Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Turn cam on (movie mode). Press Menu button. Access 5th tab (from left). Access second item "Sound recording" and turn it to "Manual".

tb2015

Oh i've already done that - I didn't realise that took care it. Thank you!

Audionut

Quote from: dmilligan on January 07, 2015, 02:32:18 AM
Press Set and HalfS DblClick only work in LV.

dblclick works through the VF.

Mouad

Hi guyz  ;)

reply: what is the best resolution to get 25p continuous shooting on the 650d ? I'm using 32gb card with 80mb/s writing speed ! tnx

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader and apply ExFAT file system. FAT32 won't make you happy. You have to make the card bootable again. Run ML installation again.
If you format the card inside your cam it will be reverted to FAT32 ...

Mouad

ah okey ;) but any advice about the cluster size ?!

halal

Hello,
I am little bit lost in this sea of informations:
What is the best way to shoot RAW with 650D?
- MLV or RAW?
- what maximum resolution is possible for continuous recording? (with a good card)
- what other programs do I need for postprocessing? (Pink dot removal tool, raw to dng...)

Thank you very much!

Sll

There seems to be a FPS issue on the 650D. When I lower the FPS count in LV, the image goes brighter for one frame and then dark again as if on normal rate. I'm using the nightly build magiclantern-Nightly.2015Jan15.650D104.zip. The same nightly works as expected on a 600D and 6D.

a1ex

Can you record a video showing the issue?

Sll

I have uploaded a video to youtube: http://youtu.be/hkZRj1GQA9s

It shows the difference between the 600D and the 650D. Both are taken with the Canon EFS 18-55 on P-mode. That latter doesn't really matter as the 650D behavior is the same on P and M modes and with various lenses, but I tried to keep most of the settings the same on both cameras for this.

Btw, never mind what I am looking at. I was trying to find something dark as I am mostly interested in astrophotography. The junk under my desk did a good job of being dark.

Nautilus

I need to use my 650D to shoot a speech. My client bought me a 70-300mm lens, a battery grip and several batteries. So I can shoot a 1 and half hour speech. Then there's FAT32 4GB filesize limit I need to overcome. Magic Lantern's Movie Recording Auto-Restart feature is out of question since it skips a few seconds.

I read here that Tragic Lantern can run on exFat formatted SD cards which has no 4GB filesize limit. Is there a guide on how to do that and how can I convert my 650D from Magic Lantern to Tragic Lantern?

Also what about 30 min record time limit? Will Tragic Lantern remove that as well?
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

Walter Schulz

Misconceptions:
- A camera's firmware supports ExFAT or not. There is nothing ML can do about it if not. 650D with Canon firmware 1.0.4. supports ExFAT.
- TL is banned. http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=t3ace52lkgp6ogkg2nfvjv0j51&topic=11080.0

For several reasons I think you want to use an ordinary camcorder for this session. Can't see why a DSLR has to be used here (shallow DOF, dynamic range, ...) and I'm convinced there a better tools for this specific session. I suppose audio is recorded via speaker's microphone output and a dedicated recorder?

gowcoizer

Nautilius Canon 650d records continuously and roughly 4gb file is 12 minutes as you continue to record the file will be just splitted in two with no obvious cut test it in your home conditions. The other thing I could suggest you, record on external audio recorder as this is important to have all the speech and even if the 650d stops or makes a jump as jumping from one4gb file to another you can hide it with another shot on the jump itself.

papkee

I've got a strange issue with the histogram.

When the camera is not plugged in to anything else, the histogram is accurate.

However, when I plug in either of my monitors, the histogram reading of the same scene without changing any settings jumps up dramatically, preventing me from accurately exposing.

Anyone else encountered this issue?
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

papkee

Alright, I'll get on that as soon as I can find time. I'm assuming this is a well-known problem then?

a1ex

I didn't know about it. These dumps will allow me to reproduce the issue without a 650D in my hands.

papkee

tommix

this until now is ALPHA? I see no point in spending time on this development, camera is old now... 2 years and status alpha? Really? You really think this is alpha?

Why can't be there less options but stable? now all options and 0 progress in status.

dmilligan

Quote from: tommix on February 07, 2015, 06:29:46 PM
Why can't be there less options but stable? now all options and 0 progress in status.
So then you have done some quality testing and submitted bug reports for the things you found not working? The status can't be updated until users test and provide feedback, and bugs can't be fixed until people submit quality reports. This is really on you then. It seems all you ever do is get on here every couple months and complain.

lovinski2010

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

demetrisag

Quote from: lovinski2010 on February 08, 2015, 08:03:26 PM
will canon t4i ever shoot 1080p, RAW
Certainly! If you pocess the power of mordor!

Nautilus

Quote from: gowcoizer on February 03, 2015, 09:37:43 PM
Nautilius Canon 650d records continuously and roughly 4gb file is 12 minutes as you continue to record the file will be just splitted in two with no obvious cut test it in your home conditions. The other thing I could suggest you, record on external audio recorder as this is important to have all the speech and even if the 650d stops or makes a jump as jumping from one4gb file to another you can hide it with another shot on the jump itself.

Thanks mate, worked wonderfully. Though I need a permanent solution which is a dedicated camcorder. Is there anything you can suggest that is close to a DSLR in terms of low light capabilities. Because most of the time conference rooms are dim lit (due to slide shows).
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

Nautilus

ML placed a big black box and some text on it while I was shooting an event with my cam. I found these files in my SD card. Devs might wanna take a look at them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9qzw3zkcrrk2fu/ASSERT00.rar?dl=0