Dual ISO Post Processing

Started by asherk, July 26, 2013, 10:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asherk

Hi, Can anyone please point me to any articles or tutorials on how to post process dual iso footage, i have been digging for days and have not been able to find anything.

I have never shot HDR Video, is it the same post process as that? I shoot a lot of real estate videos and would love to test this out..

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks.... Asher.

Danne

You process the rawfile like regular rawfiles. Check out the thread that,s called massive dynamic range dual iso. Use the latest raw2dng.exe converter

asherk

Posted by: Danne
« on: Yesterday at 10:44:06 PM » Insert Quote
You process the rawfile like regular rawfiles. Check out the thread that,s called massive dynamic range dual iso. Use the latest raw2dng.exe converter

Thanks Danne. I have been getting really bad interlaced files from raw2dng and the same in rawmagic with the tests i was doing, you mentioned that the i should use raw2dng.exe does the conversion only work on PC im on Mac. Raw video works unbeleivably well, but  Dual Iso is giving me unusable interlaced DNG and video files.

Thanks again for your help.

Audionut

Danne

Midphase

Quote from: Danne on July 27, 2013, 10:35:59 AM
Not working for mac yet

Ouch....time to wait for some good soul to update the Mac version to one that works huh?

asherk

No real Drama @midphase got it working on my wifes PC fine.

Thanks.

SuperJackRabbit

so there is no way to process cr2 files on Mac...? :-[

PressureFM

Quote from: SuperJackRabbit on August 28, 2013, 09:02:40 AM
so there is no way to process cr2 files on Mac...? :-[

Sure there is, look here.

Grab OSX_cr2hdr.zip and install.

budafilms

PLease, Help, I did a lot of shot with dual ISO, last build at the date, and after apply raw2dng I see lot of lines, like an old TV. Help!!!!

Rewind

Quote from: budafilms on September 27, 2013, 07:40:57 AM
PLease, Help, I did a lot of shot with dual ISO, last build at the date, and after apply raw2dng I see lot of lines, like an old TV. Help!!!!
Read this and avoid doubleposting! http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.0

russellsnr

Hi, Just need to no what to use to get Dual ISO Photo files to show from my 600D
I have win 7 64 bit.
Tried with Lightroom 5 but lots of pink over the bright parts.
Downloaded the (Windows:cr2hdr.exe). but when I click on it or drag an image over it just flashed on screen and disappears
Have I got the correct file or should it be For CR2 files: cr2hdr.c ?
Many Thanks

russellsnr

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I have read this  but cannot work out what you are supposed to use.
Thanks Again

Walter Schulz

Do you have DCRAW located in the same directory where CR2HDR.EXE resides?

russellsnr

Hi, I just have the three files on my desktop cr2hdr, dcraw and exiftool
Sorry but do not no to what directory I should place or find them.
Thank You.

Walter Schulz

Press SHIFT key and hold it. Place cursor onto your desktop, press left mouse button. Use "Open command window here". A black screen with white letters is opening and a blinking underscore sign. Type
CR2HDR myfile.cr2
Replace myfile.cr2 with the filename you want to be processed. File has to be present in the desktop dir, too. Look for error/status messages.

russellsnr

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 04, 2014, 06:24:55 PM
Press SHIFT key and hold it. Place cursor onto your desktop, press left mouse button. Use "Open command window here". A black screen with white letters is opening and a blinking underscore sign. Type
CR2HDR myfile.cr2
Replace myfile.cr2 with the filename you want to be processed. File has to be present in the desktop dir, too. Look for error/status messages.
Many, Many, Thanks for your help, got it to work.

Walter Schulz

Google for
Windows directory structure basics
and learn how to build up a decent work directory structure.

Stevenbaril

Hey all. I'm VERY illiterate when it comes to Terminal and commands, scripts etc. I've been trying to figure out how to post process my MLV files. Thus far I am unsuccessful, have been doing a lot of reading, research, trial and error. Nothing will work for me. I have mlv_dump in a folder on my desktop along with my original .mlv files I need to process. I've tried the commands such as

cd desktop
cd mlv
./mlv_dump --dng M01-0705.MLV

this does NOTHING for me, only gives me an error message

" `_` is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

I'm at my wits end over this, just want to understand what EXACTLY I need to do in order to successfully process these .mlv files. Any suggestions or hints would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Argon

one question...

My main reason for using the ML is Dual ISO.
I'm only use photo, not a video.
How to process DUAL ISO images ?... conventional way is not going ...

otherwise, for processing I usually use  Photoshop. WINDOWS

TomasMascinskas

for anyone with flickering problems

heres a fix flickering video i made due to lack of information around: