Don't see the recorded files in 5D MK III after recording RAW!!

Started by imageus, August 01, 2013, 06:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imageus

I have a strange problem! I had formatted my CF card (Lexar Professional 1000X) in exFAT format using a Mac. It records regular movie or photo just fine and I can see them when I connect the camera to my pc. But when I record RAW video, I don't see the file! I see only two folders named MISC and the non RAW video and photos on the root.

If I connect the CF card via a card reader to my pc (Windows XP) it can't read. I will try it connecting to my other pc (WIndows 7-64bit).

My question is where are the raw video files? Also I couldn't find a thread/information that shows how to download the files. Can I connect the camera or I have to take out the card and use a card reader every time?

jpjp

imageus

That's the puzzle! I don't see any RAW file! I don't even see the CR2 file. When I shoot I get only JPEG files. I am connecting the camera and I see two MISC folders only.

imageus

It seems that the files were actually recorded because I can play them back. But I don't see any DCIM folder in the CF card.

imageus

The issue has been resolved. It was due to Windows XP. When I use Windows 7, I could see the DCIM folder and can see the video files!