Magic Lantern 50D RAW Sigma 10-22mm Crop Mode, Sound Synced with EOS-M H.264

Started by maxotics, August 29, 2013, 03:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxotics

In this video you can see the set-up through the EOS-M, which I also use for sound.  For the first couple of clips I used the RAWanizer Cineform 422 output. 

I processed using my VBscript which extracts DNGs using RAW2DNG and then runs DCRAW.  For the Cineform clips I used RAWanizer.  I then import in Vegas Studio.  I use the White Balance effect, then sharpening.  I do a little color work, but probably make it worse than it is.  The only real weakness I see in ML, at the moment, is that the ML LiveView, which shows crop mode in the proper frame-size, lags the video recording and is more difficult to focus with.  The Canon built in LiveView allow focus, but is zoomed in.  I was pleasantly surprised that the last clip, not in crop mode, showed little moire.

Here's a version where I take the second clip, modify each TIFF to JPG in FastStone image viewer (freeware), then ffmbc render to DNxHD.  I think that process provides better quality then doing the grading in Vegas Studio.  But who knows.

ItsMeLenny

"It's slightly larger, which should good for all you suffering from some sort of mid life crisis"
Laughing my arse off. Way too funny.

And I have no problem with the new batman guy, whoever he is, it's a massive massive improvement from christian bale.

maxotics

Quote from: ItsMeLenny on August 29, 2013, 06:18:08 AM
"It's slightly larger, which should good for all you suffering from some sort of mid life crisis"
Laughing my arse off. Way too funny.

And I have no problem with the new batman guy, whoever he is, it's a massive massive improvement from christian bale.

I still haven't moved past Adam West ;)  My only opinion about Batman is lose the silly deep voice.