Highest cont. raw with 5D3 & Sandisk Extreme 60mb/s?

Started by hirethestache, July 17, 2013, 09:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hirethestache

Im in Maui for the next two weeks, and when I got here I realized I stupidly left my 1050x's back at home. All I've got with me area few 64gig and 32gig Sandisk Extreme 60 mb/s cards. Whats the highest continuous you think I could achieve with these cards?
@HireTheStache
www.HireTheStache.com
C100, 5D3, 5D2, 6D

xNiNELiVES

Quote from: hirethestache on July 17, 2013, 09:50:40 AM
Im in Maui for the next two weeks, and when I got here I realized I stupidly left my 1050x's back at home. All I've got with me area few 64gig and 32gig Sandisk Extreme 60 mb/s cards. Whats the highest continuous you think I could achieve with these cards?

Well I don't have a 600x to test but find your transfer speed while recording raw video at a high resolution (doesn't have to be continuous). Then once you've found the transfer rate play with the resolutions to match the transfer rates. If you go over the rate your card is transferring it obviously won't be continuous.

Redrocks

If you know what ratio you will be finishing in, you can shoot at higher ratios tailored to your shot length and then crop from them.

maverick891

Just did a project on that card. Was not able to do 1920 at 2.39:1 but the resolution just below that 1852x772 at 2.39:1.