Aliasing detection and correction

Started by a1ex, July 19, 2013, 02:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a1ex

mvejerslev

5D Mark II, PC

stevefal

Maybe the authors can provide a practical recipe. Both are on LinkedIn.
Steve Falcon

Yuppa

Not gonna happen, 'cause:

($1 / 434 + {6 * 2} - (that horseshoe looking thingy / 2) & * 1 + (4550334 * 0) * (1 / .4545 * (12^3)) (uh, looks like a weird letter "E") - #@# % * 79 <? <> & == 0) * 0

(Note: for symbol replacements, see the "Symbol Replacements Table.")

See what I mean?
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

AriLG

Quote from: bumkicho on July 19, 2013, 03:49:14 PM
WHAT???!!!
Amazing that he can't do that, eh ?

a1ex, while you're on it... please fix the white balance on these (you should be familiar with white balance by now).

This is the formula : uˆ(ξ) = ˆv(ξ) + ˆv(H(ξ/2)) and g(µ + ξ) + g(µ − ξ).

(in plain English : make a lot of white, and little yellow. yellow is bad).

You got three days.

Thanks

PS
The above is RAW egg  ;D

T3i (main), T2i
------------------
It's not about accuracy,  it's about Aesthetics

ItsMeLenny

My brother is a maths boy.
He likes this forum because even the people who speak English as their first language don't speak it correctly.
That sentence was an example of itself.

ItsMeLenny

The article basically does what the wavelet transform does... which is essentially jpeg compression.

Audionut

What about trying something a little simpler like supersampling.

driftwood

Its really tough stuff. Here's a 'good understanding' abstract for budding coders to look at where adaptive and non-adaptive techniques are currently employed.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.122.2248&rep=rep1&type=pdf
Canon 60D, Canon 5DMK3, Lexar 1000x 128GB CF, Panasonic (shhhh!) GH2s & GH3s. :-)

andyshon

Might it help if the demosaicing algorithm was aware of the actual physical layout of the pixels? We're on the edge of my understanding here but I believe for video the 5D3 uses small clusters of pixels, spaced across the chip. If a standard bicubic interpolation was applied to this, pixels from within the cluster would be weighted equally to those which are actually much further away on the chip. If the debayer algorithm could be weighted to compensate for the specific pixel layout perhaps it would suppress some of the aliasing.