SD card wiped, camera won't work :(

Started by dilby, July 27, 2013, 07:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dilby

Hi all - I have a Canon t3i running Magic Lantern on a Integral Ultima Pro 32GB SD card. The other day I was using my camera for normal photography and took some nice shots, and came home to load them on my Mac via my normal workflow (simply importing them into Aperture.)

However my camera died halfway through the import (I didn't realise the battery was so drained and there were a lot of shots), so instead of waiting for the camera to charge I used an Integral SD thumb drive and loaded the photos that way. However when I stuck it in, after about a minute it ejected and then the mac wouldn't recognise the drive.

Now once charged the camera does not even switch on when the SD card is inserted - I can only turn it on without one in.

The SD card if also now recognised in the thumb drive on my mac, but it seems to have wiped all my photos and the directory structure seems completely different; the drive is called 'EOS_DEVELOP' (which may be normal, i cant even remember), and the '/MISC
/DCIM/100CANON' etc folders are missing. I have attached a picture of this.

My questions are really -

1) Does anyone know why this happened and what I did wrong? (I know the battery thing wasn't wise but it happens.)
2) Is there anyway of getting the photos back
3) How do I reformat my card again? I've read about doing a new Magic Lantern install etc, but this card seems messed up to me now.

Thanks!! Any help GREATLY appreciated.

brapodam

I don't know how to fix your problem, but I recommend that in future, use a SD card reader instead of connecting the camera to the computer

dilby

Hi, thanks for your response. The strange this is that I've always used my camera without a hitch, but as soon as I used my card reader, the issue happened. Either way I've managed to sort out the card by wiping it in disk utility and just reformatting the blank card on my camera.

Thanks again