Dual ISO 5Dmkii?

Started by Doyle4, July 31, 2013, 11:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle4

Hi there,

Iv read that dual iso is 5dmkiii and 7D only.... but i see this in the ChangeLog post..

platform/5D2.212/consts.h, contrib/qemu/install.sh, modules/dual_iso/dual_iso.c

Does this mean its been achieved on the mkii?  :D

KMA_WWC

Canon 5D Mark III

Doyle4

Damn :( haha,

Seen some samples of Dual ISO n it looks amazing.. think ill be getting a MKiii..

Doyle4

HA!.... i was right! :D Dual Iso running on my 5Dmkii... whooo,

dariSSight

Quote from: Doyle4 on August 10, 2013, 01:52:25 PM
HA!.... i was right! :D Dual Iso running on my 5Dmkii... whooo,

Can you explain how to use Dual ISO, does it work in RAW video capturing and if its jus for Still work how are you setting you 5D Mark II after turning off RAW Video? Thanks for any info you are able to transfer to me.
Canon 5D Mark II

Doyle4

Quote from: dariSSight on August 10, 2013, 02:18:09 PM
Can you explain how to use Dual ISO, does it work in RAW video capturing and if its jus for Still work how are you setting you 5D Mark II after turning off RAW Video? Thanks for any info you are able to transfer to me.

Dual Iso does not work in RAW Video, only Photo same as the 7D.

My setup is:

select M mode (also works in P and A) and select your iso at 100.
Goto ML menu and enable Dual Iso and set the 2nd iso to 1600 (i find this to be best and is psoted all over the forum as best as i can see)
Shoot :)

Remember to install cr2hdr, place the images in the same folder as cr2hdr and drag the image onto cr2hdr.exe

pointbob1

Thanks doyle - bottom line question - would you use dual iso photo for all pics? or is it worth using for only certain situations...like dark areas?

Doyle4

I only use it when i need to, Say.. an indoor shot but outside is much more exposed than indoor, i would meter outside and use shadow recovery.

If shooting somewhere dark i would meter on the shadow then use highlight recovery.