[ALREADY DONE] FRAMING AID for RAW 5x crop mode (50d)

Started by srn, July 30, 2013, 07:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srn

I wonder if it's possible to add FRAMING AID for 5x crop mode for 50d (and others:))? While the picture quality is outstanding in 5x crop mode, working ergonomy, mainly due to framing issues is horrible. I somewhat learnt how to work with steady subjects, but when anything moves in picture, following the subject is virtually impossible. I would be more than happy if someone could find a solution.

Below:
Setup: subject in 1:1 and rectangular area showing 5x zoom mode.

DNG frame taken in 5x crop with added LIFEVIEW preview 16:9 aspect ratio.

DNG frame taken in 5x crop with added LIFEVIEW preview 2.35:1 aspect ratio.

notes:
- The issue is most problematic during recording moving subject, while it its crucial to be able to work with framing constantly. For me in these shots its even more important to frame properly than to keep subject in focus. Since then, it would be enough if the view be changed to 1:1 and a rectangular area showing frame appeared.
- I could be black and white preview, low quality, anything that works :)

srn

Ok, I see a tag ALREADY DONE.
Still, how can I achieve it?
I'm reading forum for a while. I've search info about fixing framing issue in several topics. Maybe I missed something.
I got the latest build (magiclantern-2013Jul11.50D.109.go.unified.5db91070) and I've tried many different setup configurations. I thought ML Grayscale option turned on is solving the issue, but not in my case. Any help? I'd be obliged.