Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert green

have held the trash can down and nothing.. I take it I do this In the 'M' setting yes? but just seen the post above mine ... Mine are 64gb cards does this matter if so do I need to install it differently??

dmilligan

It sounds like you are trying to get to the ML menu from the Canon menu. Go back out of the Canon menu (to where you see your exposure settings and ML version at the bottom and lens name at the top, etc.). Then press trashcan.

robert green

Thankyou very much it works time to go play... well I would if it wasnt Hissing it down outside :)

fotap

Hello respected community, I continue to study the Magic Lantern and constantly find something new. For example today, found an excellent feature for a smooth change in the exposure for shooting video - gradual exposure. Very grateful to the Magic Lantern, I can not even imagine how I would shoot without you.
I have a dream to get a digital zoom (Move crop mode) at its canon 650d by pressing any button on the camera body. Without having to go into the menu. This feature is very useful for reporting and filming a fantasy if it became available to the press of a button. Even if this happened to a brief interruption of recording. And the subsequent automatic reset video recording. A transition from the "Move crop mode" to normal it would be possible to carry out even a single press of any button.
Do you think this could be implemented?
Very grateful for the Magic Lantern.

Frendo

has anybody a good settings for record video?
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

Walter Schulz

Yes.

If you don't want to got meta-questions answered: Just describe what your problem is.
720p24 with MLV_REC.mo works fine if card's file system is ExFAT.

spider

I am currently running the build from 1st of September 2014
Are there there some important changes between this and the most recent build? 

blade

QuoteI am currently running the build from 1st of September 2014
Are there there some important changes between this and the most recent build?

There are changes almost daily, check the changelog or repository to see what is changed. If it is important....? that really depends on your needs i think.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Luke Woods

Hi Felipe- new to the forum and want to talk to people using the 650D and ML for bracketing...

Can you please direct/redirect to the right thread?

Cheers, Luke

Felipe

Hi, personally use ML only for video, as far as bracketing personally use only Canon native functions
650D-700D

Frendo

Hi work Follow Focus in last Magic Lantern Firmware?

My Problem
When i focus Object 1 and after that i focus with +/- to Object 2,then its going back automatically (its focusing back to Object 1) to object 1.it does not remain on Object 1.

My Lens is a Canon 1.4 USM
Last Firmware of Magic Lantern
and Lens is on Auto Focus

Can anybody help me?

Regards
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

blade

QuoteMy Problem
When i focus Object 1 and after that i focus with +/- to Object 2,then its going back automatically (its focusing back to Object 1) to object 1.it does not remain on Object 1.

From the user guide:

QuoteFollow Focus

Very simple follow focus (like a rack focus controlled manually).

Arrows: you will be able to focus with the arrow keys.
LCD Sensor: on 550D/500D, focus by placing your hand near the LCD sensor (avoiding shake). To use this, you may need to disable LCDsensor Remote.
Recommended focus step settings:

Focus StepSize: 1 or 2
Focus StepDelay: small values, without Step Wait
If the motion is not smooth, try larger delays (100ms)
Quick rack focus while recording:

Press MENU to save current focus point (this means I want to return here);
Use follow focus to change focus point (focus somewhere else);
Press PLAY to go to saved focus point;
Press PLAY again to go back.

Does it behave differently?

Frendo

Thank u Dude,but its not working for me.When I use the arrow keys to Focus as example Object 1 and i was before on Object 2,its jump back to Object 1.
54V3 Y0UR 5377!NG5

Bobandy

Hey guys, this may be a bit of a stupid question but I just downloaded and installed ML on my Canon EOS 650D and am trying to find where to turn on the RAW video function on it. It is a new model and any pointers would be very helpful. Thanks!

Walter Schulz

MasamKilik

Hey guys,

I am trying to remove or update Magic Lantern on my Canon t4i. Niether are working.

My t4i firmware is version 1.0.1, and I'm not sure which (alpha, beta, etc) version of ML is on it. but the main screen says "v2.3.NEXT.2013Jul19.650101".

I really want to remove ML from this camera (I am going to sell it) but when I follow the procedure from ML Wiki:

"Uninstalling ML from the camera

With a Magic Lantern card, launch the Firmware Update process and follow the instructions on-screen."

I launch the Firmware update process but there is no on-screen instructions... it just reboots and flickers a bunch of stuff. Then I press the trash can and it doesn't start ML, but then I turn it off and back on again and it works normally again.

Please help!

MasamKilik

So a few notes to help everyone understand what is happening.

I think I am supposed to have the option to change the mode dial after the Firmware installer runs with ML on it to disable the boot flag. That is not happening, it just runs the firmware update to 1.0.1 again then says "Enable boot disk      :)"

So did the version of ML for 101 not come with an uninstall procedure?

Do I have to update to 104 to get the uninstall set up to work properly? If that's the case do I have to update the canon Firmware to 1.0.4?

Walter Schulz

Latest nightly builds have a new installer. There were issues with "old" installer and deinstallation on 650D.
Format card in cardreader, format card in cam. Then upgrade to Canon firmware 1.0.4.
Format card again in cam and copy extracted nightly build contents to card.
Run firmware update again and wait until timeout sets in.

nocholas

@Walter
Regarding focus trap:
I tried your tip of taping one pin on the lens of a e650d (v.104) with  two different lenses (canon 18-135mm usm kit lens and on a tamron 70-300 f4.5-5.6) and got the same result as you on the 7D:
Only one Image is shot and then an error appears.

Any other tricks you can suggest? Have you tried it on other lenses?

thanx in advance/Nicholas

Walter Schulz

Please show contacts of your lenses. I need to see which pin you tapped.

nocholas

Hi again,
Unfortunately the image attachment did not work.
If you look at the back of an ef-s lens, and the contacts are down, I taped the one further to the right.
( see http://www.ip-networx.de/privat/ for example and then click on "EOS Focus Falle" on the left bar. Thats what I taped)
I just tried it on a canon ef-s 60mm macro as well, with the same result as before. Only 1 image, then err 001.
thanx again/Nicholas

MasamKilik

Thank you, Walter Schulz, worked exactly as you instructed!

Walter Schulz

@nocholas: It will take some time to get hold of my own 650D for testing. I did this test before 1.0.4 was in the wild. Maybe Canon changed something.

venture

For Nightly.2015Jun24.650D104.zip and newer, I've noticed that overlays (esp. histogram) do not appear in still Playback mode.  Image review setting is CanonMnu:Hold->PLAY. Overlays and histogram are enabled. Is anyone else able to confirm?

Thanks...
650D/T4i | EF-S 18-135 IS STM | EF 50 f/1.8 mk1 | 55-250

blade

Last week I thought I was missing the overlays. But figured it was something I did. I will check asap