Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit_Rises

Thank you very much for the information

By the way i have a transcend class 10 8gb mini sd card and when i tried ml raw video it stopped after 4 seconds.

Then i did a benchmark and the results for the writing speeds were about 10mb per second.so thats why the cam only records and stops after 4 seconds right?

And the raw videos i have recorded for 4 seconds have some weird pink stripes and dots in it.so that is because of the sd card i am using i think.

So i have ordered sandisk extreme 32gb whic has the product code of SDSDQXL-032G-G46A and has writing speeds up to 45mb per second

I think this will solve the 4 seconds of raw video problem.what do you think about the sd card i have ordered?

Thanks in advance

Ashley Vincent

Hey guys. I have a heap of crash logs from a recent shoot I was on. My camera must have crashed 10 times. Anyone who I should send these to?

tommix

Hundred years for this topic and still alpha version...i lost hope for this. Looked like it was pretty much beta stage but authors still uses alpha word... looks like we can forget ML for eos 650d

Walter Schulz

You got it wrong. Title says Alpha, that's true. But development status left Alpha some time ago.
I use ML nightly build for 650D since ... um ... can't remember. That long!
EDIT: Must be one of the first nightlies. About Aug/Sep 2013.
You missed one year fun, I suppose.

Nautilus

QuoteHundred years for this topic and still alpha version...i lost hope for this. Looked like it was pretty much beta stage but authors still uses alpha word... looks like we can forget ML for eos 650d

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Either get a 550D for great ML features or sell your 650D and lenses all together and buy a GH4 instead. Comes with 99% of all ML features. Zebras, focus peaking, audio monitoring, bitrate control etc etc...
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

micster

'Looks like we can forget ML for 650D.'

Are you mental and also living in a cave? 650D has been constantly improving through dailies and has everything ML has to offer except for audio monitoring - which is a shit, but something that's still being worked on. The 650D gives 720p continuous RAW and MLV with overlays and even over HDMI monitors. There is nothing wrong with it's ML status.

Nautilus

QuoteThe 650D gives 720p continuous RAW
...that has no audio, full of pink dots and limited for a minute or so. It's hardly practical.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

spider

No 720p is not limited to one minute its continuous.
Also you have basic audio metering.

micster

What shite cards are you guys using?! I get continuous 720P MLV. Meaning WITH sound. Pink dots means nothing when shooting MLV, because MLV mystic does chroma smoothing whilst converting to DNGs. Yes, annoying there's no headphone output working yet, but there's still audio levels which is better than standard Canon shooting.

Felipe

The only reason why I have not buy the Canon 70D yet is because Magic Lantern is not available for that model, Have being using ML since 4 years ago.
The 650D version is so reliable that I use it for commercial work, Not MLV or RAW because increasing bit rate works for me, and is a faster workflow
650D-700D

Nautilus

Quote from: Felipe on October 07, 2014, 10:24:17 PM
The only reason why I have not buy the Canon 70D yet is because Magic Lantern is not available for that model, Have being using ML since 4 years ago.
The 650D version is so reliable that I use it for commercial work, Not MLV or RAW because increasing bit rate works for me, and is a faster workflow

Interesting. Because i did not notice any difference by increasing the bitrate from 1.0 to 3.0x. It is still an 8 bit, baked image with limited color correction possibilities to me.

Felipe

That is where high bit rate shines, in color correction.
650D-700D

dan45

Silent shooting is not available.

Will it come in new Versions?

dmilligan

dan45

but why does the flash not works in liveview with analag transmitter? In the other cams, like 70D it works with the original firmware and silent shooting.

Roger2004

Thanks dmilligan, i'll check that.

Can anybody confirm that in video mode, shooting at 24fps, you can only set your shutter to 1/45 (instead of 1/48) ?
It doesn't seems to cause any banding effect though...

LonelyPixel

Hey there, I'd like to try ML for my 650D but I can't find the download. The stable download only includes other models and the Alpha builds point me to this 65-page book. In case there's a hidden download link in it that's more current than from over a year ago when you probably just started things, please let me know.

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Browse Nightly Builds

Audionut

Quote from: Roger2004 on October 21, 2014, 08:47:46 AM
Can anybody confirm that in video mode, shooting at 24fps, you can only set your shutter to 1/45 (instead of 1/48) ?

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/features

SHUTTER_FINE_TUNING

komarga

Hey guys,

I bought the 650D camera two years ago in the faith that ML will be available soon for it. In the meanwhile I am waiting for this for a long time. But I still didnt give up the faith in you guys! Just wanted to let you know guys that I appreciate the work that you put in this and I am sure I am not the only one who support you.

Walter Schulz

I'm running ML on my 650D for more than a year.

Collen

Hi, has anyone installed the latest Nightly Build on their 650D "magiclantern-Nightly.2014Oct07.650D104.zip". I'm new and I want to try ML, but need to know first if the latest build wont damage my Camera (650D). Another thing is do I have to install the Alpha version first then update with the nightly build or the nightly build has the fir file itself?

andy kh

Quote from: Collen on October 30, 2014, 09:09:49 AM
Hi, has anyone installed the latest Nightly Build on their 650D "magiclantern-Nightly.2014Oct07.650D104.zip". I'm new and I want to try ML, but need to know first if the latest build wont damage my Camera (650D). Another thing is do I have to install the Alpha version first then update with the nightly build or the nightly build has the fir file itself?

i always install the latest version. magic lantern has never damaged my camera and im adicted to magic lantern.
5D Mark III - 70D

Collen

Okay cool... will try the latest build.. thanks