HOW TO: A guide to installing ML on the 7D with recent features

Started by Pileot, August 03, 2013, 09:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gallier35

i have try to activate dual iso then new start. but i think my camera is not ready tor this, i din ´t found booton.bsdiff
but i found another..i have make the firmware.fir  but the system told me the firmare is older ...
i have input the D7_203.fir, then the camera start and tell me the dual iso is not load...
:( i will be read again all the comment i think here is the solution..
than you merci
and happy new year 2014

server again online
http://pel.hu/ML/booton.bsdiff

now is running well  ;D :-* :) ;D ;D ;D ;D

BushanBengaluru

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 06, 2014, 08:25:37 PM
Yes! Good and bad news ...
Bad news: Most recent version is 1.40 and pel.hu is down. Most of the time at least.
Good news: Doesn't matter. Download latest nightly, expand to disk, copy on card, run EOScard and make sure first and second boxes are marked. Don't need to click on ML icon. Use "Save", copy contents of nightly zip on card (just to make sure) and boot up cam.

Ciao
Walter

This option worked for me, Thanks Walter.
I Quickly enabled RAW module and shot a 10sec video which i approx 1GB,  tried transfering the RAW file to PC, My CF card is very much slow, read speed is 1MBPs, can any one suggest, how can we increase?

I'm using Transcent Extreme - 8GB 60MBPS UDMA CF card.

Walter Schulz

I suppose your cardreader is just junk. Purchase a decent USB 3.0 cardreader. If your desktop computer doesn't have an USB 3.0 interface you want to get an USB 3.0 interface card.
I use Kingston FCR-HS3. Heard about troubles with very, very fast cards but your Transcend will work just fine.

Ciao
Walter

dragonstudios

where do i download the 2.0.3 firmware? i noticed that cannon removed it from the site.

Audionut

dfgh

I've been using the RAW record on 7D now for a while but I came to film something recently and I just couldn't get it to work. At first it would only record 25-48 frames and then after a few tries it recorded longer, but now I can't get it to record more than 35 frames. I've tried reinstalling ML and formatted the card, but I'm still getting the same issue. Any Ideas?

dfgh

ok I have possibly solved my own problem. I had my camera setup to shoot raw +Jpeg in photo mode when I changed this to just Jpeg I'm not longer getting an issue

BradfordHill

I have got everything up & running & am able to record and ingest footage.

For some reason my footage comes out extremely dark & has like a sensor malfunction where it records weird.

pictures below are at 24P & 60P @ 1728 x 694
I can't seem to find any other users reporting this.

Feel free to burn me at the stakes/ tar and feather me, if I have overlooked something.

CelliniEVO

Installed the most up-to-date nightly build on October 15th, 2013 and since then my battery on my 7D has been draining dead overnight....this has been insanely annoying but I'm just now getting around to finding out whats going on. 
any suggestions for which magic lantern version I should try for 'normal' battery life? 
Is there a way to only boot magic lantern from the update option when I want to use and not have it auto-boot everytime I use it?

Total ML noob, so I'd truly appreciate any suggestions.

ted ramasola

Quote from: CelliniEVO on January 25, 2014, 06:42:58 PM
Installed the most up-to-date nightly build on October 15th, 2013 and since then my battery on my 7D has been draining dead overnight....this has been insanely annoying but I'm just now getting around to finding out whats going on. 
any suggestions for which magic lantern version I should try for 'normal' battery life? 
Is there a way to only boot magic lantern from the update option when I want to use and not have it auto-boot everytime I use it?

Total ML noob, so I'd truly appreciate any suggestions.

Here is a portion of my notes on this, I believe I copy pasted one of the dev's responses on this topic.

If the card stays in the camera after shutdown, there shouldn't be any problems; but if you remove it while the camera is off, and put it back without turning it on, you may have surprises.

You should turn on camera after a card removal, because that's when it's locking up.

or To understand it better: when you open the card door and power switch is off, the camera wakes up for 2-3 seconds.

...AFTER TRANSFER OF RAW MOVIES (or any files) VIA CF CARD READER IT IS ADVISABLE TO TURN ON THE CAMERA AFTER ML CARD IS INSERTED THEN OFF BEFORE STOWING AWAY YOUR CAMERA.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

Jasonroberts

if anyone has the 7d 2.0.3 firmware version could i get a copy? i updated my camera to 2.0.5 and now i can't install magic lantern. i want to revert to 2.0.3. [email protected] thanks jason

CelliniEVO

Quote from: ted ramasola on January 25, 2014, 06:50:27 PM
Here is a portion of my notes on this, I believe I copy pasted one of the dev's responses on this topic.

If the card stays in the camera after shutdown, there shouldn't be any problems; but if you remove it while the camera is off, and put it back without turning it on, you may have surprises.

You should turn on camera after a card removal, because that's when it's locking up.

or To understand it better: when you open the card door and power switch is off, the camera wakes up for 2-3 seconds.

...AFTER TRANSFER OF RAW MOVIES (or any files) VIA CF CARD READER IT IS ADVISABLE TO TURN ON THE CAMERA AFTER ML CARD IS INSERTED THEN OFF BEFORE STOWING AWAY YOUR CAMERA.

Huge thanks for that bit of info!  Woke up to my 7D having a full charge for the 1st time in months!

DJB

Does anyone know where I can download Canon 7D Firmware 2.0.3? I have 2.0.5 on my 7D and would like to install ML. I have ML on my 60D and would like to use the RAW video in the 7D.

Thanks.

helwinrene

Hi To everyone..
I installed this morning the last ML for the Canon 7D.
But I have a problem.
I turn on the camera the first time and the ML works perfect.  But then I turn off the camera... and some minutes later I turn On again, but the camera doesn't turn on.
I've just take out the battery and then put in again, and the camera works.
Is this normal?
Or is better to uninstall the ML right now..
Please help!
:-X

troy7890

Quote from: Gallier35 on January 07, 2014, 10:26:36 AM
i have try to activate dual iso then new start. but i think my camera is not ready tor this, i din ´t found booton.bsdiff
but i found another..i have make the firmware.fir  but the system told me the firmare is older ...
i have input the D7_203.fir, then the camera start and tell me the dual iso is not load...
:( i will be read again all the comment i think here is the solution..
than you merci
and happy new year 2014

server again online
http://pel.hu/ML/booton.bsdiff

now is running well  ;D :-* :) ;D ;D ;D ;D

This booton.bsdiff file is without a file extension, so some browsers may not want to download it natively (firefox) - switch to Chrome to grab this if you have this issue.