Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubzeebass

With the latest build and MLV_SND, when I record Global Draw goes off and I can't re-enable it without rebooting.  The option in the MLV module is OFF too.

Any idea?

andy kh

With the latest build and MLV_SND, when I record Global Draw goes off and I can't re-enable it without rebooting.  The option in the MLV module is OFF too.

Any idea?

it has to be ON
5D Mark III - 70D

dubzeebass

Quote from: andy kh on December 24, 2013, 12:07:16 AM

Any idea?

it has to be ON

Sort of counterintuitive, but it worked!  Thanks.

dubzeebass

I'd just like to remind everyone that PLURALEYES WILL WORK AGAIN!!! * head explodes *

rob_6

Been doing many tests and now I only get the MLV files recorded to the card. The sound is still working great, but the IDX files are no longer being created. Anyone know what could be the reason? I tried formatting my cards an reinstalling ML files and that didn't change it. I don't have a use for the IDX files at the moment so I am not complaining, just curious. :)

I am having so much fun with this sound recording development. Its like the best Xmas gift ever! Thanks again g3gg0 and the ML team!

g3gg0

you are welcome ;)

i updated mlv_rec and mlv_snd.
those of you who had weird audio problems (e.g. not playable wav's) please try again.
that should be fixed now.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

g3gg0

update:

added OS X binary and updated to include this fix for DNG datetime
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

kgv5

www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

DJBFilmz

Hello g3gg0,

I downloading the recent nightly build of MLV Raw, but before I could get a chance to test the audio I ran into an error.

After recording a video in MLV it will always state "stopping..." and unless i shut off the camera and turn it back on, it will always state "stopping..."

daisermac

Thanks g3gg0, this is invaluable. And thank you also for advancing the whole file format stuff in the first place.

Haven't tried the new build, but already the first build worked great on 5Dm3. Sadly I am still plagued by random crashes and not shutting down until pulling the battery when using an external monitor. But this also happens with the traditional raw_rec.mo

Levas

Hi G3gg0,

If it won't take too much of your time, is it possible to put in some more horizontal video resolution options in the MLV module?
In some raw.rec builds there where options for 1792 pixels wide and 1664 pixels wide resolution.
The 1792 resolution is probably only used for 6d owners, but I happen to have a 6d and love the 1792 pixel wide clips. 

Further, THANKS for the audio recording in combination with raw video!
Works on my 6d (using the tragic lantern build of 30 November), audio clips are a little bit longer than video, but it seems in sync, it only records some more audio after video recording has stopped.

andy kh

no after effects, no resolve only premiere pro cc to edit multiple mlv raw files with audio. i wil be uploading a tutorial in an hour.
5D Mark III - 70D

ouuzi

AnotherDave

Quote from: andy kh on December 24, 2013, 12:19:20 PM
no after effects, no resolve only premiere pro cc to edit multiple mlv raw files with audio. i wil be uploading a tutorial in an hour.

I'd waiting on pins and needles...

jose_ugs

MLV FTW!!! @g3gg0 4 President :) Amazing what u did on the audio side too man!!! Have a fine holidays session too!

ouuzi

How to monitor level with this?Can anybody help?I will post a workflow tutorial for Final Cut Pro.
It goes like this >mlv dump>convert dng's to Visionlog>compressor 4.1 to export Prores 4444 with audio>Final cut pro with LUT utility for grading.

Very good quality to my eyes

MA Visuals

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 22, 2013, 01:02:45 AM
update:
- added mlv_snd which adds audio recording to mlv_rec

Great work g3gg0!  I just tested this and it worked very well... I had perfect sync when post-processed.  I only recorded 25 seconds so I'll try to record something much longer to test that sync is maintained for an extended period.

andy kh

no after effects, no resolve only premiere pro cc to edit multiple mlv raw files with audio

https://vimeo.com/82623320
5D Mark III - 70D

AnotherDave

Quote from: g3gg0 on December 22, 2013, 10:25:36 PM
OSX Users:

i recently installed a OSX machine inside a virtual box.
after some struggle regarding installation of the necessary stuff i was able to compile mlv_dump in the VM.

can you try this mlv_dump?

update:
if you use OSX 10.6 or 10.7 does the link above work?
if not, can you try this mlv_dump?

I've tried this in terminal on both 10.7 and 10.9 on both I am getting a response of "command not found".  Am I putting in the correct command?  I'm not much of a terminal user...

AnotherDave

Quote from: AnotherDave on December 24, 2013, 04:39:35 PM
I've tried this in terminal on both 10.7 and 10.9 on both I am getting a response of "command not found".  Am I putting in the correct command?  I'm not much of a terminal user...

BINGO!  I read a little more and realized my mistake. chmod +x ./mlv_dump.osx needs to be executed first.  Second one works well in 10.7.  First one says 'illegal instruction 4'

Thanks.

AnotherDave

When I attempt to open the dng in premiere pro cc, it says 'The file appears to have no media data'....

andy kh

no after effects, no resolve only premiere pro cc to edit multiple mlv raw files with audio

5D Mark III - 70D

andy kh

When I attempt to open the dng in premiere pro cc, it says 'The file appears to have no media data

you can open cdng but not dng in premiere pro cc. watch my video how i open cdng in premire pro cc
5D Mark III - 70D

AnotherDave

Quote from: andy kh on December 24, 2013, 05:22:13 PM

this actually makes the process seem far more complex than just converting dngs in Resolve...

rob_6

Quote from: AnotherDave on December 24, 2013, 06:03:21 PM
this actually makes the process seem far more complex than just converting dngs in Resolve...

AnotherDave,

Do you know of a way to link up the audio in Resolve automatically based on filename? I can align the audio manually in the timeline, but I wonder if there is a way to align the audio for the clips automatically by name.