Thread photos dual iso

Started by Danne, July 30, 2013, 09:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roman

Quotewith full respect but those examples are possible to shoot with just single iso..

And how are you able to judge that? From viewing an edited photo which has the contrast hugely reduced? lol.

Virindi

MamXam

Sorry for bad english, I want to say a huge thank you to those who develop ML! Plugin double iso work wonders !! Quality such as removing from the hands could not even get through the HDR. First time trying to plug. All greetings from Russia (Caucasus).

P.S. And the project can not be supported without pay pal?

senzazn12

DeafEyeJedi

Here are two different takes...

5D3 Dual-ISO:

5D3 (non Dual-ISO w/ same XMP settings) for noise comparison:

5D3 Dual-ISO FULL_RES Silent_Pic:  ;)

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Alfazzz

Danne

mrpanic

Been using Dual ISO exclusively on my 5DM3 for nighttime cityscape photography, here are some samples:

HondaATC

Some high dynamic range here with a paltry T3i and 50 1.8 using Dual ISO at the brightest most aggressive point of a morning;

Very very impressed with some of the photos here. Has me itching for even more dynamic range in another body...

senzazn12

More dual iso shots from a wedding I did last week.

Danne

senzazn12

@Danne Dual Iso is really great! Workflow is a breeze using the LR Dual Iso plugin. You have some great images as well using Dual Iso.

limey

I've been shooting dual iso now for thousands of pictures in all kinds of types of shooting, action, still, etc. In still shots I'm not seeing anything, but positives.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, does dual iso cause softer focusing when using higher shutter speeds?

Specifically using AI Servo and highspeed shooting.

senzazn12

@Limey I've been using it with AI servo as well at high shutter speeds and not noticing anything negative. Although I'm not really a pixel peeper.

Danne

Sure is amazing. Works just as good filming. In 3x zoom that is. You should try it out :).
www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12796.msg125268#msg125268

senzazn12

For some reason my Dual Iso 3X crop movie files would have alternating green and magenta tinted frames even when white balance was set the same for both frames. It is wierd. It doesn't happen when I shoot dual iso regular mode but aliasing is pretty bad. Wish there was a software that can get rid of dual iso aliasing. : (

Danne

Raw or mlv? What camera are you using? I think if you provide a1ex with a short sample showing iso difference he could have a look.

sylvesterdsouza

Took this at sunset yesterday, 600D, ISO100 / +4EV, Manual exposure with ETTR Disabled
Without dual ISO the foreground was just silhouettes

Sinquerim Sunset by sylvesterdsouza, on Flickr

sinister

Long time reader, first time poster. For the most part I have been using ML for the invalometer and bulb timer and has worked flawlessly and have started to explore the dual ISO feature.

I am interested in how people shoot in the field with dual ISO. I understand you shoot for the base ISO for the highlights and ETTR but how do you come about your 'recovery' ISO? Do you guess the gap? Shoot multiple gaps or liveview the exposure and work from there? Interested to see how people work in the field with this.

senzazn12

HondaATC

Real-estate photo with High-Dynamic range with my new to me 5D3 from a back porch.

nikfreak

Nothing really interesting. Just a first dualiso 100/800 quickshot in manual mode on EOS 70D:

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

UWP

I'm normally not into standard images, I always try to do HDRs between real & comic view. But to show that 70d (YEAH, fresh ML!) is also capable now of ML & dual ISO here's one of my first tries. One is drago (luminance-hdr) developing only, showing a slightly real result, the other one is a mix of several HDR developments of luminance-hdr to have that "comic feeling". For bracketing images, it's mostly a harder effect, in dual ISO I cannot do full comic without having too much noise at the pics.

Those are ISO 100/1600and I found them in result slightly unsharp, I had to resize them to have'em sharp enough. It seems you lose a bit sharpness during the process or the image itself had been unsharp, I really don't know exactly.

Natural (drago):

Comic (mix):

UWP
EOS 550D | EOS 650D | EOS 70D
Software: MagicLantern & Luminance-HDR & Gimp