sound recording does not work in mark3

Started by advent2, July 22, 2013, 06:18:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

advent2

Hi
Sound used to be in Raw module setup for sometime .. and then moved to Frame rate override. Just tried today with July 17th version of firmware - with enabled override and enabled sound recording with External WAV setting SOUND IS NOT RECORDED at all! It is neither on CF nor on SD card.

Please, make it work back again
thanks!

a1ex

It was not moved anywhere - this feature was removed because sound was out of sync.

advent2

But there is a sound recording option in FPS override menu - which is a weird place for that.. but it is there. 

The thing is that out of synch sound allows to work without clapper.. no sound at all requires old school clapper on set with extra person etc. Much more complicated workflow process.

Plus.. as I mentioned before in other topic.. it does synch when you shoot raw in 24 fps and then conform it to as 25 fps.. sound gets back in synch.

So even as a reference , sound would be greatly appreciated.

xNiNELiVES

There's a sync beep option, you don't need a clapper.

advent2

Well, not really.. If we are on set.. and record 150 takes a day one by one.. beep would not help a lot. It gives a synch point, but does not shows which particular take it is. So clapper is still needed to show which take is on video and audio.

Plus rough audio allows for many other useful things to do. I, for example, mark good takes with voice etc. It allows much faster take selection too.

So the question is to make it record the sound the same way it was - sepparate on sd card. THe thing is that audio option is there in FPS override menu ^) Just does not work as it was.

For me, it makes so big difference that I have to move to much older version of ML for the real project to make it work with sound.

Rough sound and no sound leads to absolutely different project logistics.

THanks

a1ex

The option from FPS override is for H.264 (and it's not syncing either).

fatpig

I reeeally hope someone implements a 5 second wav recording with RAW!
It would be enough to use pluraleyes to Automatically line it up with external audio.
please implement it, dear coders! :)

advent2

I got your point.. but this feature was developed.. why not just make the option to enable that back again?
Any sound with video makes live much easier.. even out of synch sound.Thanks

Toffifee

Audio support will be present in g33g0's new .MLV format.
There's a thread in General development discussion.

Don't worry, it's coming.