Thread photos dual iso

Started by Danne, July 30, 2013, 09:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsu42

Quote from: Audionut on March 17, 2014, 07:56:50 PM
IS only helps with spacial motion, not temporal motion.

Does it indeed - and now here I am, thinking turning on IS freezes the world around me! Really, I was replying to alex when he said he uses dual_iso because he doesn't want to carry a tripod.

Audionut

Quote from: Marsu42 on March 17, 2014, 08:05:46 PM
Does it indeed - and now here I am, thinking turning on IS freezes the world around me!

In a single capture, yes.  In a bracketing situation, IS doesn't suddenly develop skills which break the laws of physics  ;)

Which is exactly what I said above!   :P  :D

mad.eos

Now, let's cool down at the waterfall with a new dual ISO I took ;-)

Canon EOS 1100D w/ 18-55mm | ML Nightly Build Tester

creo

Hi all.
I did a little test, showing how much we save the details in the image.

schedonnardus

This is my first dual-iso image.  Driving home the other day, a really awesome thunderstorm was rolling in. I drove out into the field on the farm to get a wide, clean shot of the impending storm.  I used my 50 f1.8 on my Canon 6D and shot in dual iso 100/800.  It really helped me to get the bright clouds and the dark soil all in one shot.   The final image here is a pano stitched together in CS6.

Thanks for all the amazing work ML!

scottiedds

Danne,

The images with and without seem to be the exact same photo as  moving subjects seems to be the same.  With and without dual ISO would have to be two separate shots right ?   Cause you have to turn it on and off to take the two different shots yet moving objects seem to be in the same exact place.  Does this suggest that the differences can be HDR or post processing techniques ?

Thanks,
Scottie :o

Danne

Hi! It is the same pictures. The comparison reveals the higher dynamic range between the untouched lowest iso and the processed photo lifting back all those nice noisefree shadows. Of course it would be an even better comparison if I got a normal shot as well to put next to the dualiso-file

bkrzic

Without DualISO

With DualISO

I'm still amazed how good this works. Thank you guys for developing this wonderul tool! :)

schedonnardus

WOW!, thanks for sharing bkrzic

Danne

Where are those pictures from bkrzic?

Audionut

dual_iso panorama of a storm moving through the other day.

Stedda

The sheep photo is great! Nice details!
5D Mark III -- 7D   SOLD -- EOS M 22mm 18-55mm STM -- Fuji X-T1 18-55 F2.8-F4 & 35 F1.4
Canon Glass   100L F2.8 IS -- 70-200L F4 -- 135L F2 -- 85 F1.8 -- 17-40L --  40 F2.8 -- 35 F2 IS  Sigma Glass  120-300 F2.8 OS -- 50 F1.4 -- 85 F1.4  Tamron Glass   24-70 2.8 VC   600EX-RT X3

Danne

Quote from: Audionut on April 07, 2014, 05:07:02 PM
dual_iso panorama of a storm moving through the other day.

So nice!
Panorama, what lens? Did you stich in ps?

Audionut

Thanks.
Sigma 35/1.4 art @ f/8.0, ML ISO 100/800.  20 images stitched in PS.  Some light processing with Viveza, to make the clouds a little more menacing.

The hardest part was brightness matching the exposures, due to the current DNG rendering method, that's based on the WL of the images.  There's probably an easier way, but I ended up just matching the exposures based on the histogram.

I've spoken to a1ex about it, fingers crossed it's somewhere near the top of his todo list.

Here is another one, looking opposite to the last, just before it bucketed down with rain.

Here is a single image from the above pano, before processing.

schedonnardus

Aftab

bkrzic

Quote from: Danne on April 07, 2014, 05:02:50 PM
Where are those pictures from bkrzic?

It's in Croatia, Europe. Place called Mostari near Zagreb. I used 5D mk3 and Canon EF 24mm f1.4. Thank you all for great comments :)

vertigopix

Croatia... Most beautiful land on earth ! :-)

Luiz Roberto dos Santos

schedonnardus

nefarious

Playing around trying to get a feel for the uses of this feature

Paper Kite Butterfly /2014 by ups80kft, on Flickr

Butterfly -2/2014 by ups80kft, on Flickr

batman

practicing taking skate photos, iso 100/800~ + lightroom post.
15042014-9991-dualiso by YeahRaw, on Flickr
15042014-9983-dualiso by YeahRaw, on Flickr

dsManning

Anonymouse

A shot from Jenolan Caves, so amazed at the detail I could pull out from the shadows

Before:

After:

akry

Dual ISO is awesome for street photography!

Canon 6D  ISO 200/3200, 1/500, f/4.0, no tripod, no flash.