Please move the recording information display.

Started by AnotherDave, July 21, 2013, 04:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherDave

Hey,
A week ago we finished up shooting a narrative short with the 5D3 Raw firmware, and the #1 thing that made it difficult was the placement of the record information on the display.

Often times, the display text would end up over a key focus point, or over an actor's face for the entire scene!!

Can it be moved off frame somehow?  Above the frame (over hdmi out) would be a great place... but where it sits now, it is literally blocking the action.

The bottom of the screen would be a better place... if it can't be moved to outside the frame.

Jakobmen

Canon 5D3

squig

I made the same request about a month ago. I was shooting a letterboxed narrative scene and the display was right at the top of the frame so I didn't notice the boompole was in the shot!

aaphotog

I don't know if I want it REmoved. But I would certainly like it to be moved. It does get very annoying. But sometimes I like to see how many frames I have, as well as how long I'm going to be able to record(by looking at the buffer). I just wish it was out of the way.

advent2

+1/
Is ther any chance to make the option to select where to show this technical info? For example, the option to select to show it in top left or bottom left corner.. It would be easier in many situations to have it on bottom of the lcd screen .

Another thing is that font could be much smaller too.
Thanks!

Apples

Please could this happen soon, I'm beginning using RAW for commercial purposes now and the first question onset is to remove the display info and at times it obscures the actors face causing the director some frustration. I can understand the importance of this info but please allow the user to toggle this info ON/OFF.

A big big PLEASE to the relevant people to make this happen.

Thanks,
Grant   

stevefal

The build of raw_rec posted in http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6244.0 lets you turn off most of the output. At your own risk.
Steve Falcon