First ML RAW footage from Curaçao, Dutch Caribbean

Started by Sophistic8, July 25, 2013, 12:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophistic8

I am doomed. Never want to shoot not RAW again.

A daytrip with my family to Wespunt on the island of Curaçao.
The first ML RAW footage from Curaçao.

Canon 5D mk III
Canon 24-70 2.8 L
Canon 70-200 2.8 L II

Komputerbay 128 Gb 1000x
Magic Lantern RAW 14 bit
1728 x 736 2.35:1 24fps

Edited in Premiere Pro using the original .RAW files with the Ginger HDR plugin on Macbook Pro retina
Converted .RAW to Cinema DNG with RawMagic
Color correction via Camera RAW import in After Effects with some minimal curves adjustments. No other grading.

Music:
Floris - Day After
Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Atlas Hands

jpjp

Abstrak

I need a 5D mkiii in my life lol hopefully a few more weeks I'm going to miss my little 60D lol.

edit: Beautiful family by the way!

Sophistic8

Thnx guys! Doomed I am. Terabytes of footage cluttering my hard-disks. But oh, it is so worth the extra effort!
Blessed I am with my beautiful wife and kids indeed :)

If you can, get the mk III, it's awesome with RAW and L lenses. I had the 60D myself., never missed it. Maybe the flip-screen..

Cheers!

xNiNELiVES

Why didn't you shoot in 1920x1080? It would have made the video a whole lot sharper. Beautiful place by the way, I've been down to the dutch part of the caribbean.

Sophistic8

I didn't shoot 1080p because the Komputerbay card can't write fast enough. I chose the maximum resolution, of course. And I wanted to shoot in 2.35:1. Gonna try a Transcend, Lexar or Komputerbay 64Gb card to see if the write speeds are better. By the way, 1080p isn't sharper than the resolution I shot, just bigger. Only if you blow the video up (for example on the max resolution of your retina display) it will look sharper yes, but that's an other thing..