Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnotherDave

If the developers can find a way to encode the metadata the right way, Resolve should be able to recognize it right off the bat.  Unfortunately, when I open my clips they don't seem to have any of the metadata stored...  I'm processing through mlv.dump.osx for 10.7...

rob_6

Has anyone tested a long clip of a more thane a couple minutes? I have only tried short clips so far and they seem in sync. Are longer clips still in sync?

AnotherDave

-m question...

What file extension should we be outputting the metadata to?  What can read this metadata?  Is the audio track information being encoded on the metadata track?  Is this information used when processing to .dng, or does additional software need to be written to re-encorporate it?

Thanks!

RenatoPhoto

Excellent work! I just started testing the new mlv-sound.mo  and the MLV viewer.

So far the MLVBrowser exports (wav + dng) the dng and the wav.  The sound seem good but the dng have green cast.

If I export to RAW + wav and then use raw2dng then the dngs are OK!

Finally my movies will not be muted.  Thank you very much.

I will be testing this further as I have time....

Merry Chiristmas and thank you again.

http://www.pululahuahostal.com  |  EF 300 f/4, EF 100-400 L, EF 180 L, EF-S 10-22, Samyang 14mm, Sigma 28mm EX DG, Sigma 8mm 1:3.5 EX DG, EF 50mm 1:1.8 II, EF 1.4X II, Kenko C-AF 2X

andy kh

Quote from: rob_6 on December 24, 2013, 09:08:43 PM
Has anyone tested a long clip of a more thane a couple minutes? I have only tried short clips so far and they seem in sync. Are longer clips still in sync?

yeah longer clips in sync
5D Mark III - 70D

kgv5

g3gg0, is there any possibility to implement 44,1 to 48khz conversion in MLV browser?
Resolve 10 dont accept 44,1, sure we can do this one by one by hand but the workflow would be much faster with ready 48khz wav out of mlv_dump. What do you think?
Cheers
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

kgv5

Quote from: andy kh on December 24, 2013, 11:16:10 PM

yeah longer clips in sync

Hi, i still have problems with "lowered" and "slowed down" sound in my wav files (5d3). If you have everything synced all the time could you please tell me your settings in mlv tab? Thanks

andy kh

Quote from: kgv5 on December 25, 2013, 01:19:06 AM
Hi, i still have problems with "lowered" and "slowed down" sound in my wav files (5d3). If you have everything synced all the time could you please tell me your settings in mlv tab? Thanks

yeah i hav done so many test. long clips short clips and everything works fine in premiere pro cc. setting in camera is same in all camera.
5D Mark III - 70D

kgv5

Quote from: andy kh on December 25, 2013, 07:23:12 AM
yeah i hav done so many test. long clips short clips and everything works fine in premiere pro cc. setting in camera is same in all camera.

Got it. If you just click on wav and open it in say windows media player - does it play normal ?  Could you please check one of my previous post in this thread with dropbox links and see those two short clips  and the diffetence between them? Thanks

andy kh

Quote from: kgv5 on December 25, 2013, 08:22:15 AM
Got it. If you just click on wav and open it in say windows media player - does it play normal ?  Could you please check one of my previous post in this thread with dropbox links and see those two short clips  and the diffetence between them? Thanks

i got u. there used to be problems sometimes. that problem is no more with yesterday's nightly build. g3ggo has already fixed it.
5D Mark III - 70D

g3gg0

Sampling rate selection will be added soon.
dont know if it is possible to select 48khz in camera.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

kgv5

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 25, 2013, 11:09:07 AM
Sampling rate selection will be added soon.
dont know if it is possible to select 48khz in camera.

Thats great, i tested many times, also with yesterday nightly build and of course newest mlv rec pre built. Still having the same problem. Converting playback rate (not just resampling) from 44,1 to 48khz in goldwave makes wav sounds correct (it shortens it a little bit). Strange thing is that nobody else is having such a problem...

mageye

48K will be great if it's possible. I am impressed with the audio recording now. It now makes 'run and gun' type filming a much more realistic possibility. The audio thing is a game changer. Again. Thanks for all the work. It's much appreciated. :)

Can we have 24-bit too? (only joking! ;) :D)
5DMKII | 500D | KOMPUTERBAY 32GB Professional 1000x |Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II | Samyang 35mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC | Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III | Zoom H2 (4CH. audio recorder) | Mac OS X 10.9.2 | Photoshop CC | After Effects CC | Final Cut Pro 7

Jakobmen

anyone recording more then 1min on mlv with audio ?

i keep getting frame skip around the sametime
Canon 5D3

Danne

Did you try setting still image quality to a low jpg setting and rawphoto off? WIth this I get continuous 25fps 1920x1080 with audio.

g3gg0

magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

dubzeebass

Here's a quick bash script for anyone wishing to run the OS X edition... move MLV_DUMP.OSX to /usr/bin and rename to MLV_DUMP then run CHMOD +X /usr/bin/MLV_DUMP

Save the script as dumper.sh in the same folder as the MLV files ... I usually copy everything to my desktop.  Usage of the script: ./dumper.sh <input.mlv> <folder name>

mkdir $2
mv $1 ./$2
cd ./$2
/usr/bin/mlv_dump -o $1 --dng $1

g3gg0

update:
- mlv_snd now allows to select desired sampling rate (48000, 44100, 22050, 11025, 8000)

g3gg0

Quote from: dubzeebass on December 25, 2013, 09:21:42 PM
Here's a quick bash script for anyone wishing to run the OS X edition... move MLV_DUMP.OSX to /usr/bin and rename to MLV_DUMP then run CHMOD +X /usr/binMLV_DUMP.

Save the script as dumper.sh in the same folder as the MLV files ... I usually copy everything to my desktop.  Usage of the script: ./dumper.sh <input.mlv> <folder name>

mkdir $2
mv $1 ./$2
cd ./$2
/usr/bin/mlv_dump -o $1 --dng $1

not quite correct.

this:
> move 'mlv_dump.osx' to /usr/bin and rename to 'mlv_dump' then run 'chmod +x /usr/bin/mlv_dump'

dubzeebass

thanks dude, forgot the /.  i'm trying to figure out how to list all .mlv files to a text file then load each line, call the file the original file name, and export to a directory with the file name before ".MLV"

will report back.

andy kh

Quote from: dubzeebass on December 25, 2013, 09:32:23 PM
thanks dude, forgot the /.  i'm trying to figure out how to list all .mlv files to a text file then load each line, call the file the original file name, and export to a directory with the file name before ".MLV"

will report back.

i can do it in windows
5D Mark III - 70D

g3gg0

Quote from: dubzeebass on December 25, 2013, 09:32:23 PM

will report back.

for FILE in `ls -A1 *.MLV *.mlv 2>/dev/null`; do
    BASE=`echo $FILE | cut -d "." -f1`;
    mkdir $BASE;
    /usr/bin/mlv_dump --dng -o ${BASE}/frame_;
done

Danne

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 25, 2013, 09:27:26 PM
update:
- mlv_snd now allows to select desired sampling rate (48000, 44100, 22050, 11025, 8000)

Perfect!

Jakobmen

Any more settings to try I stop recording after 1 min from frame skip?
Canon 5D3