Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heniloux

got two clips today on new build of 5d3 raw that came out green, looks like the other channels weren't captured, very odd...

g3gg0

Quote from: Andy600 on October 25, 2013, 05:08:21 PM
No. I've tried down to 1fps and still get occasional bad frames

does this also happen (even if just rarely) with the old raw_rec module?
i would be surprised, because the share the same copy code.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

g3gg0

Quote from: heniloux on October 26, 2013, 10:59:45 PM
got two clips today on new build of 5d3 raw that came out green, looks like the other channels weren't captured, very odd...

can you upload one of these clips?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

g3gg0

Quote from: core_32 on October 25, 2013, 08:29:50 PMAm I right to think that mlv module isn't ready yet?
it is ready. just compile and install it.

g3gg0

Quote from: Andy600 on October 25, 2013, 04:17:07 PM
Also, the new mlv player is great! but seems to only work with the first mlv selected. The next mlv's selected make the idx files ok but drop out of the player and back to liveview. Bug?

just committed some fixes. that should work now.
can you test it?

g3gg0

i added mlv_play.mo to the pre-built binaries.
if you install file_man.mo, you can browse your card's file system and open .mlv and .raw files for playback

arrinkiiii

Im getting also random pink/green clips on footage with MLV

g3gg0

the whole footage looks like that?
can you use mlv_dump to write only one frame?

a1ex

Change the black level.

exiftool -BlackLevel=2048 *.DNG

(or 1024 or just adjust it until you get rid of the color cast)

g3gg0

Quote from: arrinkiiii on October 26, 2013, 11:47:20 PM
Im getting also random pink/green clips on footage with MLV

tried playing in MLV_Viewer ?

heniloux

Thanks alex, after some reading seems like changing the black level is my forte

G3gg0- the whole clip comes out with the green color cast, gonna get the HDD from the editor this afternoon to check MLV and a couple of other stuff, ill report back as soon as i have more info.

g3gg0

yeah, please also check the footage with MLV-Viewer.
if you can run mlv_dump, run it with -v to dump RAWI content

heniloux

Quote from: g3gg0 on October 27, 2013, 10:37:52 AM
yeah, please also check the footage with MLV-Viewer.
if you can run mlv_dump, run it with -v to dump RAWI content
I checked it on MLV viewer droped the .RAW in... still green.
raw2dng.exe=green
raw2dng.app=green
rawmagic=green
blacklevel 2048 - works
Im not to familiar with mlv_dump etc

arrinkiiii

Quote from: g3gg0 on October 27, 2013, 09:57:30 AM
tried playing in MLV_Viewer ?

No, i just use mlv2dng and then open in after effects. All my clips have this pink glitch error in all footage (like in the begging of raw video) I recorded this files showing in Lv  "Continuos Recording OK".  But why the question if i use MLV_Viewer?

Today will try the new mlv module update (already in the nights builds and see if the pink thing show up again. With the antepenult i already got the right name of my camera in ACR. Thanks for that =))

Thanks  :)

g3gg0

Quote from: arrinkiiii on October 28, 2013, 09:59:48 AMBut why the question if i use MLV_Viewer?

because i want you to try it and tell me if it is better there ;)

g3gg0

for all with green cast problems:

mlv_dump -v file.mlv > log.txt

and please send me the log (http://upload.g3gg0.de/)

a1ex

It's a side effect of broken pink frames (black level is computed from the optical black bars, but if that bar contains corrupted image data in the moment when black level is updated, you'll get green images). Nothing to do with front-ends like MLV or raw_rec; it's in the raw backend (vsync or EDMAC).

g3gg0

yep and mlv_dump will print the RAWI frame and thus the stored black level which comes from autocalculation ;)

a1ex

Yes, but the autocalculation is only done before recording (at least in raw_rec). So if it starts with a wrong estimation, it will use that for the entire movie.

mrnv45

i cant find a working .mlv2dng  i always get an error that says error 11...logout? on shell.

i am on a mac.  i wanna compare .raw to .mlv on my 7d.  sometimes i try to record on .mlv and it ends up saving as .mov? any reason why?

g3gg0

Quote from: mrnv45 on October 30, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
i cant find a working .mlv2dng  i always get an error that says error 11...logout? on shell.

i am on a mac.  i wanna compare .raw to .mlv on my 7d.  sometimes i try to record on .mlv and it ends up saving as .mov? any reason why?

> mlv2dng: please post in the mlv2dng thread (see first post)

> .mov: well, i guess you forgot to enable the mlv_rec module, or you forgot to enable raw recording in menu

mrnv45

they cant answer me they always seem to skim pass my questions or cant suggest anything for mac.
this being a post about mov_rec i figured i would ask.

and no i have it enabled.  thats why i said it records one or 2 videos then the rest are .mov files.  is it cause i might hit the 5x zoom?

g3gg0

added dng saving code to mlv_dump.
so if you can compile it yourself, call it with --dng for saving the frames as dng

escho

cannot compile mlv_rec anymore due to mlv_dump-error:

lzma/LzmaEnc.c: In function 'LzmaEnc_Alloc':
lzma/LzmaEnc.c:1908:8: warning: variable 'btMode' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
ar: creating lzma/lib7z.a
mlv_dump.c:78:1: warning: padding struct size to alignment boundary [-Wpadded]
mlv_dump.c: In function 'main':
mlv_dump.c:635:9: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 2 has type 'long unsigned int' [-Wformat]
mlv_dump.c:1211:33: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 2 has type 'size_t' [-Wformat]
mlv_dump.c:1211:33: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 3 has type 'size_t' [-Wformat]
mlv_dump.c:1456:33: error: 'struct raw_info' has no member named 'buffer'
mlv_dump.c:1537:37: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 2 has type 'size_t' [-Wformat]
make: *** [mlv_dump] Fehler 1

Tried with latest sources

Edgar
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed