Thread photos dual iso

Started by Danne, July 30, 2013, 09:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rpt

dualiso

had some time to take photos with dual iso today. here is what i think.
this is hdr properly made. there are some quirks to the process though. and to taking photos as well. it feels a little like developing photos. because you do not see on the screen of display the photos. you see some kind of lines there. for a second it shows large resolution with lines then smaller resolution. and you do not know what you took, can't tell if it properly in focus. and only on computer you develop the raw file you can see what you got. before i did not like raw files. people said that raw is digital negative. well jpg is also digital negative, you can edit it just as raw file. now there is a point of using raw with dual iso. i really like the dinamic range on the photos with dual iso. just take more time developing them. i would avoid taking photos where there is a difference in brightness because i would have to espose either on the bright or dark part. now i can take a photo and get what i can see. and i like that there is only one photo. because with bracketing you take a few photos and people would have moved, or leaves on branches would have moved. and even when you combine them in hdr the photos do not look right. they look like they make you puke, too many colors, hallow where overlap with bright and shadows. dual iso does not have those, single photo, no hallow in overlaping areas of brightness and shadow. thank you a lot. but does need work, like main is to see the photo you took without the lines etc, so that you knew what you took, so that you can tell if it is sharp, or at least not revet to lower resolution in preview in half a second. thanks

Danne

dsManning

Danne, like that second one with the centered sun and bird, but the architect in me is freaking out about those slanted buildings.  :P

Blew out the background highlights for impact on this shot, but I love the contrast I could bring back in the tree to compositionally bring your eyes back to the flower girl.

Rokinon 85mm
Canon 50D
Dual ISO 100/800

Favourite part is it was an unstaged/candid photo.  I was the second shooter and the main photographer had the wedding party posed over to camera left.

Frank7D

Quote from: dsManning on June 22, 2014, 05:58:23 AM
Blew out the background highlights for impact on this shot, but I love the contrast I could bring back in the tree to compositionally bring your eyes back to the flower girl.

I like this shot a lot, but to me even the girl looks overexposed.

Spooke

Canon 650D + Canon EF-S 17-85mm Ultrasonic
Dual ISO 100/800 and 400/1600

This was VERY dark  :)

Edit - Added one more after more testing with Dual ISO, results are much better I think!

Anton2707

brapodam

I spent a lot of time removing hot pixels from these...and they were only 10s exposures. I've tried 30s, and there are just tons of hot pixels, but if you have the time to remove them, you can get some great stuff.

(Yes, that's me, I'm a small guy)

frank007

amazing picture for the poster and the pics from the followers.
www.linkdelight.com - Affordable Photographic equipment and accessory!

Alfazzz

Danne

Incredible pictures. Well done in post production.

Alfazzz

rpt

Well, I was is Costa Mesa, California for 4 weeks and discovered in the third week that the Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve was just 15 minutes walking distance from my hotel. Luckily, I had taken my 5D3 with the kit lens, my 100-400 and the 1.4x. So I went over to the preserve a few times - four or five I think. There is a good amount of wildlife there. These are the ones with DualISO. To see others I have posted, you can visit my post on CanonRumors http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=22003.0.

So here goes:

#1.

RPT_7478-dualiso by Rustom, on Flickr

#2.

RPT_7305-dualiso-a by Rustom, on Flickr

#3.

RPT_7310-dualiso-a by Rustom, on Flickr

#4.

RPT_7319-dualiso-a by Rustom, on Flickr

#5.

RPT_7368-dualiso-a by Rustom, on Flickr

#6. Yes, it has motion blur and is out of focus but I like it :)

RPT_7446-dualiso-a by Rustom, on Flickr

#7.

RPT_7453-dualiso-a by Rustom, on Flickr

Virindi

I use dual ISO more and more, I love DR. So much that I'm considering switching to the Nikon D810 if Canon's coming technology still show crappy DR.

Panorama1315-1319 by Virindi7751, on Flickr

On this panorama taken at the same time, I forgot to adjust color temperature for each DNG and I thought it looked pretty cool:
Panorama1328-1338 by Virindi7751, on Flickr

My full dual ISO album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/96833549@N08/sets/72157645918993569/

kirkt

Some recent examples, no need to apply any NR in post.  Shot with the 5DIII, build 63b2f145cb3b.  Processed with the cr2hdr executable for Mac embedded in the LR plug-in (command line).  DNGs processed in ACR and PS.

kirk

Virindi

sboub

Hi !! had some free time to test dual iso, here are my results; All at 100-1600 converted with the cr2hdr Lightroom plug in

DUAL ISO-2 by Nicolas Delpierre, on Flickr

DUAL ISO-1 by Nicolas Delpierre, on Flickr

BA by Nicolas Delpierre, on Flickr

Mark III + 7D - Tamron SP 24-70 2.8 - Sigma 70-200 2.8 APO EX HSM II - Canon 85 f1.8 - Canon 17-40 f4L + CPL + ND +...

Danne

Really cool pics and places!

sboub

Thanks !! I think Virindi is a neighbour... south of France  :)

DUAL ISO-3 by Nicolas Delpierre, on Flickr
Mark III + 7D - Tamron SP 24-70 2.8 - Sigma 70-200 2.8 APO EX HSM II - Canon 85 f1.8 - Canon 17-40 f4L + CPL + ND +...

Virindi

Quote from: Danne on August 24, 2014, 05:10:52 PM
Really cool pics and places!

That's where you want to go if you ever visit France, Paris is overrated.

Quote from: sboub on August 24, 2014, 05:25:33 PM
Thanks !! I think Virindi is a neighbour... south of France  :)

Région Parisienne, juste de passage dans le 83 en déplacement. :)

sboub

Quote from: Virindi on August 24, 2014, 06:39:08 PM

Région Parisienne, juste de passage dans le 83 en déplacement. :)

on a été voisin temporairement alors :)

Ronnie Chan

I had been using dual ISO for a while with my 5D Mark III and I can say,it does gives an impressive results.Here are some of the image I took and processed

Danne

Very nice. I like the two last  ones really much :)

Betelgeuza

with full respect but those examples are possible to shoot with just single iso..