Canon 650D / T4i

Started by nanomad, August 03, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

demetrisag

I've just noticed that the recording stops after the first 4GB, Somehow after its finishing the *.raw file and starts writting the *.r00 everything become messed up. The buffering changes and it stops.

djtwinz

Quote from: demetrisag on October 01, 2013, 08:15:39 PM
I've just noticed that the recording stops after the first 4GB, Somehow after its finishing the *.raw file and starts writting the *.r00 everything become messed up. The buffering changes and it stops.
The maximum possible size for a file on a FAT32 volume is 4 GiB
That maybe the problem..

demetrisag

though that info doesnt help.. is this a bug or something?

spider

It is a limitation of fat32
Solution is using exfat.

demetrisag

Thanks spider :) will try that first thing tomorrow!

lucawen

the audio function will be available soon?
650D + 18-55mm ( KIT ) + 70-300mm Sigma + 70-200 Canon IS II

jeffadkins51

Quote from: lucawen on October 03, 2013, 01:56:59 AM
the audio function will be available soon?

That's generally considered a "troll" question, it'll be ready whenever it's ready, which will depend on if it can be done at all, how much time they guys working on this take away from their families and lives to pour into the program, how many errors and problems they encounter, and about 100 other variables. It's really impossible to say if you think about it... It'll be ready when it's ready  ;)

midnite

Jokemeister

Hi avramidis3d, from what I've read there are many sources of flicker and one of them is inconsistencies in the physical movement of the the aperture blades in your lens because each time your camera takes a photo it goes from fully open to whatever aperture you've set. There are also changes in lighting that might cause flicker etc. etc. I've started using LRTimelapse software to deflicker and it's been the only way I've managed to create a half decent timelapse no matter what I did when shooting. The free version lets you process up to 400 images in a single set. It's easy to use but it is designed to have Lightroom in the workflow. The main function is to smooth out your exposures to eliminate (significantly deminish) flicker.

delorossa

Quote from: mymate on September 20, 2013, 06:13:44 PM
Format your card with fat32 then extract this zip file into the root of your memory card.

http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Aug03.650D104.zip

Then format card again and download latest nightly into root of your card.

i dont understand this....i format my SD Card, put the files what is in the zip File of 3 August 2013 is,and then i format after that again the SD Card, and then i put the Files what is in the Nightly???????

WHY can i not put directly the Nightlys into the SD Card.

PLEASE make a good Tutorial for that when u give us Nightlys,....and please explain me how can i use a 128 GB Card....thx

newsense

Quote from: delorossa on October 03, 2013, 02:18:38 PM
i dont understand this....i format my SD Card, put the files what is in the zip File of 3 August 2013 is,and then i format after that again the SD Card, and then i put the Files what is in the Nightly???????

PLEASE make a good Tutorial for that when u give us Nightlys,....and please explain me how can i use a 128 GB Card....thx

Don't format the card after you put the august 3rd files on the SD. Copy the August 3rd files to the SD than copy the nightly files and select overwrite all.

dngrhm

Quote from: delorossa on October 03, 2013, 02:18:38 PM

You only need the 2013Aug03 zip for setting the bootflag on your camera.  If that is done, you want to only use the nightly build.  Delete the previous build off of the SD card before putting a new one on.  Do not just overwrite the previous folder.

For the 128GB card...
- format the card with exFat (this is OS specific how to do it.  Use Disk Utility on Mac. If you don't know how to format a card ask specifically for that mentioning OS or better yet google it)
- Set the bootflag on the SD card using EOSCard, MacBoot, ... (search the forum if you are unfamiliar with how to do that)
- Download the nightly
  - Click "Home Page" on top of this page
  - Click "Downloads" at the top of that page
  - Scroll down to and click on "Browse Nightly Builds"
  - Select 650D.104 for the platform (Your camera should be running Canon 1.0.4 firmware)
  - Click "Download"
- Extract the zip file once downloaded
- Move the ML folder and autoexec.bat files to the top-level directory of the newly formatted 128GB SD card
- Insert SD card into 650D
- Turn on 650D
- Push Trashcan button for ML menu
- Select appropriate menu options (too many to list)
- Push Trashcan button to exit ML menu
- press Info button a few times until ML overlays show up
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

delorossa

Quote from: dngrhm on October 03, 2013, 05:04:55 PM
You only need the 2013Aug03 zip for setting the bootflag on your camera.  If that is done, you want to only use the nightly build.  Delete the previous build off of the SD card before putting a new one on.  Do not just overwrite the previous folder.

For the 128GB card...
- format the card with exFat (this is OS specific how to do it.  Use Disk Utility on Mac. If you don't know how to format a card ask specifically for that mentioning OS or better yet google it)
- Set the bootflag on the SD card using EOSCard, MacBoot, ... (search the forum if you are unfamiliar with how to do that)
- Download the nightly
  - Select 650D.104 for the platform (Your camera should be running Canon 1.0.4 firmware)
  - Click "Download"
- Move the ML folder and autoexec.bat files to the top-level directory of the newly formatted 128GB SD card
- Turn on 650D

thx but i have installed ML so

16GB

1. i Download the
http://nanomad.magiclantern.fm/650D/magiclantern-v2.3.NEXT.2013Aug03.650D104.zip

2. then i format SD card in low level (in the Cam 650D)

3. then i put the Card to my computer

4. Run EOSCard, i uncheck EOS_Develop and BOOTDISK

5. then i put the Files " from 3 August 2013" and drop it into my SD CARD (16GB) and then i install 1.0.4 ( the installation worked)

128GB

1. i put the 128Gb card into my Computer and i formated the Card
2. then i run EOSCard and then i did click on EOS_DEVELOP and BOOTDISK (is the 2 clicks a Bootflag what u mean???)
3. and then i took the files from the first SD CARD (16GB)  and did put into the 128GB Card,then I took the last Nightly Files and Overrirde about the old Files (from 3.August2013), and then back to Cam,and i worked,and it sometimes lagged.....

This Steps i dont understand,because my English is not very well....When we have here a German USER ,please answer me here,or send me a PM.thx

6. Start camera in M photo mode and reset settings to default. (i dont understand this)
what i must reset,and where????
7. Extract the contents of the installation zip on SD card. (i dont understand this)
What it means? the NIGHTLYs or what???
8. Start camera in M photo mode and run firmware update. This will run the ML setup and make your card bootable too. (i dont understand this)
9. Follow the on-screen instructions  (i dont understand this)

When i look the Tutorial in youtube as example this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U0SRqXkg_Q its show so much different,and nobody explain me/us the STEPS from 6 to 9

and please, much people downloads youtube Videos or Pictures,but no explain us, how or where we can change DUAL ISO or Raw Video etc......There is no "short" Tutorials about Video Settings,Images Settings, Dual ISO ,or RAW Video etc.

Sorry i must deinstalled Magic lantern,because is to complicated for me in English.I got in this 20 minutes to much headache from the Settings in ML.....and the HDR videos dont work, its flickering,and i have no Time to proceed the Videos  and sit for my Computer 30 minutes......

but thx for the Hard Works,and maybee what i dont believe, we have someone that translate ML in German.......

Regards

dngrhm

Quote from: delorossa on October 03, 2013, 06:10:08 PM

thx but i have installed ML so

16GB

1. i Download the

2. then i format SD card in low level (in the Cam 650D)

3. then i put the Card to my computer

4. Run EOSCard, i uncheck EOS_Develop and BOOTDISK

5. then i put the Files " from 3 August 2013" and drop it into my SD CARD (16GB) and then i install 1.0.4 ( the installation worked)

128GB

1. i put the 128Gb card into my Computer and i formated the Card
2. then i run EOSCard and then i did click on EOS_DEVELOP and BOOTDISK (is the 2 clicks a Bootflag what u mean???)
3. and then i took the files from the first SD CARD (16GB)  and did put into the 128GB Card,then I took the last Nightly Files and Overrirde about the old Files (from 3.August2013), and then back to Cam,and i worked,and it sometimes lagged.....

This Steps i dont understand,because my English is not very well....When we have here a German USER ,please answer me here,or send me a PM.thx

6. Start camera in M photo mode and reset settings to default. (i dont understand this)
what i must reset,and where????
7. Extract the contents of the installation zip on SD card. (i dont understand this)
What it means? the NIGHTLYs or what???
8. Start camera in M photo mode and run firmware update. This will run the ML setup and make your card bootable too. (i dont understand this)
9. Follow the on-screen instructions  (i dont understand this)

When i look the Tutorial in youtube as example this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U0SRqXkg_Q its show so much different,and nobody explain me/us the STEPS from 6 to 9

and please, much people downloads youtube Videos or Pictures,but no explain us, how or where we can change DUAL ISO or Raw Video etc......There is no "short" Tutorials about Video Settings,Images Settings, Dual ISO ,or RAW Video etc.

Sorry i must deinstalled Magic lantern,because is to complicated for me in English.I got in this 20 minutes to much headache from the Settings in ML.....and the HDR videos dont work, its flickering,and i have no Time to proceed the Videos  and sit for my Computer 30 minutes......

but thx for the Hard Works,and maybee what i dont believe, we have someone that translate ML in German.......

Regards
If ML is working with the 16GB card, you do not need steps 6-9.  Steps 6-9 are only needed to make the camera look for something to run on the SD card.  I will try to answer your questions stated but you shouldn't need them

6. that means to set the dial to Manual (M) and turn the switch from off to photo (not video) Then go into Canon menu and find the options to reset the Canon settings to default (wrench3 or 4 maybe)
7. Extract the contents of the 2013Aug03 zip to the SD card (you shouldn't need to do this except for initial install)
8. set the dial to Manual (M) and turn the switch from off to photo (not video) Then in the Canon menu do a firmware update (DO NOT do this with the 128 card)
9. The previous step (step 8 ) will result in some instructions on the screen.  Follow the instructions.

HDR videos should flicker. HDR video records alternating bright and dark frames.  playing back as a normal video will give a strobe effect.  post processing merges frame pairs (1&2, 3&4, ...) giving the HDR.

When you update to the nightly build, delete the previous install (ML directory and autoexec.bat) first.  Then move the new build (ML directory and autoexec.bat) over to the SD card.
EOS 650D + 620 | Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM + 55-250mm f/4-5.6 | Canon EF 50mm f/1.8
Mac OS 10.9 | PinkDotRemoval Tool | RAWMagic | DaVinci Resolve | FCP X

newsense

Quote from: dngrhm on October 03, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

For the 128GB card...
- Download the nightly
  - Click "Download"
- Turn on 650D

I didn't run diff on the the dir so i'm not sure if any other files are missing but the nightlies I ran were missing the doc files which is why I used overrwrite.

Nautilus

Reporting a potential bug

I have a Class 10 SDHC card which says it can write and read up to 20MB/s. So I tested CBR modes today and starting from 1.2x to 3.0x I couldn't notice any difference and when I checked the bitrate of the files, I saw that CBR settings doesn't actually cause any effect on the video. A video shot with CBR 3.0x settings has roughly same bitrate and filesize as CBR 2.0X or 1.0x

Can anybody test and confirm this?

ALSO

All I have to play with is the CBR. Where is the VBR (Qscale) mode on 650D? I couldn't find it anywhere.
Thanks in advance.

OK I had to press Q. Got it...
Canon 650D w/18-55 Kit lens | Sigma 30mm f1.4 | CarrySpeed VF-4 Viewfinder | Rode VideoMic Pro | Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head + MVT502AM Tripod System

Rewind

Quote from: Nautilus on October 04, 2013, 04:24:45 PM
Reporting a potential bug

False alarm. Results from latest nightly (x1 vs x2.4 CBR)

spider

You need to shoot something with a lot of detail. Only this will produce higher bitrates.

kazeone

Did my question get deleted? WTF it was a valid question with the previous comments having issues with 128gb cards, I was wondering if the card I was looking at would work fine with the 650D and ML.... ~_~

spider

I never read anything about real problems with 128GB cards.

delorossa

Oh my God :-X I have made a video ​​in HDR (not more than 2 min).After that , I just click in HDR WORKLFLOW FILE "main" Virtual Dub need 1 Hour and now at the End of Virtual Dub ,he need more than 1 hour  to Filter or convert the images to C....is that a Joke????

blade

Quote from: delorossa on October 04, 2013, 09:30:41 PM
Oh my God :-X I have made a video ​​in HDR (not more than 2 min).After that , I just click in HDR WORKLFLOW FILE "main" Virtual Dub need 1 Hour and now at the End of Virtual Dub ,he need more than 1 hour  to Filter or convert the images to C....is that a Joke????

It made me laugh....   

If you think you can improve on the workflow you used, feel free to contribute.
eos400D :: eos650D  :: Sigma 18-200 :: Canon 100mm macro

davidtlong

Hi all,

Well, I am ready to take the heat for being naive on this. 

This weekend I finally had a chance to play and wanted to do a full minute of raw and blend in surround sound (new recorder  :)).  Up until now I have been doing 10 sec clips.  Unfortunately I could not do continuous raw recording at 1280 x 720 at 16:9.

The message at the bottom says 36.8 MB/s  is needed (yellow text). I get about 700 frames before it stops.  If I change settings to 1152x648 16:9 or change the aspect ratio of the 1280 I can get the "green" continuous recording, which is obviously lower that the 720p. 

I believe I have the camera settings ok unless someone can advise.  I have two cards.  One is a SanDisk Extreme 80mb/s 8 gig class 10 (I got this before I realized this was over kill for the T4i) and a San Disk Extreme 45 MB/s class 10 64 gig.  Neither works for continuous raw recording at 1280 x 720 at 16:9. 

So is my camera a lemon or have I missed something?

I appreciate any insights.

dave

juzza

Where did you buy your cards?  If it was from Ebay or the like then you might have fake ones.

Obviously we all have the same camera and I also have a San Disk Extreme 45 MB/s class 10 64 gig and I can record 1280 x 720 without a problem.  I purchased my card from Amazon so I know it is legit.

davidtlong

Quote from: juzza on October 06, 2013, 11:39:39 PM
Where did you buy your cards?  If it was from Ebay or the like then you might have fake ones.

Obviously we all have the same camera and I also have a San Disk Extreme 45 MB/s class 10 64 gig and I can record 1280 x 720 without a problem.  I purchased my card from Amazon so I know it is legit.

Amazon for me too.