Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamersofeden

Quote from: Rewind
You know, this may be never happen.
Your position is strange to say at least. While you are waiting, we are shooting some nice deep-color detailed raw footage and make some killer vids.

Just a couple random screenshots from my tests:

This is how raw footage from 650D looks now.

By the way, 720p is continious, and even a little more, say 1312x736 records on my camera till the card is full.
With the latest SRM memory interface, we've got larger buffers, and now we can shoot nice cinemascope at say 1568x656 for about a minute before skipping, which is far then enough for almost any stage shots.

PDR tool works fine and treats the focusing pixels nicely, it preserves almost all perceptible detail, because important to our eyes green channel is untouched by pink dots.

So what are you waiting for? Jump in!

Hi dude,

As I can see, there is LESS aliasing and moiré when shooting RAW with the latest build, right?
And sorry for being newbie at this, but what does SRM mean?

Thanks in advance!
Canon EOS 650D + Canon EF 50mm 1.8 Mk I + Canon EF-S 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS II + MC Sun Tele-Auto 135mm 2.5
Manfrotto MVH502AH + KS-0 Ballhead + Benro A2970F

Rewind

Quote from: dreamersofeden on July 10, 2014, 07:52:27 AM
As I can see, there is LESS aliasing and moiré when shooting RAW with the latest build, right?
And sorry for being newbie at this, but what does SRM mean?

I'm using VAF filter — I think production work is impossible in most cases without it (on low-end Canon cameras)

You can read about SRM memory interface here

Aborgh

I'm curios to know how you remove the Pink dots on a mac?
Any help?

patpatpat

Hi,

I had some problems with my camera after installing ML, is that allright if I share them here with others?

Cheers

jimmyD30

Quote from: Aborgh on July 10, 2014, 03:03:52 PM
I'm curios to know how you remove the Pink dots on a mac?
Any help?

You need to use an app that removes them, search forum ;D

jimmyD30

Quote from: patpatpat on July 12, 2014, 01:42:03 PM
Hi,

I had some problems with my camera after installing ML, is that allright if I share them here with others?

Cheers

Of course, that's one of the main purposes of this forum :)

mdfaisal

Quote from: papkee on June 20, 2014, 05:08:05 AM
If PDR works for you then yes, otherwise use a1ex's raw2dng_cs2x2_whitefix.exe which removes the pink dots and converts to dng in the same step.

what is the difference between raw2dng_cs2x2, with raw2dng_cs2x2_whitefix?

And in what cases Pink Dot removal will be better than  raw2dng_cs2x2 ?

FredBiddulph

Hello. Can anyone tell me how my ML software on my canon 650D has now got audio levels as it did not last time I used my camera?
Canon 650D, Canon EF-S 18-135mm STM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8.

Felipe

Quote from: FredBiddulph on July 21, 2014, 04:15:41 PM
Hello. Can anyone tell me how my ML software on my canon 650D has now got audio levels as it did not last time I used my camera?

mk11174  provided us a new volume module that works with the latest ML updates, with, an even better no need for a recording 1 second to get the levels, now what you see from start is what records, Thanks a million to mk11174 , However he is with 700D only. Where are you mk11174
650D-700D

FredBiddulph

That was my question. I have audio on my Canon 650D but I have not uploaded any nightly updates, it has just appeared. It is of cause the most fantastic thing to have happened, to see the levels, but how?

Felipe

Quote from: FredBiddulph on July 21, 2014, 04:57:58 PM
That was my question. I have audio on my Canon 650D but I have not uploaded any nightly updates, it has just appeared. It is of cause the most fantastic thing to have happened, to see the levels, but how?

Use the latest ML update with the NEW Volume control from mk11174. It is working right now for me.
Ask mk11174  WHERE TO DOWNLOAD IT
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on July 21, 2014, 04:34:21 PM
mk11174  provided us a new volume module that works with the latest ML updates, with, an even better no need for a recording 1 second to get the levels, now what you see from start is what records, Thanks a million to mk11174 , However he is with 700D only. Where are you mk11174
Hey, is the vol level module ok with your camera and the newest source, if not I will be happy to update it with the latest source.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on July 21, 2014, 07:00:11 PM
Hey, is the vol level module ok with your camera and the newest source, if not I will be happy to update it with the latest source.

Hey what's up. The latest source is fine with the vol level module you posted few days ago at 700D Thread, It works with the 650D , I mean it works great.
However after turning off the camera for more than 20 hours or so, when turning it on shows perfect the ML Screen but when I try to go into ML Menu it shows the
ML Version and at the second press trying to go into ML Menu it comes back to ML Screen , In order to be able to go to ML Menu I have to half press down the camera shutter and then
the trash icon to be able to go into the ML Menu and then it works perfect, for any amount of hours, until Is turned off for more than 20 hours or so, then the cycle repeats.
Is a little issue , I don't know if you can fix it, and Thank you in advance
650D-700D

FredBiddulph

Hello mk11174.

Can you please tell me where I can download the latest update for my Canon 650D. Although I have the audio update but have not downloaded it from anywhere.

If you could explain how that has happened I would be most pleased.

mk11174

Quote from: FredBiddulph on July 21, 2014, 08:08:30 PM
Hello mk11174.

Can you please tell me where I can download the latest update for my Canon 650D. Although I have the audio update but have not downloaded it from anywhere.

If you could explain how that has happened I would be most pleased.
This is where to get the latest source for your camera http://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

And this is the vol64 module https://bitbucket.org/mk11174/700d113/downloads/VOL_64_June_25_2014.zip

After you install ML just copy this module to your card in the ML/ Module folder.

And then once your in the ML menu you have to enable the module in the module menu, then restart your camera and you will find it in the Audio menu in ML, you only have to enable it 1 time and it will work everytime you restart the camera.

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on July 21, 2014, 07:20:11 PM
Hey what's up. The latest source is fine with the vol level module you posted few days ago at 700D Thread, It works with the 650D , I mean it works great.
However after turning off the camera for more than 20 hours or so, when turning it on shows perfect the ML Screen but when I try to go into ML Menu it shows the
ML Version and at the second press trying to go into ML Menu it comes back to ML Screen , In order to be able to go to ML Menu I have to half press down the camera shutter and then
the trash icon to be able to go into the ML Menu and then it works perfect, for any amount of hours, until Is turned off for more than 20 hours or so, then the cycle repeats.
Is a little issue , I don't know if you can fix it, and Thank you in advance
Hmm, that sounds like something with the source, so this is the latest nightly that has this glitch? Doesn't sound like something I would be able to fix, hopefully the one who ported that camera will look into it if it is something that can be done every time, than it is probably fixable.

FredBiddulph

Brilliant. I will be after buying one of those Sescom cables now to monitor the audio.

Thanks you are a clever dude.

FredBiddulph

Oops!

I tried the link and it asked me to 'select your platform' and the lettering went red and nothing else happened.

Felipe

Quote from: FredBiddulph on July 21, 2014, 09:24:52 PM
Oops!

I tried the link and it asked me to 'select your platform' and the lettering went red and nothing else happened.

Choose the one before to the latest, And you can not monitor audio yet from ML, or during recording only on playback as you normally do with Canon native software
650D-700D

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on July 21, 2014, 09:11:01 PM
Hmm, that sounds like something with the source, so this is the latest nightly that has this glitch? Doesn't sound like something I would be able to fix, hopefully the one who ported that camera will look into it if it is something that can be done every time, than it is probably fixable.
Yes, don't know if that is how, now from the start the meters give the right reading, in such case the issue is not an issue, since it is the new mechanic.
Thanks again.
650D-700D

Rythmtech

Quote from: FredBiddulph on July 21, 2014, 09:24:52 PM

I have the same problem using Firefox browser, but if I use IE (or IE-Tab add-on in FF), it works ok.... but having said that, I also use FF on my computer at the office (same as home with Windows7) but it works ok there ... Go figure. :-\

---------------------------------------------------------------------
650D | Canon 17-55 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Nifty 50 1.8
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Felipe

Yes something wrong , since like one week or longer always  This Build Failed!
650D-700D

mk11174

Quote from: Felipe on July 24, 2014, 06:44:06 PM
Yes something wrong , since like one week or longer always  This Build Failed!
I submitted the srm-memory stubs for your camera, if they are accepted that should solve the build issue.

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on July 24, 2014, 08:26:16 PM
I submitted the srm-memory stubs for your camera, if they are accepted that should solve the build issue.

Great, Thanks a lot, as soon as they are available will let you know how it goes
650D-700D

Felipe

Quote from: mk11174 on July 24, 2014, 08:26:16 PM

Hey mk11174, strong and nice , latest build perfect from start with latest build, Thanks. No issues at all
Also much better general performance ,incresing bit rate UP TO 100 MBS , wow ;)
650D-700D