Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

Please post memory screenshots and some test results (before and after) here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12528

There were no code changes regarding bitrate, or write speed.

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on July 25, 2014, 04:23:51 AM
Hey mk11174, strong and nice , latest build perfect from start with latest build, Thanks. No issues at all
Also much better general performance ,incresing bit rate UP TO 100 MBS , wow ;)
Glad it is building for you again, not sure about the bitrate speed, I don't know of any improvements since the failed builds, I just added the stibs to get srm-memory going which I believe only helps with raw video, giving you probably double the frames you were able to record before. Just glad its up and running for you, that is the main thing.  :)
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Felipe

Quote from: a1ex on July 25, 2014, 07:04:49 AM
Please post memory screenshots and some test results (before and after) here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12528

There were no code changes regarding bitrate, or write speed.

I don't have a screen shot  from before, but in the July 18 build after adding the volume control module, I don't know if because memory  or what the maximum bit rate was up to 1.5
for various minutes, When I tryed to increase say to 1.6, the recording was able to run  for a few seconds before the buffer filled.
Now with the latest build including the volume control module, I can go up to 2.2 for long recording time giving me a 100 mbs  bit rate and without filling the buffer.

650D-700D

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on July 25, 2014, 12:04:07 PM
Glad it is building for you again, not sure about the bitrate speed, I don't know of any improvements since the failed builds, I just added the stibs to get srm-memory going which I believe only helps with raw video, giving you probably double the frames you were able to record before. Just glad its up and running for you, that is the main thing.  :)
Yes that is fantastic Now I con go up to 2.2 100 mbs for long recording without filling the buffer , also the mentioned issue of the screen shot is gone,
The reason why use high bit rates instead of raw is because my paid workflow , has time limits.
High bit rate gives tremendous possibilities in post
650D-700D

seattler

Just getting started with ML for the first time, and really excited!  I downloaded last night's nightly (7-24-14)...and I'm getting a message that the 'Help" files weren't loaded.  Did I do something wrong?
Thanks...and thanks to the developers for all of your hard work!
650D EOS-M

Walter Schulz

If you get the message after pressing INFO: Help files not included in nightly builds.

seattler

Yes, that is the message that I got.
650D EOS-M

Filmmaker

I am new to the group and interested in running ML on my T4i, can someone please tell me where i can find instructions on how to load and download the latest version. I am also interested to know if i can shoot HDR and RAW Videos. If so where can i find out more information about it. Finally, will it have audio enhancements like the T3I build. Thanks.

Rythmtech

Quote from: seattler on July 25, 2014, 03:22:49 PM
...and I'm getting a message that the 'Help" files weren't loaded.  Did I do something wrong?

You can copy the doc files across from the stable 2.3 build. Just be aware that they are rather dated and some newer features are not yet documented.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
650D | Canon 17-55 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Nifty 50 1.8
---------------------------------------------------------------------

ayoub

Quote from: mk11174 on July 21, 2014, 09:06:57 PM
This is where to get the latest source for your camera http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

And this is the vol64 module https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/700d113/downloads/VOL_64_June_25_2014.zip

After you install ML just copy this module to your card in the ML/ Module folder.

And then once your in the ML menu you have to enable the module in the module menu, then restart your camera and you will find it in the Audio menu in ML, you only have to enable it 1 time and it will work everytime you restart the camera.

I just installed the latest nightly build for my 650D and it has audio meters by defaults ! :)
I installed the vol 64 module as well and it works fine for me.

Big kudos to mk11174 !

I have just one question: now that the audio monitoring works, does the Headphone Monitoring needs a complete rewriting as well or that module can be reused with little tweaking ?

I am asking because I might help (I know C but not some much embedded programming).

Filmmaker

THANK ... for the info. Do you know if the latest build will shoot HDR or RAW Video.

ayoub

Quote from: Filmmaker on July 26, 2014, 02:48:53 PM
THANK ... for the info. Do you know if the latest build will shoot HDR or RAW Video.

It does both.

papkee

Can I get clarification?

I've been told by several people that the rebel line of cameras will never looks as great as other offerings because they do not shoot in true 1080p. I've been told that they shoot in upscaled 720p. Is there truth in this, or were these people just trying to say that a cheap camera is worse than an expensive one?

I've always wondered this because it is apparent in many of my shots that they lack detail and clarity. I've never known for certain because it appears many other videos out there also display this sort of "muddiness" in 650d footage. I don't know if it's just my lense (18-135 stm, a known soft lens) or the internal processing that's caused this.

Thanks,

Patrick
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

Walter Schulz

Are we talking about Canon's h.264 implementation (generating MOV-FIles) or about RAW video achieved by ML devs?

papkee

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 27, 2014, 10:01:59 PM
Are we talking about Canon's h.264 implementation (generating MOV-FIles) or about RAW video achieved by ML devs?

Sorry, I was referring to internal H.264 recording.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

a1ex

Quote from: a1ex on July 25, 2014, 07:04:49 AM

Bump.

Remember that mk11174 doesn't have a 650D, so he couldn't run the built-in tests for SRM memory.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: papkee on July 27, 2014, 11:01:02 PM
Sorry, I was referring to internal H.264 recording.

Quality issues caused by Canon's H.264 implementation had been widely discussed. Please try a search looking for things like
h.264 All-I IPB
h.264 sharpening
h.264 noise reduction
h.264 upscaling
picture style
and come back if there are open questions.
650D (and most other Canon EOS cams) achieve Full-HD by upscaling LV resolution.

Felipe

Quote from: a1ex on July 28, 2014, 09:28:58 AM
Bump.

Remember that mk11174 doesn't have a 650D, so he couldn't run the built-in tests for SRM memory.

Ok I have the screen shot, Do I have to do something before ?
This July 25 version

650D-700D

a1ex

Seems to work. Also run the test from "don't click me".

Felipe

Quote from: a1ex on July 28, 2014, 04:31:53 PM
Seems to work. Also run the test from "don't click me".

Please give 3-4 hours, I have to go out
650D-700D

Walter Schulz

Did "Don't click me" several times.
First three/four sessions crashed when 3rd pic was taken.
Last section allowed me to shoot about 20 pics before crash took place.
After all cases Err70 showed up.

Last session's logs:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-9287089/SRM_crash.zip.html

cRot

Hey Guys!

I need help and answer to my question.

I install ML on 650D on new card for raw record: Kingston SDXC 64GB UHS-I U3 Class 10 - Read 90mbs/Write 80mbs.

If I record to raw, my camera records only 6seconds on 1280x720.

Can anyone help me to so I can to record longer?

thanks

Walter Schulz

Disable all modules, turn Global Draw off and run Card Benchmark from Debug tab. Don't forget to disable standby timer.
You will find a file on card's root after. Convert it to JPEG, upload it to a pic hoster (postimg.org), link it here.
If card looks ok (big block write speed about 40 - 41 MByte/s) you may want to tell us the version you used and which settings.

szilard41

Hi!
I have a question:
It is still present in the RAW video 720p 24fps on the 650D, pink dots? ,the update (Nightly Builds : 2014-07-25)  will resolve your problem?
Thanks!  :)

Felipe

Now again with the August 1 build, the volume control in ML doesn't work , it says Oldapl, can mk11174 update it again  ?
Or will not be compatible with following builds ?
By the way gradual exposure is a fantastic function ,!
650D-700D