RAW2DNG: Automatic split Files extraction?

Started by fatpig, July 19, 2013, 10:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatpig

Is somebody working on automatic processing of .R00, .R01, etc. Files in RAW2DNG.exe?
Would be huge for my Software BATCHelor.
And did not seem to be a problem for other developers.

a1ex

It's trivial to do, but should I do almost everything?

Danne

Of course not Alex. You,re work is tremendous.
An idea. What about a donation link for each developer? Might get things going, or is that too complicated to add? Me myself don,t have the skills to program at all.
All the best
//D

fatpig

I would not be opposed to that Idea, but it is for ML team to decide.
a1ex, I get your point. A lot of hours go by behind that desk. :)
You have done the community a great good. Thank you !
Maybe some other savvy guys out there are up to it. :)

Danne

The person that created rawmagic already done it for mac, maybe he,s up to it even with the.exe version?

fatpig

raw2cdng also does it. sadly it does not have commandline, so BATCHelor implementation is not possible, as this is my main goal.

Andy600

Quote from: fatpig on July 20, 2013, 12:37:58 PM
raw2cdng also does it. sadly it does not have commandline, so BATCHelor implementation is not possible, as this is my main goal.

@Fatpig - Just a thought but can you not talk to Chmee about collaborating to make an app with features from both BATCHelor and raw2cdng?

Each app has it's merits. I tried BATCHelor for making CF proxies (which is nice) but it would be great if I could choose the Cinema DNG option too. I think Chmee also refined white balance and a few other things which make his app more appealing to me personally (no offence).

You both obviously have knowledge to code these apps and I'm sure users are waiting for THE Magic Lantern raw conversion app that is universal, easy to set-up, has useful file output options and that looks good.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

fatpig

@Andy600:
Well, as soon as raw2cdng implements commandline, there would be no problem there. :)

Do you still see benefits from raw2cdng, now that resolve added support for regular DNGs from raw2dng?

Andy600

Quote from: fatpig on July 20, 2013, 01:15:50 PM
@Andy600:
Well, as soon as raw2cdng implements commandline, there would be no problem there. :)

Do you still see benefits from raw2cdng, now that resolve added support for regular DNGs from raw2dng?

Selectable file size (12bit), correct white balance, file spanning, 10bit LOG conversion (although this doesn't work for the 50D yet).

I can't quite put my finger on why but I feel Resolve works better with CDNG over DNG even if you use 16bit CDNGs.

DNG support has only just been added to Resolve and maybe it is not yet optimized in the same way as CDNG (even though they are effectively the same thing excluding metadata).

You guys seem to have the same objective in mind and I think you would get there faster by combining forces. I'm not sure about your workflows and coding etc but maybe do what Magic Lantern does and use Bitbucket or Github to let other devs contribute?
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

fatpig

sadly, we are using completely different coding languages.
Therefore, commandline is the way to go for working together.
It is on his todo-list. :)

Meanwhile I've been working on some cool stuff for BATCHelor, but I need this feature..
Anyone up to the task??

fatpig

dear devs, if you check out my batchelor thread here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5645.msg62230#msg62230

you will see that many people can use this feature. Especially with the new thumbnail function in BATCHelor- that for now only works on files smaller than 4GB - it would be a blessing!

Please give an estimate how long it would take for someone to do it :)

dossisman

Very much needed feature, guys! 

Pretty please?!