Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kutu

build 2015Aug18
no crash, tried twice

Walter Schulz

Thanks for testing! May I ask about card type used?
EDIT: And file system?

Vermillion

can someone look into AETTR?

is it still working? mine doesn't work anymore in lastest ML. :-\

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 28, 2016, 10:06:16 PM
- MLV_REC.mo loaded and MLV recording activated.
- Global draw Off
- Start recording.
- Press trashcan button
- Half-press shutter
- Stop recording
-> Crash message appears.

Please test and report back.

Happens with older builds (Jan. 2016), too.

Coming back to this issue. My cam acts a little strange with "half-press shutter".
If I set "REC key HalfShutter" ML will crash after stopping movie.
May I ask if someone can repeat my steps again using "half-shutter" for start/stop?

Felipe

Walter, works fine not any issue record or stop movie with half shutter, Tryed several times and no problem!
September 6-2016 Version...
650D-700D

Walter Schulz

Thanks for testing!

Edit:
Latest observation: EF-S 10-18 IS mounted. Manual Focus: No crash. Auto focus: Crashes most of the time.
Will retest with other lenses next week.

Felipe

When in "REC key HalfShutter" Pressing the autofocus, Back focus button trigers the record movie, NOT usable
Same happens with SL1-100D, BUT no crashing
650D-700D

sashtigo

Zebra and Focus peak is not working! Camera Canon EOS650D 18-135 IS STM!
Add please Sound Control !!! Is wery importand function for cameraman!

Walter Schulz

I do not own a 18-135 IS STM but have no zebra/focus peaking problem with 10-18 IS STM or other lenses. Do you have problems with other lenses too or is the problem exclusive with 18-135 STM?

About sound: Only basic sound control with DIGIC5. If you need full control you have to use a cam with DIGIC4.
See https://builds.magiclantern.fm/features.html -> Audio

Felipe

No zebra problem with the 18-135 stm, Works fine!
650D-700D

sashtigo

Quote from: Walter Schulz on November 20, 2016, 11:17:49 PM
I do not own a 18-135 IS STM but have no zebra/focus peaking problem with 10-18 IS STM or other lenses. Do you have problems with other lenses too or is the problem exclusive with 18-135 STM?

About sound: Only basic sound control with DIGIC5. If you need full control you have to use a cam with DIGIC4.
See https://builds.magiclantern.fm/features.html -> Audio
Quote from: Felipe on November 21, 2016, 12:52:01 AM
No zebra problem with the 18-135 stm, Works fine!

This is a photo of my display.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149538508@N08/shares/m30P1J
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149538508@N08/shares/4C24o6
https://www.flickr.com/photos/149538508@N08/shares/3b8F5V
I tried the Canon 18-135 SI STM and Canon 50 1.8 STM
Previously, when these same settings, everything worked.

And why can not do at least "NEADFONE MONITORING" for 650d ?? Is it really so difficult ??

Walter Schulz

Quote from: sashtigo on November 21, 2016, 07:41:00 PM
Is it really so difficult ??

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Troll Questions Section
And yes, it is that difficult. ML doesn't know from Canon how the cam works. All ML is reverse engineered and customized chips are not really helping to do this. At time of writing audio interface for Digic5 is "we are not there yet".

And I'm pretty sure Focus Peaking does not work when turned off.
Will look after zebra settings, though. EDIT: Test "Magic Zoom OFF". Without: Zebras working. With: Nope, no zebras.
Read User Guide, section Magic Zoom:
QuoteNotes:

Zebras, focus peaking and false color are disabled automatically when the zoom overlay is active.

lindenmeyer

I just updated my 650D to the newest firmware. 1.0.5 released a week ago. Any expectations to when ML can arrive to the new firmware? 

softjad

Did anybody tested the ML in to the 1.0.5 firmware?

afonseca

I just made the mistake of updating to 1.0.5 and now ML won't work because it's not 1.0.4. I'm not sure if there's a way to downgrade back to 1.0.4 but maybe ML can be updated to support 1.0.5 instead?

According to Canon, here's what 1.0.5 changes:
QuoteCorrects a phenomenon in which when using the camera with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM or EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM lens, even if lens aberration correction is set to "Enable", correction will not be applied.

So maybe it works fine with just a version number update in ML?

Walter Schulz

Because ML is based on reverse engineering and the devs can not know how and where Canon's firmware compiler arranges resources: No.
Go to http://pel.hu/eoscard and download Canon firmware 1.0.4

afonseca

Thanks for the link! I was able to go back to 1.0.4 and now I'm working with ML again.  :)

DeafEyeJedi

@650D users -- please help us out here!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Reebs

QuoteBecause ML is based on reverse engineering and the devs can not know how and where Canon's firmware compiler arranges resources: No.
Go to http://pel.hu/eoscard and download Canon firmware 1.0.4

Thanks for sharing, but the download link isn't compatible with Macs. I have 1.0.3 firmware on my t4i and I'm trying to upgrade to 1.0.4, but Canon took down its 1.0.4 firmware --- can only find 1.0.5 nowadays.

Is there a way I can get the 1.0.4 firmware if I'm running on a Mac? Any chance they'll update the ML firmware to make it compatible with 1.0.5 any time soon?

kutu

is there any hopes for crop mode in 720p video mode, or is it not possible at all?

a1ex

Possible, see the crop_rec module and use this pull request for EOS M as a starting point.

ltf3

HI

I have used ML on a non touch screen T2i for years.  I am just setting up on a T4i ... all well,  except I don't understand how/if the Direction keys & SET buttons can be used to quickly adjust White Balance / ISO and do a Manual White Balance with the SET button (and a white card)  as on the T2i ... i.e. by pressing the Av button to invoke Direction key control over these parameters.

The settings are there in the ML menu ... but it says I have to toggle with the LCD Face Button...

I see I can press Q and select from the Camera's preset WB .... or Use the ML Preferences to dial in a WB Value.

EDIT :  [ But no true SET key-  Manual / White Card option I can find. ] doh ... yes there is ... in the ML White Balance Menu in the Q- sub menu. Sorry

Don't get me wrong , it works ... but not as elegantly or efficiently as on the T2i version.

Am I missing something?

I have T4i FW 1.0.4  and ML V Nightly 2017, Jan 27, .650D104

Thanks

DigitalMetal

Hi,

I'm new here and have a 650D, All I want to do is be able to over come the video timeout limit can this be done just but using ML ?
I don't really have any deeper requirements but if it will get over the time limit is there anything else i should be aware of that could be a problem to me as a basic user?

Thanks !

Walter Schulz

If you can live with lost frames (about half a second) every 30 minutes you can write H.264 recordings as long as you want (and card has free space and battery has not been drained).
If you can't: ML supports seamless recording in RAW/MLV mode up and beyond 30 minutes. But storage interface limit is about 40 MByte/s and you will have to use lower resolutions and cropped field of view. Cam interface is good for about 720p24 in 14 bit continuous recording.