Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rewind

Seems like everything is working (recording with crop_rec 5k anamorphic, mv1080p 46 fps, mlv_play).
Should sd_uhc module work without corresponding lua script now?
Upd. Ok, quick benchmark shows recording speed around 60 MB/s, so it seems like sd_uhs working too.

Danne

Wow. Everything worked. Awesome. And yes. sd_uhs should work as you stated.
Thanks all involved and please report what´s working or not.

Danne

New build:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Jun30.650D104.zip

Added some more connection with crop_rec.c,  hopefully nothing breaks. Needs allround testing to see that all presets still works. Don´t have the cam myself sp feel free to take this build for a spin.

Felipe

@Danne is there a 105 versión?
650D-700D

Aleks N

Google translator

Hi!
I tried the last two versions of the firmware. Record 5k works (non-stop). But not always. 2-3 failed attempts (recording stops) and then it can work normally.
I also checked the speed with benchmarking - 46 Mb / s maximum. SanDisc ExtremePRO 95Mb/s, 64Gb memory card.
By the link photo settings and errors:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18afu-ev0G_TgM3xANURAJhSVNsoX_71x

I also tried using the [SDoverclock] script - I can't overclock the SDcard.

Script from this firmware:
[crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2018Dec26.EOSM202]
The script and module from EOS M allow you to overclock the card up to 55 Mb / s.
Also from there are working skript:
- 2.5k10b100
- 2.5k10b800
- 1080p12b100
- 1080p12b800

And I could still set my resolution (down).

Danne

Rewind

25 fps bug still present (sometimes you turn the camera on and the shutter speed shows 1/25 instead of what it is set to. Recording performed at real shutter speed value, e.g. 1/48, but LV and even mlv info shows 1/25).
I don't know methods to reproduce or to avoid this. Behavior seems to be sporadic. It just happens. Or not. Whatever settings or sequence of actions.

Danne

Still present? When was this reported? Is it happening only with crop_rec? What  If you turn crop_rec off and only leave RAW video on, still the same issue?

Rewind

"Still present" is related to your previous build for 650D (didn't observed this bug earlier in crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd branch).
May be it has nothing to do with crop_rec. Because this module is not even loaded on my camera.
It seems like mlv_lite itself produces the bug. When 1/25 happens, you may switch raw recording off, turn camera off and turn on again, than it shows real shutter again in 100% of cases, turn raw recording after that and that's ok. Till next reboot, when the luck decides )

Danne

Maybe you could test it against crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd branch and see if it´s in there too.

Rewind

crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd branch doesn't have this issue.
At least the latest build from Experiments downloads page (2018 July 22).
Sorry, can't build from latter sources for now.

Aleks N

https://youtu.be/ouFh1pDPuIg

In the description of the video left shooting options.

Good! Thank you, Danne and other guys!
This version is better - benchmark 55Mb / s
Features:
1) It is necessary to pre-select the points CropMode and RawVideo. And then run the script.
2) Preview is very tightly compressed horizontally. In the previous version of the preview with low FPS, but with normal proportions. I think this is more important - the right proportions.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pXsP-QL20_62zHxOebxP9qWqx1hg4Jvi

I can still test something. Only in programming I do not understand)

Aleks N

I also wanted to know. How to focus pixel map files (updated) translate to MLVProducer (Win10)? Type .pmm

papkee

Hi all!

I've been out of the ML loop for a while due to school and work but I'm starting to pick up some videography again. Am I understanding correctly that sd_uhs has solved the SD card bottleneck and we can get much better raw video resolutions now?

Obviously we're still limited to the max liveview res without crop mode, but if I'm able to get constant recording at the max raw resolution (17xx by 9xx if I'm remembering right) that's a huge new development since the last time I messed around with raw video.

One other question - what's the status of the pink dots issue? I remember there were a couple tools for dealing with it but again, it's been a year or two since I've done much in the video world with my 650D.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

jinra1

Quote from: papkee on August 09, 2019, 08:47:16 PM
Hi all!

I've been out of the ML loop for a while due to school and work but I'm starting to pick up some videography again. Am I understanding correctly that sd_uhs has solved the SD card bottleneck and we can get much better raw video resolutions now?

Obviously we're still limited to the max liveview res without crop mode, but if I'm able to get constant recording at the max raw resolution (17xx by 9xx if I'm remembering right) that's a huge new development since the last time I messed around with raw video.

One other question - what's the status of the pink dots issue? I remember there were a couple tools for dealing with it but again, it's been a year or two since I've done much in the video world with my 650D.

I've been using the 650D for raw recording and can confirm that the sd_uhs module removes the bottleneck and lets me record at the maximum allowed 1728x972 resolution in 14-bit lossless with a fast SD Card.

I haven't tried the crop modes extensively but they did work for me. I find that they have a few too many bugs and quirks for me to want to use regularly.

As far as pink dots goes, using either MLVApp or MLVFS  and chroma smoothing seem to get rid of them for me on the 650D.

One thing that I noticed was that I was unable to use Dual ISO when I also had the crop_rec.mo loaded, but it works when I disable the module. Can someone try the latest build and see if this is also a problem for them?

LeandroFreitas

Hey
I new here tried to find the answer but I am not sure
Is mv1080p MCM rewire default for 650D for build
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Apr29.650D104.zip ?

I found this info from Danne old post for EOS M
mv1080p MCM rewire now includes 1736x1158(3:2) this is default mode. Set ratio to 2.35:1 or 16:9 from Crop mode sub menu.

LeandroFreitas

Quote from: Aleks N on July 01, 2019, 02:37:33 PM
https://youtu.be/ouFh1pDPuIg

In the description of the video left shooting options.

Good! Thank you, Danne and other guys!
This version is better - benchmark 55Mb / s
Features:
1) It is necessary to pre-select the points CropMode and RawVideo. And then run the script.
2) Preview is very tightly compressed horizontally. In the previous version of the preview with low FPS, but with normal proportions. I think this is more important - the right proportions.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pXsP-QL20_62zHxOebxP9qWqx1hg4Jvi

I can still test something. Only in programming I do not understand)

Hey , Nice shot! Can you please tell me what build you are using ? I tried crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Jun30.650D104.zip but i cant get to work with 4k or 2.5 my Lexar 64GB Professional SD Card (SDXC) UHS-II U3 - 150MB/s that works 77MB/S with usb 3.0 on pc , i get max 47MB/S i have sd_uhd module actived and i cant find any benchmark and card warm up.
Please share your settings.

Meyli

Hi,

I do not understand why I can not get the RAW video menu.
I tried several versions:

• crop_rec_4k.2018Jul22.650D104
  • lua_fix.2019Mar20.650D104
  • Nightly.2018Jul03.650D104

I probably missed a few things.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sorry for my English, I am a Frenchwoman.
(Thank you Google Translate :) )
Canon Eos 650D | Canon 18-135 STM | Canon 50mm 1.8

Walter Schulz

Modules tab
Because of memory management issues some features are designed to be loaded this way.

33trego33

Hi - Could someone please point me to the instructions for using the sd overclock on the 650d?

I activated the sd_uhs module and restarted, but in the scripts menu I don't see sd overclock, only "cinema 2.39:1"

Any help appreciated.

petelo

Quote from: Meyli on October 28, 2019, 06:21:03 PM
Hi,

I do not understand why I can not get the RAW video menu.
I tried several versions:

• crop_rec_4k.2018Jul22.650D104
  • lua_fix.2019Mar20.650D104
  • Nightly.2018Jul03.650D104

I probably missed a few things.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sorry for my English, I am a Frenchwoman.
(Thank you Google Translate :) )

Il faut aller dans l'onglet Modules (les quatres petits carrée en haute de l'écran) et activer les modules crop-rec, file-man, lua, mlv-lite, mlv-play, mlv-snd, sd-uhs.

Ensuite il faut quitter le menu magic lantern, arreter et et redemarer l'appareil. Normalement avec les ces modules actifs vous aurez accès au RAW video. 

petelo

Quote from: Danne on June 30, 2019, 03:58:12 PM
Could you test also this build? Been a long time since I updated for this camera:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2019Jun30.650D104.zip

Hello Danne, do you think that it will be possible with the 650D to have the same way as the EOS M to rapidly change of video setup  (mcm 1080 rewire, 5k, 2.5k ....) touching the screen to access the choice and applying it by just one touch.

Thank you all for your incredible talent develloping magic lantern.

Meyli

Quote from: Walter Schulz on November 03, 2019, 12:56:23 AM
Modules tab
Because of memory management issues some features are designed to be loaded this way.

Thank you Walter,

Indeed, there is an option list to activate.
I only have to do some tests.

Have a good day :),
Cécile de F.

Meyli

Quote from: petelo=
Il faut aller dans l'onglet Modules (les quatres petits carrée en haute de l'écran) et activer les modules crop-rec, file-man, lua, mlv-lite, mlv-play, mlv-snd, sd-uhs.

Ensuite il faut quitter le menu magic lantern, arreter et et redemarer l'appareil. Normalement avec les ces modules actifs vous aurez accès au RAW video.

Grand merci pour vos précisions Petelo :),
Cécile de F.