

Walter Schulz

1736 x 976 x 14 x 24 / 8 = 71,162,112 Bytes/s = 67.9 MByte/s
That's only possible with SD-card overclocking or compression.

Which build are you using on 650D? Bilal's build thread has been moved:  https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=25976.0

Felipe

650D-700D

Felipe

Great Walter, The new build september 30 2020 has an issue with the shutter speed, so I decided to use the same July 22 1918 build with the SD overclock module from this recent build at 240 Mhz
using the Sandisk card and YES non stop recording 16x9 14bit looseless. 1736 X 976 at 30P.
I Can not believe que quality is Just Fantastic!!!
650D-700D

Mehmet Kozal

Quote from: Felipe on March 14, 2021, 08:56:39 AM
Great Walter, The new build september 30 2020 has an issue with the shutter speed...

Pulling the battery out and putting back in seems to fix it in my experience.
Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.

Mehmet Kozal

I don't know if these will be useful for anyone but I created some MLV's for dark frame subtraction for my own use because sometimes
I forget to do it on the field so at least I have something to use for later.

I filmed these for three 2:35 modes, all in 36|38 Celcius temperature, for both 10bit and 12bit outputs in resolutions that I use most often.
They are all 15sec long.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5w9d24m6zc0j245/AABIDMAYMxruSaLy_ptTOqf1a?dl=0
Canon 650D user. Also, Bilal Fakhouri is a hero.