Disable BootDisk FIR for 5D3

Started by Dimasan, July 19, 2013, 02:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimasan

Hi there,
I've searched through the requests forums and haven't found this issue posted yet - forgive me if it has been posted already and this is a duplicate.
I've noticed more posts coming out inquiring about the custom FIR that a1ex mentioned (link: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=6035.0 ) that would disable the BootDisk on the 5D3 Alpha 3, and thought I should post the issue here.
Seems like there's a couple main reasons for people wanting to disable it: getting their Eye-Fi cards to work and reducing the camera boot time.
Just wanted to post it here and see if it's an issue that can be easily addressed or if it requires a ton of work.
I'm sure that a1ex and other developers are aware of the issue, so forgive me for repeating the issue - just posting it here out of curiosity.
Thank you for your time and for the releases! The RAW video option is unreal and I'm enjoying it every chance I get!

Steven

When going back to using the camera as a photo camera I lost a couple of shots cause of the very long boot time it has with the bootflag enabled. On a job this can turn out very bad.

Steven

Audionut

There's threads all over the place about this. 

Use search, this one is getting locked.