Son of Batch - OS X App for batchprocessing RAW Files

Started by derkiki, July 23, 2013, 05:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simulacro

The interface gives me only the chance of looking trough the icon folder structure on the left side to find the .raw files. If I go to: menu/open... the app says this:

An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled.  The application must shut down

...and it shuts down

simulacro

I found out something right now:

You have to double click the .raw file once you find it in the app's browser. Then the file appears on the output queue, now you have to choose an output folder, click OK and...

it's working!

mageye

Quote from: simulacro on July 29, 2013, 03:59:59 PM
The interface gives me only the chance of looking trough the icon folder structure on the left side to find the .raw files. If I go to: menu/open... the app says this:

An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled.  The application must shut down

...and it shuts down

A common problem indeed :(
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

PlayIt

Quote from: derkiki on July 29, 2013, 02:48:23 AM
The proxies for the RAW files are set to the frame rate of the RAW files by default.

I check the raw files, with rawmagic and raw2dng, both display 25 FPS, but the proxies created by Son of Batch are 24 FPS.
If u need my camera settings, they are:

Canon Menu:
1920x1080 25fps
ML menu:
Desired FPS 25 (from 25)
Exact FPS
Actual FPS  25.000

I Hope this Helps.
5d markII

derkiki

You can select multiple files and drag them to the output queue or doubleclick.

I'll try and fix the bugs soon.

@ PllayIt
Thanks for the info, should be easy to fix. I'll post when the next version's up.

mageye

5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

FBongcam

Quote from: derkiki on July 29, 2013, 03:45:51 PM
That's useful, thanks. I'll try and fix it when I have time.

Great, looking forward to it!

derkiki

Please try the new version, link in the first post.
Cheers

mageye

Quote from: derkiki on August 03, 2013, 01:13:01 PM
Please try the new version, link in the first post.
Cheers

Thank you. It appears to work. I will be trying it out in my future workflow.

Very good  :)

Danne

Nice! Works with dual-iso files as well. Cool stuff.
When trying to open File, ´open´This occurs

WHen digging to deep and fast into folders i got this

or maybe It was the other way around. However. I moved my file to the root of the external disk and everuthings worked fine.
Good work. I,ll check your t-shirt :)

Oedipax

Great app!

Is there any chance we could get multithread/multicore support? I see dcraw is only using about 85% of one core... this could really scream if it converted multiple frames on separate instances of dcraw.

Will try the dual-ISO support right away and report back.

budafilms

In my case:

Not working for dual ISO, yet.
I worked with 2 files from about 500 mb each one.

WHat I have to expect? A frame darkness and other one brightness?

It's not stable. If you add other file when the program is converting a preview task , collapsed (I have a Mac Pro 2012). When you press in and out appear to work very slow.

This my result of course, maybe it's a minor problem.

Thanks, is a good idea!!!! go foward!

Danne

It works pretty good actually. Only converter for mac that handles dualiso.
You get dng converted from the lower iso with higher iso baked in. When doing recovery in acr you have tons of information getting clean shadows and retained highlights. Think you have to have the isos in reverse order to make it work though. Instead of 100-1600 you set the dualiso 1600-100.

budafilms

Quote from: Danne on August 04, 2013, 11:46:23 AM
It works pretty good actually. Only converter for mac that handles dualiso.
You get dng converted from the lower iso with higher iso baked in. When doing recovery in acr you have tons of information getting clean shadows and retained highlights. Think you have to have the isos in reverse order to make it work though. Instead of 100-1600 you set the dualiso 1600-100.

I think I am doing a mistake.
PLease, check my task:

- OPen raw file and applied the aplication to a folder.
- I take all the DNG file and open in ACR.
- I save the tiff files into other folder and I use compressor to create pro Res hq.

What I am doing wrong?

Danne

Apply highlightand shadow recovery and whitebalance in acr before export

budafilms

Quote from: Danne on August 04, 2013, 09:29:08 PM

I understand you but it's imposible for me adjust the darker and the brighter frames  to get 24 frames with out any difference in the mid tones . That's why I think that I am doing something wrong.

Is there a numeric way to balance the iso in the frames? I mean, the iso 100 to 800 and the 1600 to 800?

I thought that the way to work with this were the same as HDR, putting a double timeline in Final or Premiere...

Any advice?

Danne

you apply the same settings to all dng,s by selecting all of them. Simply apply every information to one picture and apply the exact same to all the pics?

squig

Quote from: Danne on August 04, 2013, 09:29:08 PM

Highlight recovery and exposure adjustment in ACR causes flicker.

Danne

Hi Squig. Not always. You could also try applying a black spot and a white spot created with the lightroom brush on one dng and then copy the black and whitepoint to all pictures. Not sure this helps but had the idea when somebody talked about acr adjusted according to darkest and lightest areas. Could be sailing here but worth a try. After corrections are done you simply synchronize all dng removing the brushadjustment only as the last step.

derkiki

Quote from: Oedipax on August 03, 2013, 04:51:54 PM
Great app!

Is there any chance we could get multithread/multicore support? I see dcraw is only using about 85% of one core... this could really scream if it converted multiple frames on separate instances of dcraw.

Will try the dual-ISO support right away and report back.

I'm not really sure how to do that. Will look into it.

derkiki

Quote from: budafilms on August 04, 2013, 11:24:34 AM
In my case:

Not working for dual ISO, yet.
I worked with 2 files from about 500 mb each one.

WHat I have to expect? A frame darkness and other one brightness?

It's not stable. If you add other file when the program is converting a preview task , collapsed (I have a Mac Pro 2012). When you press in and out appear to work very slow.

This my result of course, maybe it's a minor problem.

Thanks, is a good idea!!!! go foward!
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to fix it. Damn bugs!

derkiki

Quote from: Danne on August 03, 2013, 04:20:34 PM
Nice! Works with dual-iso files as well. Cool stuff.
When trying to open File, ´open´This occurs

WHen digging to deep and fast into folders i got this

or maybe It was the other way around. However. I moved my file to the root of the external disk and everuthings worked fine.
Good work. I,ll check your t-shirt :)
Thanks Danne. For now, don't use File>open. Doubleclick source files or drag them to the output queue.

Danne

No problem! Really good work. A lot of macdudes that are gonna be happy to be able to use dual iso. Question. Alex also provides a cr2hdr converter for converting cr2-files. Would it be hard to get that to work for mac? You seem to have the skills.
Nice t-shirts by the way
//D

swinxx

Yes. Great app thx you

Quote from: Danne on August 05, 2013, 11:09:33 AM
No problem! Really good work. A lot of macdudes that are gonna be happy to be able to use dual iso. Question. Alex also provides a cr2hdr converter for converting cr2-files. Would it be hard to get that to work for mac? You seem to have the skills.
Nice t-shirts by the way
//D

jonny2graham

When downloading a batch of files from one particular folder it pauses during the conversion of each and throws up this error:

http://grab.by/p980

When I click ok it returns to the conversion and then throws the same error up for each .RAW from that file.
Does anyone know what this error means? Is it corrupting/skipping frames on those .RAWs?