Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papkee

I've experienced similar issues to this. I've also had problems with zebras on my ikan.
EOS 650D, a bunch of random lenses & adapters

glassescreditsroll

Is there at all any possible way to get faster photos like shutter actuations I guess? During liveview?

Walter Schulz

Nyte

Quote from: davegravy on May 24, 2014, 09:15:43 PM
I'm investigating purchasing an external monitor, so I plugged my 650d into one of my desktop 1080p monitors to see what it was like.

(I apologize if any of this is covered already - I've read this thread in dribs and drabs over the last long while and don't remember any issues with HDMI, and the forum offers no way to search specific threads so I keep finding HDMI issues relating to the 5dIII)

Here's what I found:

1) Canon preview mode gives incorrect framing. Greyscale ML and HaCkED don't appear to work.
2) Focus peaking - a bar of peaking dots appears across the bottom third of the screen independent of what's in focus
3) covering the light sensor to activate arrow keys stops working
4) RAW playback isn't full screen and gives random pink/green/blue/red noise in the bars above&below.

Please take this as a bug report not a complaint.

I'm thinking I'll still spring for the monitor since focus peaking isn't really critical once your screen is larger, and I might be able to make a custom framing cropmark to frame the image properly (addressing #1). #3 is just a mild annoyance.

Cheers,

Dave

Pink dots in RAW is a well known bug, you can fix that by using PinkDotRemover. You're welcome.
Canon 650D/T4i - Nifty Fifty/Plastic Fantastic

davegravy

Quote from: Nyte on May 27, 2014, 10:31:04 AM
Pink dots in RAW is a well known bug, you can fix that by using PinkDotRemover. You're welcome.

Just to be clear, my post was about artifacts in live view on an external monitor during recording. I'm well aware of the methods available to remove focus pixels in post-processing.

glassescreditsroll

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 26, 2014, 10:02:12 PM
Load SILENT.MO and give it a try.
yeah this isn't at all what I meant I actually hate silent mode becuase it gives you dng wich we all know are pain to work with coming out of this cam with the pink dots and all also with the whole file directory thing plus I use custom picture styles and with silent mode the phots come out completely raw / no profile/pink dots/no white balance. What I'm looking for is a way to snap photos like I. Without live view as in when I use the view finder but while using live view is there anything?
Oh on another note I know shooting raw lets us choose custom aspect ratios but I sthere a way to do this for photo mode? I kno we could just crop in post but that would diminish quality so I don't feel like its bad to ask

Phillips321

Hi guys,

Where are the nightly 650d builds held? Or a reliable working version with some of the latest features. On my version if i enabled movie crop, then go back to photo mode i can't take a photo.

Thanks

spider

blade

Quote from: Phillips321 on June 07, 2014, 11:36:15 PM
Hi guys,

Where are the nightly 650d builds held? Or a reliable working version with some of the latest features. On my version if i enabled movie crop, then go back to photo mode i can't take a photo.

Thanks

https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

Rythmtech

Quotehttps://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/

Build page broken? The drop-down selector on this page seems to be not working.  :-[
---------------------------------------------------------------------
650D | Canon 17-55 2.8 | Tamron 70-200 2.8 | Nifty 50 1.8

Rythmtech

...also, on another note...(pun intended) ;)... I seem to be having battery drain issues when the camera is not being used. Two different batteries each last about 3-4 days and then are flat. Anyone else notice this?

a1ex

Troubleshooting for battery: turn your camera off, and back on. If it works, there should be no battery drain. If it doesn't, there will be.

Double-check with a multimeter.

Rythmtech

Quote from: a1ex on June 09, 2014, 09:09:18 AM
Troubleshooting for battery: turn your camera off, and back on. If it works, there should be no battery drain. If it doesn't, there will be.

Double-check with a multimeter.

Thanks Alex, but I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying here...obviously if I turn it on the and it works the battery is ok, but what I'm saying is that it won't turn on and is completely flat, after leaving the camera switched off with a fully charged battery, in about 3-4 days and only works if I change to another charged battery.

a1ex

If you (or anyone else) can measure the current drawn by the camera, can reproduce this problem (that is, the current is nonzero after turning off the camera), and confirms the problem does not exist without ML, I can troubleshoot it from there.

I assume you did not remove the card too fast after powering off.

Rythmtech

Quote from: a1ex on June 09, 2014, 11:33:13 AM
If you (or anyone else) can measure the current drawn by the camera, can reproduce this problem (that is, the current is nonzero after turning off the camera), and confirms the problem does not exist without ML, I can troubleshoot it from there.

I assume you did not remove the card too fast after powering off.

No, I always wait for the Red light to stop flashing for a few seconds. (I learnt that the hard way!  :o)

I've just removed my card with ML on it. I'll see how that goes over the next few days. Do you think there would be anything with the boot flag being enabled that could cause this? (That would be the next step I suppose...?)

Cheers.

Walter Schulz

As long as there is no data for the current going from battery to cam (or not) with ML installed it is futile to speculate about an issue that hasn't been established to be an issue.

Felipe

650D-700D

Walter Schulz

Have you measured or is this just your experience?

jaegersing

My batteries usually work fine even after weeks inside the switched off camera. But I have also had experience of two batteries dropping voltage rapidly after I switch on the camera (not really related to being stored in the camera), and these turned out to be faulty batteries (not Canon original).

Since it's not really very easy to connect a multimeter to measure current drain, I would suggest charging the suspect battery, use the camera with that battery inside, and see how long it takes to discharge. That should tell you if it is a battery problem.

Richard

glassescreditsroll

Is it at all possible to somehow get double exposure on 650d like the 5dmkIII?

Rythmtech

Quote from: jaegersing on June 10, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

Since it's not really very easy to connect a multimeter to measure current drain, I would suggest charging the suspect battery, use the camera with that battery inside, and see how long it takes to discharge. That should tell you if it is a battery problem.

It has me perplexed  as I've had this issue with two batteries. The original Canon one and a 3rd party one bought just recently...maybe they're both faulty???

Walter Schulz

Sorry, nothing has changened.
No hard data -> Not reproduceable -> Speculations -> Back to line one.

glassescreditsroll

Any updates on how the coding of the audio chip is going?

blade

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro