[5D Mk2] Using FPS override is overexposed

Started by adrefs, July 18, 2013, 09:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrefs

I am attempting to record a time-lapse of puffy white clouds in a bright blue sky.  Yet when I engage the FPS override the image is all blown out with no detail in the clouds and I am unable to adjust exposure for this light.  I have FPS override set to Exact match as the other settings (hi jello, low jello and low light) didn't seem to apply.  What am I doing wrong?

brapodam

If you use very low fps, your shutter speed converges to 1/fps. If you don't have a ND filter, you're most likely going to end up with an overexposed image. This is for video mode. I don't know how FPS override works in photo mode though.

adrefs

OK. ND filter makes sense, and I don't have one at the moment.  I'll just have to go with the standard method for daytime shooting for now.  Thanks for the advice.

wagger

Are you saying that with a lot of light, fps override wont work because it will be overexposed?

This is the issue I have, and I have set it to "High jello", to get the shutter speed down, but it doesnt work - it still super-overexposes the image.

Im using a Canon 60D.

Thx

ted ramasola

5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

dmilligan

Just use silent pics and the intervalometer. It spits out DNGs too so there's no extra post steps.