can I ask an advice for a mere question?

Started by Brawl, July 20, 2013, 12:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawl

I know there are a lot of forum were to ask for this, but I really felt to ask in here because I wish to use the camera with magic lantern.
basically it's about 3 years that I'm wondering around and around reading for reviews, forums and everythink I can about DSLR for video, I know the common DSLR problems etc. etc... I wanted to buy the 600D because of the crop mode that have no aliasing and a nice zoom. but a little shop in my town sell a 550D with 18-55 IS at only 250 euros. what to do? do I should buy it ins'it? :) tomorrow moring I should go there at the shop I want to buy it. I'm in worry because I really need a DSLR to start doing something (have been passed 3 years) and I believe that a 600D would cost to me 60/100 euros more (always used). do I really need for that crop feature, and for the articulated LCD screen? the crop mode on the 600D have a good quality?

at last, the hardware limit of the SD card reader in the 550D is the same of the 600D? I'm not sure but I know you are doing experiment to have custom aspect ratio for video, for example good aspect ratio for anamorph shooting, I wish to be sure that the SD card speed limit of the 550D will not be a problem for having that.

thank you! :)
and sorry for my bad english! :)

ItsMeLenny

Don't ask to ask a question. It's more helpful if you put the topic name as your question, hence topic.

I have a 550D, I like the 550D

550D and 600D are almost identical.

Redrocks

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6215.0

Take a look at the doc in the first post. It would appear as Lenny says they are identical.