Setting shoot delay and shoot time

Started by kgv5, July 24, 2013, 01:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgv5

Hi
it would be extremely useful to have such a features:

-shoot delay (was in a 6D) - 2, 5, 10 sec - very usable when shooting with glidecam, camera crane etc.

Setting up (balancing)  a glidecam requires couple of seconds and you cannot touch the camera, that would be the way not to waste the card space (you have to trim every unbalanced beginning of a glidecam shot in a post and this is couple houndred MB each)

- shoot time (auto-stop) - 15, 20, 30 sec etc. - 6D couldn't record continously in higher res but I could set up motorized slider to make a full lenght slide in say 15-17 sec (exactly match it with the available recording time) and i didn't have to run to stop the recording just to save the card space.

Those features would be very usable when shooting yourself - say you are placing the camera in a distance, set shoot delay 20sec - you are going 50 meters away from the camera, it starts shooting, you know that you have say 30sec of recording, than it stops automatically so you don't have to run back to press the button.

Thanks
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

gerk.raisen

Hello I have the same request, but in millisecond world :)

I use my camera for some "creative"shoot with an home-made trigger and sometimes I have the necessity of take the picture some millisecond (from 50 to 500 more or less) after the trigger release (if necessary also use only the half-shutter it's ok)

Maybe add this as an option to intervalometer?
I think (I hope not to be wrong) it's not too hard to implement it, someone who will be the angel?
Maybe this also need to change the timer to use millisecond timer like a1ex suggested here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6724.msg54793#msg54793

@kgv5
If you for recording time mean for how much time the camera shoot photos, you can already do it with intervalometer, you only have to set after how many shot stop instead of how many seconds/minutes.
If you mean video recording time I think this option (not in RAW rec) sadly (but I can be wrong) is not more present.
I miss it also.

kgv5

Quote from: gerk.raisen on July 25, 2013, 09:56:32 AM
@kgv5
If you for recording time mean for how much time the camera shoot photos, you can already do it with intervalometer, you only have to set after how many shot stop instead of how many seconds/minutes.
If you mean video recording time I think this option (not in RAW rec) sadly (but I can be wrong) is not more present.
I miss it also.

Yeah, I mean video recording time.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D