Magic Lantern (RAW) Video format v2.0 (mlv_rec.mo)

Started by g3gg0, July 15, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5Djp

Audio timeline is longer in Afterfx than the video, but it still seems to be synched.  1920x1080

5Djp

And I just wanted to say,. "amazing!" work, by all of you for this.

frenchps49

Is the mlv_rec module in the Nightly Build of Magic Lantern 5D3.113 different from the one in Magic Lantern 5D3.113 or are they interchangeable ? Thanks for the answer.

g3gg0

i guess you mean 1.2.3 / 1.1.3.
they are interchangeable as long nothing was changed to the API.
in this case 1.2.3 is a different branch and may miss some updates to the modules therefore.

but in general: modules are never built for a single camera, they are always compatible across all cameras.

just try, if it throws an error on loading, then the API has changed.
if it loads successfully, everything should be fine.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

jarandov

How can I extract audio files from mlv file. I could successfully extract video .dng files with mlv_dump.

g3gg0

if you had mlv_snd enabled, you will get a wav too
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

jarandov

5Djp

anandkamal

hi, am using 5d3 113, April 30th build, MLV. The audio files are at least 8 milliseconds leading... ex: if the video is 0:53:04, audio is 0:53:13... For every file, this is the case. In resolve, i right click in master and select "autosync based on timecode" it syncs but some footage incorrectly. I will have to do it manually. Since am using for a serious video purpose, i have lots of footage and manual syncing and trimming the extra audio is hectic. Also, this causes flickering issue in resolve after color correction. How can i rectify the audio-video time code non-alignment? thanks...

jarandov

Hi

I am using 5D3 123 and still can't get out sound files. My nightly build is may 07. I have used mlv_dump as following "mlv_dump --dng M13-1313-MLV". What can be wrong?

jarandov

if you had mlv_snd enabled, you will get a wav too.

Yes I have both mlv_rec and mlv_snd enabled. Status OK. I have used command: "mlv_dump --dng M13-1313-MLV".  Is it OK for geting sound files too? Does the sound files will have .wav extension?

applewide

hi g3gg0

can you please get smpte to work on 5d iii on 1.2.3

thank you

gravitatemediagroup

what does the back button af address? sorry if this is a silly question

jarandov

Hi I have now tried to use another program for converting mlv files to dng (MLVMystic) and not this software also could produce sound files. I suppose that my MLV files does not includes sound information. Do I need enable more that mlv_snd ?

budafilms

Quote from: jarandov on May 16, 2014, 03:43:07 PM
Hi I have now tried to use another program for converting mlv files to dng (MLVMystic) and not this software also could produce sound files. I suppose that my MLV files does not includes sound information. Do I need enable more that mlv_snd ?

Don't expect MLV Mystic paste your audio over your video footage. Paste your audio in Davinci Resolve.
There are a software for 30U$ - I think Raw Magic -  that process both files. I preferred use Da Vinci and donate the money here, that could be better software for our camera.

jarandov

Hi budafilms,

I have raw magic lite but that program dos not work with mlv files. Probably only raw.
Does exist any other raw magic program?

jarandov

Hi budafilms,

I want anyway go to DaVinci in next step. But I need to have both dng files and sound files from mlv first. Do i have understod conversion from mlv wrong?

budafilms

Quote from: jarandov on May 17, 2014, 09:12:12 PM
Hi budafilms,

I want anyway go to DaVinci in next step. But I need to have both dng files and sound files from mlv first. Do i have understod conversion from mlv wrong?

Hi! Here are a lot of softwares. The classic one is RAW2DNG, for mac and PC.
I love Son of the Batch.
Go to Forum, RAW, Post Processing!

And try DaVinci, in a couple of weeks they going to implemente more edition tools. So, it's not going to be only a color processing. And it's free the lite version, enough for us  ;)

ted ramasola

using the May 14 and previous nightlies for the 5D2 I sometimes get an "overloaded buzz like static" in my wav files. They are quite random and I can't pin down a pattern.
At first, I thought they are only in the first recorded file after a card was formatted but recently they just pop out at random.
I also first thought that the "buzzing" static will appear only once per clip and only near the beginning but a recent shoot shows it will appear anywhere and sometimes it will happen several times per clip.
The video or the dngs have no problems.

Here's a sample waveform of a clip around 34sec long to show where it happens. This was using only the internal mic of the 5d2.

Out of 42 clips, 17 clips have this buzzing static.
I don't get this issue in h264 recording, only from wavs using mlv.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

g3gg0

oh wow, this happens quite often.
let me check that.

chmee

@ted ramasola
please use the official converters as well if errors like this occur. just to exclude its a bug in my tool.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

ted ramasola

Quote from: chmee on May 20, 2014, 10:05:48 AM
@ted ramasola
please use the official converters as well if errors like this occur. just to exclude its a bug in my tool.

yes, it is not your raw2cdng tool as the location for the buzz/corruption on the wav file is the same even if I extract using mlvbrowsesharp.
5DmkII  / 7D
www.ramasolaproductions.com
Texas

chmee

[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

ted ramasola

@g3gg0

ran some batch tests with AGC ON and AGC OFF, 6 clips each, twice.

With AGC ON 8 clips out of 12 had static mostly the loud buzzing, 3 of these had the low variety.

With AGC OFF only 2 clips out of 12 had low static and a blank portion.

Below is a screenshot illustrating the Loud, low volume, and blank kinds of corruption.

Pardon the typo, its meant to read "LOW VOLUME"

The batch tests runs as follows;
-Format CF card
-record 10 sec(clip1)
-record 10 sec(clip2)
turnLV off/on
-record 10 sec(clip3)
-record 10 sec(clip4)
turn cam off/on
-record 10 sec(clip5)
-record 10 sec(clip6)

batch 1 AGC ON