Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfort

Something is going on with bitbucket's issue tracker. I posted a bug report about the issues we've been discussing but it isn't showing up on the issues tracker list.

In any case, hope @a1ex and/or @g3gg0 are reading this.

dfort

Quote from: mothaibaphoto on October 14, 2016, 09:51:00 AM
@dfort:  Update mlv_dump topic is great idea and i have various workarounds for issue i encounter,
but all this has nothing to do with message i want to bring to public:
Last version of vertical stripes correction code incompatible with DualISO.
Cromatic Aberrations/Purple FringingI mean I extracted 2 frames from 300 frames sequence, this why it contains too much metadata.

Updating cr2hdr is also needed. If you process your file with MLVFS or Danne's cr2hdr.app you'll see that the white balance on your shot is 2550K, not even close for a sunny daylight scene.

That's the first thing that I saw and thought it was related to this bug report:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/issues/2612/wb-issue-with-dual_iso-in-mlv_dump

g3gg0

i don't understand what the problem is.

can someone explain it to me?
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Danne

The problem in unified version atm is this.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7122.msg173295#msg173295

It only affects dual iso files and it seems vertical stripes causing it.

The rest going on. I,d say mainly a call out for implementing ufraw white balance code the way dmilligan has been doing it in mlvfs which Bouncyball took on with ml_dng branch. Quite confusing right now with all fruits at once in the mix...

dfort

g3gg0

uhm, thats what i get. thus my dumb question...
but not sure if the mlv_dump contains all fixes, so would have to recompile.
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

g3gg0

to fix that issue, just undo this change and it should work again

dfort

Thanks @g3gg0 verified the fix works over here.

dfort

Another issue, this time one that was reported a while back in this discussion but I can't find a bug report in bitbucket on it. Segfault when applying chroma smoothing.

The fix came up in another discussion with some off topic comments.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=17955.msg173530#msg173530

Long story short, mlv_dump segfaults when applying chroma smoothing. There is a fix for that but it wasn't explained in the pull request so it hasn't been merged yet.

DeafEyeJedi

Nice find @Danne and Thanks for the reminder @dfort!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

g3gg0

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

g3gg0

@dfort:
first: ok
second: well, alex has some comments about that and i do not exactly know the impact of this patch.

@andy kh:
i am not aware of the progress on this topic. will check.

dfort

Quote from: g3gg0 on November 09, 2016, 06:40:50 PM
first: ok
second: well, alex has some comments about that and i do not exactly know the impact of this patch.

Thanks!

Just a suggestion--in your examples on the first post you have:

Quote# will dump the first 123 frames into a new file
./mlv_dump -f 123 -o out.mlv in.mlv

That will actually dump out frames 0 through 123 which are 124 frames. Perhaps it should say:

Quote# will dump frames 0 through 123 into a new file

Note that ./mlv_dump --dng -f 0 in.mlv (or ./mlv_dump --dng -f 0-0 in.mlv) will now extract just frame 0 instead of all of the frames.

Danne

Nicely done. How good to see mlv_dump still growing.

g3gg0

what is missing in mlv_rec/mlv_dump for 10 bit support? (aside of post processing)

DeafEyeJedi

Re: 10/12-bit -- Could this be related to headers being incomplete? Not sure tho...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

dfort

Quote from: g3gg0 on November 09, 2016, 10:17:11 PM
what is missing in mlv_rec/mlv_dump for 10 bit support? (aside of post processing)

There is this commit in the raw_video_10bit_12_bit branch so mlv_dump can work with the lower bit depths.

Quotemlv_dump: fix DNG output for lower bit depths
You need to disable all processing, e.g. mlv_dump M00-1234.MLV --dng --no-fixcp --no-stripes

g3gg0

ah thanks. yeah, guess that was a dumb copy paste error :)

GutterPump

I have a small question related to MLV_DUMP, when i extract DNG from mlv_dump i can't import DNG into Premiere Pro CC 2015, but if i use the soft raw2cdng 1.7.9 it is possible.
Is this a known problem?

I use the last mlv_dump  (09 dec) made for extract 10 and 12bits MLV/RAW, but i tried with standard 14bits MLV.

I don't especially use Premiere Pro for color grading with DNG, with davinci resolve i don't get any problem, i was just curious about this issue.

Danne

Here is a version of mlv_dump which is built upon dmilligan ml-dng code. The code has been worked upon even more by Bouncyball and a little by me. It applies correct white balance and needed cdng tags and also corrects any local camera model tags so acr can read and apply dcp profiles unique to every camera model.
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/ml-dng-dannephoto/downloads/mlv_dump
Code here
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/ml-dng-dannephoto/overview

*oops, windows user. Maybe somebody can compile this for windows.

GutterPump

Very interesting and thanks for reply !

I will wait a Windows build if someone could take the time to compile this.

Danne

Here is Bouncyballs downloads area. I think there,s a version of mlv_dump for windows. Have a look. Hopefully working for 10/12bit.
https://bitbucket.org/bouncyball/mlv-tools/downloads

GutterPump

Just tried now and yes it work on Premiere CC 2015 !

But unfortunately does not work for the extraction of MLV 12 and 10bits