Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amp650d

Hi, venture. Thanks for your answer. When you said "covering", did you mean cover the lcd at all?, or just touch it? I´m using the build with audio meters from mk11174 from the january the 30, but i´ve tried before with early builds with no success. Audio is working fine (for me) in this build. Do you think it is going to be in nightly builds soon? Thanks.

venture

Touching the sensor or placing my hand in front of it seems to work fine. I would highly recommend downloading the latest nightly and trying everything again. A lot has changed in the last couple of weeks.
650D/T4i | EF-S 18-135 IS STM | EF 50 f/1.8 mk1 | 55-250

a1ex

Quote from: venture on February 17, 2014, 05:56:39 AM
2) For GlobalDraw = "On, all modes" and  Image Review = "Canon/Mnu:Hold-> PLAY":
In Play mode, exposure tools overlay (zebra, histogram, etc.) appears only on alternating shots taken.

Seems to be 650D-specific (can't reproduce on my cameras). A video might provide some clues about what's going on.

perkaer

Quote from: a1ex on February 17, 2014, 04:03:55 PM
Seems to be 650D-specific (can't reproduce on my cameras). A video might provide some clues about what's going on.

I can reproduce this behavior on a 650D with the most recent build. I made a small video:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2244215/only_overlay_on_every_second_shot.mov

And thx for looking into the missing overlay on 650D/700D :)

Per

a1ex

Well, I'm afraid somebody with coding skills should trace the flow of events. First, make sure trigger_zebras_for_qr gets called (you can use a beep, a NotifyBox, a printf, some LED blinks or whatever you feel confortable with. The make sure the event arrives at livev_playback_toggle (if it gets lost on its way, find out where exactly). Then make sure draw_livev_for_playback is starting, and make sure it's not returning early for who knows what reason.

These are the troubleshooting steps I would follow; expect it to take from 1-2 minutes to half an hour (depending on luck and skills).

amp650d

Quote from: venture on February 17, 2014, 03:52:14 PM
Touching the sensor or placing my hand in front of it seems to work fine. I would highly recommend downloading the latest nightly and trying everything again. A lot has changed in the last couple of weeks.

Well. With the last nightly build from february 18, shortcuts still doesn´t working for me. Maybe i don´t know which is or where is the sensor i should cover or touch it to shortcuts works. Does someone may help me?, please. Thanks in advance.

venture

The sensor is a dark square on the back, just below the flash hotshoe and above the viewfinder....

amp650d

Quote from: venture on February 18, 2014, 04:34:22 PM
The sensor is a dark square on the back, just below the flash hotshoe and above the viewfinder....

OK!! It works fine. Awesome. Thank you very much.

Nyte

Is anyone using the 2014-02-19 03:54:51 nightly build ? What are the advantages over the 2.3 stable ?
Canon 650D/T4i - Nifty Fifty/Plastic Fantastic

Walter Schulz

Nyte

My bad I mean the Alpha. This exact Alpha, on the 1.0.4 firmware.

Walter Schulz

If your question is "Is there any advantage staying on alpha (Build file magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Aug03.650D104.zip) instead going nightly?" my answer would be:
Yes, you won't have to learn all the functions added since.

If you want to know all the differences: You leave the answer to others. I'm not a code historian. One way to find out would be browsing the commit logs.
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/commits

Ciao
Walter

Nyte

Thanks, but I'm just going to wait and see if anyone's actually using a nightly build on the 650D over the Alpha one. Interested in feedback.

Walter Schulz

You may want to wait for someone answering who is *not* using nightly builds. ;-)
There is indeed a group you haven't in mind, yet: Those running on the darker side, compiling their own stuff.

Nyte

Well, yes. Any user feedback is welcome. And yes I do realize there are people doing their own ML mods...but yeah :)

Walter Schulz

To the forum:
If you're using 2013Aug13: Drop a line, please!

nanomad

Why would you use such an outdated version? There's no reason not to update
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

davegravy

Quote from: nanomad on February 19, 2014, 09:58:37 PM
Why would you use such an outdated version? There's no reason not to update

There may be one exception... I just moved to the nightly from the stable August version.

As far as I can tell the Stable August version has the advantage that PinkDotRemover (PDR) v0.8 works successfully on the footage, while the nightlies do not. For nightlies one must use raw2dng cs2x2 to remove focus dots, which Rewind points out is not as good an approach as PDR (my limited understanding:  targeted pixel interpolation in PDR versus blanket chroma smoothing in raw2dng). To my less discerning eye, raw2dng is fine except when there's heavily overexposed areas of the image.

Improvements in the nightlies I've found are:

* slightly increased realized SD card write speeds, meaning higher resolution you can record at continuously.
* crop mode
* dual ISO mode (haven't really used it yet though)

I'm sure there's more but I've only been using ML for about a week and had an interest in serious video recording for about the same amount time.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: davegravy on February 19, 2014, 10:31:36 PM
There may be one exception... I just moved to the nightly from the stable.

Again: There is no stable ML version for 650D.

nanomad

Quote from: a1ex on February 17, 2014, 04:03:55 PM

Fix pushed, but zebras are still broken if you use Quickreview HOLD->play feature
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

venture

Amazing...Thanks a lot, nanomad.

Just tested the latest build (Feb 20, 2014) and it works great in Photo or Liveview modes. Zebra and Histogram appear consistently now after each shot. Seems to work fine in Quickreview HOLD->PLAY mode as well.

Thanks again. This makes exposure checking and quick zooming for focus check so much faster...

Ardaburak

Hi, is there anyone who can list major features still missing like sound features etc? Last edit of 1st post is  october so. I'm not being lazy here just wondering if there's anything I have missed, reading through more than 40 pages.

Sorry for bothering and thanks, really.
650D /18-55 IS Kit Lens / Helios 44m-6 mc f/2 58mm

venture

Nyte

quick question time - can we do Multiple Exposure shots in-camera with the T4i ?

Walter Schulz