Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cinecine

A personal question. I had installed the magic lantern. It was working, deleted the card. And now I put the files and does not work. What should I do to get back to work?

Walter Schulz

You have to make the card bootable again. You may use EOScard utility (on PC) or run the installation procedure (firmware update) from cam's menu again.

cnoevl21

So I just installed the Alpha version for my 650d, but for some reason there is no RAW video option. I go to the movie tab and theres just no RAW video option at all. Did I do something wrong? Do you need to add something separate for RAW video option?

Walter Schulz

You have to use a recent nightly build.
Modules tab -> activate MLV_REC.MO or RAW_REC.MO. Restart cam and access movie tab. Configure RAW options as needed (and suitable to the card's speed/resolution/recording time).

blade

eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

glassescreditsroll

mk11174

Quote from: glassescreditsroll on April 17, 2014, 04:20:39 PM
what are those? Are these builds with monitoring??
No, just the start of the coding of the audio chip.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

glassescreditsroll

Quote from: mk11174 on April 17, 2014, 04:24:52 PM
No, just the start of the coding of the audio chip.
ok yeah I clicked on it and it's a whole lot of stuff I don't know about aha but this is good right this is what we've needed? Coding the audio chip can get us real meters and monitoring and stuff like that? I'm not asking for it I'm just wondering if all this code is what was needed to possibly bring these things

Nautilus

Quote from: glassescreditsroll on April 17, 2014, 04:28:27 PM
ok yeah I clicked on it and it's a whole lot of stuff I don't know about aha but this is good right this is what we've needed? Coding the audio chip can get us real meters and monitoring and stuff like that? I'm not asking for it I'm just wondering if all this code is what was needed to possibly bring these things

Correct me if i am wrong but i think this will bring us headphone monitoring, wav recording, mlv sound recording and all other audio features avaliable for other cameras.
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

mk11174

Quote from: Nautilus on April 18, 2014, 12:27:36 AM
Correct me if i am wrong but i think this will bring us headphone monitoring, wav recording, mlv sound recording and all other audio features avaliable for other cameras.
Already have mlv_sound recording, but yeah, once this chip is finished being coded, it should bring most of the audio features into ML.
500D/T1i  550D/T2i  600D/T3i  700D/T5i

andy kh

Quote from: mk11174 on April 18, 2014, 01:01:35 AM
Already have mlv_sound recording, but yeah, once this chip is finished being coded, it should bring most of the audio features into ML.

this camera will be great with audio features
5D Mark III - 70D

kdcats

Hello all !

I'm just trying to know if there is any news about the mirroring with the clean HDMI output ?
I consider using t4i in live production but can't find out if this option has evolved...
Does anyone know ?

Thanks !

Sssmmt

Hi, I had the first alpha ML on 650d and updated it to the latest nightly today (Nightly.2014.Apr23.650D104),
but it seems to me that I can't get global drawings to work on play mode by holding play button anymore. Am I doing something wrong?

Using Tapatalk

nanomad

IIRC You need to set Image review to "HOLD" from canon menu, overlays will then appear after taking a picture. If in doubt, make sure to clear the old ML config you have on the camera then go through ML menus to check how to enable them (the help text should guide you)
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

Sssmmt

Quote from: nanomad on April 23, 2014, 05:34:06 PM
IIRC You need to set Image review to "HOLD" from canon menu, overlays will then appear after taking a picture. If in doubt, make sure to clear the old ML config you have on the camera then go through ML menus to check how to enable them (the help text should guide you)

Thanks for the response.
I set the settings correctly, the global drawings show up after taking a photo, there's nothing wrong with that, but there's no way to retrigger draws after dismissing the quick review to check clippings, focus etc.
I used to be able to trigger it by holding play button whenever reviewing a photo in play mode, at any zoom level, not just after taking it.
Now nothing triggers when I hold play button, it just returns to main screen.
I hope I am clear, if not I can clear it up even more.
I would gladly stay on the older version, but then I would have to give up on quick erase and a few other feature that is fixed on new versions.
Using Tapatalk

Felipe

Place to share my latest experience with audio meters and volume module, Working fine as long as bit rate don't go over 1.8 , on 90 read , 45 write delkin card.
Module 64 levels.
650D-700D

dsagilles

Hi guys,

Here is a new RAW Video I've made using .MLV Format on my 650d, using the April 22 Alpha built.

Canon 650d |  Sigma 18-200 II DC OS HSM | Auto-Chinon 50mm f/1.9 | Minolta 35-70mm
DSLR Videos, photos and tutorials on http://www.gna-productions.com

cnoevl21

I'm using the 4/16 nightly. What do I have to do to gain usage of external flash? There is some error message when I try to use it.

Edit: So I kinda got my external flash to work. First, I had to put it on manual. I guess ttl will not work. But, even in manual it was hit or miss whether it would flash or not. It seemed like I would only flash on every other picture taken...weird.

Felipe

Quote from: cnoevl21 on April 29, 2014, 02:40:40 AM
I'm using the 4/16 nightly. What do I have to do to gain usage of external flash? There is some error message when I try to use it.

Yes it happens will be great if possible, and one of my cameras, de SL1 ( 100D), Do it, I mean fires external strobes in live view so  it is possible in that camera .
650D-700D

cnoevl21

Think we'll get the dual ISO thing on a future nightly for this camera?

glassescreditsroll

Quote from: cnoevl21 on April 29, 2014, 11:43:24 PM
tonight's nightly

Rewind

Quote from: cnoevl21 on April 29, 2014, 11:43:24 PM

What do you mean? Dual ISO works for 650D for at least half a year both for photo and video modes.

cnoevl21

Quote from: Rewind on April 30, 2014, 07:20:21 AM
What do you mean? Dual ISO works for 650D for at least half a year both for photo and video modes.

I'm sorry. I'm new to ML. Thought I read that it only worked on 5d3 and 7d. But I see it on my 650d. though it doesnt seem to work very well, but im sure im doing something wrong.

spider

Dual ISO does not work very well on 650D