5d mk 3 / 2.35

Started by ars_nyc, July 18, 2013, 08:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ars_nyc

here's a small short film / school production workshop we shot with ML RAW (mostly to test it in a real-life situation). worked smoothly.
mk3 + zeiss primes

xNiNELiVES

Holy shit thats sharp. What primes are you using? Ever used the 21mm f2.8?

Danne

Nice short! And sharp as a knife.

ars_nyc

well i have 28/2.8, 50/1.7 and beautiful 85/1.4

all are old and contax-mount.

that one I never used (but want to try, I find wide angle lenses most useful in my stuff).

and no sharpening applied whatsoever to this footage. i did only a slightest grading in da vinci (spent just one hour and another hour to blur out the ID number of a guy). i had to apply a pink-edge trick someone posted on raw-postprocessing thread.

ars_nyc

thank you Danne! i was kinda impressed myself with what we got in 6 hours.

xNiNELiVES

How are you mounting this to your 5D3 when they're all made for contax mounts? Btw that 21mm is supposed to be the sharpest side angle out there. There is a world record breaking amount of elements in the lens. It's crazy.

ars_nyc

simple — i use adaptors :)

had varied luck with them, some work well and some create a nasty jerk when used with a follow focus.

ah forgot to mention that i used gradient filters on the wide shots (they helped, but not completely, there are still clipped white areas).
and a lot of bounced light.

now I have to find and try that 21!

N/A

Make your vids embed-able please.
7D. 600D. Rokinon 35 cine. Sigma 30 1.4
Audio and video recording/production, Random Photography
Want to help with the latest development but don't know how to compile?

pascal

Looks amazing. Good work!

ars_nyc

ars_nyc

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: ars_nyc on July 18, 2013, 09:01:39 AM
simple — i use adaptors :)

had varied luck with them, some work well and some create a nasty jerk when used with a follow focus.

ah forgot to mention that i used gradient filters on the wide shots (they helped, but not completely, there are still clipped white areas).
and a lot of bounced light.

now I have to find and try that 21!

I looked up by quickly googling and found a contax canon ef mount. There's a whole website that's business is based upon this. I'm guessing this is where you purchased yours?

I'm interested because from what it seems, the old Zeiss contax lenses offer extremely sharp images at almost dirt cheap prices compared to today's new Zeiss lenses.

ars_nyc

couldn't agree more. i got mine on craigslist all three for $1200 and they came with adaptors.

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: ars_nyc on July 19, 2013, 04:58:00 AM
couldn't agree more. i got mine on craigslist all three for $1200 and they came with adaptors.

Wow.