Toggle flash off/on

Started by Holden, July 23, 2013, 10:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holden

Hello,
this is my first request here, so bear with me if it is already requested.

I used to shoot Nikon cameras, and there you could customize a button to act as a toggle for flash on/off. I found this very useful especially when shooting with manual flashes. That way you could easily check how the ambient light is behaving without the flash.

Is it possible to add such a toggle to ML?

And the toggle would not have to be sticky. Hold a button and the camera takes a shot without firing the flash.

BTW I am using 6D

Marsu42

Quote from: Holden on July 23, 2013, 10:45:39 AM
I used to shoot Nikon cameras, and there you could customize a button to act as a toggle for flash on/off. I found this very useful especially when shooting with manual flashes. That way you could easily check how the ambient light is behaving without the flash.

Go buy a 600ex-rt flash, it has that button :-> ... as for ml, yes, it's possible, problem is all keys that ml can hook up to are used (see here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7363.msg62950#msg62950) ...

... I'm a big fan of shortcut keys outside lv and just wrote a module that uses the directional buttons with a metakey INFO (so it doesn't interfere with regular button functions) for misc. things like toggling the af, drive, metering, ... flash on/off could be added w/o a problem, as could all other functions that ml does (btw there is a menu item for flash on/off in the ml menu if you haven't seen it yet).

Holden

I have 600EX-RT. But you need this feature more when working with manual flashes.